LaunchBox Community Forums

10.8-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

On 1/24/2020 at 2:32 PM, wallmachine said:

After updating to version 10.10 it changed my BigBox settings for:

Views -> Default Startup View: Platforms to Play Mode
and
Videos -> Use game background videos to off and my videos wouldn't play unless I turned it on then off again

Nothing is impossible, but I know for a fact that these settings are not getting reset during the upgrade. So I'm not sure what exactly happened, but there's something fishy here.

7 hours ago, Jjsvhulk said:

A plea to add 3rd monitor option!!  For artwork/controls/videos etc

Thanks, I'll add this to my list for the next poll.

On 1/24/2020 at 4:16 PM, RULLUR said:

It's the main view, like where all the N64 games are listed

What emulator (and core) were you using?

6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

What emulator (and core) were you using?

Project64 v2.3. I'm hoping they have an update too unless I overlooked one. I try stay away from RetroArch since for some unknown reason it doesn't wanna HDMI all that well for my projector setup. Not sure whoelse is experiencing some games on Project64 v2.3 that end up super brightening the screen in a way that only restarting the PC is the only way to fix it, but hopefully someone found a way to fix that issue too since I think I seen somewhere the programmer of that doesn't know what could be the issue with that brightening even though some have stated it. Makes me wonder if that freezing is another issue with Project64 v2.3 too or not which has me a bit concerned with that version more on the stability of it.

5 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Project64 v2.3. I'm hoping they have an update too unless I overlooked one. I try stay away from RetroArch since for some unknown reason it doesn't wanna HDMI all that well for my projector setup. Not sure whoelse is experiencing some games on Project64 v2.3 that end up super brightening the screen in a way that only restarting the PC is the only way to fix it, but hopefully someone found a way to fix that issue too since I think I seen somewhere the programmer of that doesn't know what could be the issue with that brightening even though some have stated it. Makes me wonder if that freezing is another issue with Project64 v2.3 too or not which has me a bit concerned with that version more on the stability of it.

The latest stable version is v2.32: https://www.pj64-emu.com/public-releases

You could also try a development build to see if it makes any difference: https://www.pj64-emu.com/nightly-builds

Edited by Jakatsu
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2019 at 7:37 PM, oblivioncth said:

So I overall like the new default theme (just updated to 10.8 beta to get out of the video download bug in 10.7), but have one minorish complaint: Can we get an option to center the boxes vertically on each row if there are different size boxes?

For example I prefer using the "Front Box Cover" view but have LB to fallback to screenshots and some other entries if there is none. I would prefer this to look roughly like the following:

Centered.png

On 12/16/2019 at 3:57 PM, Jason Carr said:

This would be rather easy to implement by tweaking the theme, but unfortunately I won't be doing that myself for the new theme.

Sorry for posting in a dead beta thread but no one ever followed up on @Jason Carr's response here. Does anyone know what values we'd have to change in the XML files in order to get the images to center vertically? The Custom Theme Tutorial board is dead and I tried messing around with the code myself to no avail.

4 hours ago, Chaotic Viral said:

Sorry for posting in a dead beta thread but no one ever followed up on @Jason Carr's response here. Does anyone know what values we'd have to change in the XML files in order to get the images to center vertically? The Custom Theme Tutorial board is dead and I tried messing around with the code myself to no avail.

I never looked into it because I got used to the way it is and somewhat prefer it, lol.

Sorry I cant help you.