LaunchBox Community Forums

10.8-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Hey all, the first 10.8 beta is out now with the following:

• New Feature: The default LaunchBox theme has been completely overhauled and modernized, and now includes dynamic box sizing! If desired, the old theme is still available under Tools > Options > Visuals > Theme > Old Default.

• New Feature: LaunchBox now scrapes Steam to get even more images for your Steam games! It now pulls the game's poster, clear logo, and screenshots if the game has them.

• Improvement: When a Sort Title is added to games, the Sort Title is sorted into the game lists without any overrides for "A", "An", or "The". This allows you to override the default sorting methods by adding a Sort Title if desired.

• Improvement: "Games Missing Banners" and "Games Missing Music" have been added to the "Games Missing Media" filter type

• Improvement: "Games Missing Media" should now be more accurate and more performant when adding media

• Fixed: The "Games Missing Media" filter type was showing games that shouldn't be in the list on rare occasions

• Fixed: Cinematix game theme video downloads were not working correctly in some cases (introduced in 10.7)

Here are some screenshots of the new theme redesign:

image.thumb.png.58480dd2b87d7e6309fc3ad455320d8f.pngimage.thumb.png.8566cc95557ec80c1095b63f6203caae.pngimage.thumb.png.9677c48264a82b2444171f6d389a3d8d.pngNotice how the boxes are now dynamically sized, and all the extra space is gone as well.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

53 minutes ago, darreldearth said:

Will there or is there a way to filter the missing content for specific systems only? Only ask kuz I have around 100k games and the results are enormous and would be so easy to work on specific systems one at a time. 

You can sort of do this at the moment, not exactly what you are asking but you can sort by platform. Just run the missing media tool then use the "Arrange by" dropdown to arrange by Platform.

So far I'm having issues with when I select a Random game now that it displays the info and everything, but the cover being selected is nowhere in sight to where I may have to scroll a bit to find out which one. I also tried to Bulk Edit some stuff and then it took me all the way back to the top of the list instead of which set of games I was working on. I also get some slow down where it gets somewhat unresponsive when I Edit too.

42 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

So far I'm having issues with when I select a Random game now that it displays the info and everything, but the cover being selected is nowhere in sight to where I may have to scroll a bit to find out which one. I also tried to Bulk Edit some stuff and then it took me all the way back to the top of the list instead of which set of games I was working on. I also get some slow down where it gets somewhat unresponsive when I Edit too.

I can't speak as much to the navigational issues but the slow down is probably because we check what images you have now after a title is edited. That process may be taking longer than planned. I may be able to streamline that a little bit better so that it feels more responsive, or at least gives you some feedback to let you know what is happening.

Out of curiosity, when you notice this how many titles were you editing at once? Want to make sure when I start testing I am doing a proper one.

8 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

@RULLURif you don't like the blur just go back to the old default theme its a option in the settings as Jason explained in the 1st post about the beta.

I know, and I like everything else with the new theme other than the blur and some glitches I'm dealing with. So I think I'm gonna try and ride it out in hopes some of these things will improve in the next Beta or so.

5 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I can't speak as much to the navigational issues but the slow down is probably because we check what images you have now after a title is edited. That process may be taking longer than planned. I may be able to streamline that a little bit better so that it feels more responsive, or at least gives you some feedback to let you know what is happening.

Out of curiosity, when you notice this how many titles were you editing at once? Want to make sure when I start testing I am doing a proper one.

When it went back to the top I was Bulk Editing 2 games for the Series category

Just now, RULLUR said:

When it went back to the top I was Bulk Editing 2 games for the Series category

I was referring more to the slow down after pushing the ok button of the edit screen. The time delay you noted from the time you push OK to the time it feels like you regain control in the primary window.

1 minute ago, C-Beats said:

I was referring more to the slow down after pushing the ok button of the edit screen. The time delay you noted from the time you push OK to the time it feels like you regain control in the primary window.

With that it seems at most if I do that to just 1 game than if I do it in bulk which I find kinda odd because I would think doing a bunch of games at once would cause it to freeze or something, but I get it happening more with singular edits

Just now, RULLUR said:

With that it seems at most if I do that to just 1 game than if I do it in bulk which I find kinda odd because I would think doing a bunch of games at once would cause it to freeze or something, but I get it happening more with singular edits

My mistake. This process runs after editing a single title, or download metadata across several titles. Bulk edit doesn't change image information so it isn't called on multi edits. That is why single edit takes longer. I will take a look at the code before next beta push and see what we can't do to make that call a bit more intelligent and faster. Thanks for the report.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

you may be able to edit the blur out I'm not sure on that and would have no clue on how to do so.

I was looking around at that too, but haven't seen anything listed that I can optionally turn off and on. I think it would be a good idea if they did it that way though.

I'm one of those that if something of a feature isn't of my liking that I at least want to have it something optional so that it's still good to someone else who will enjoy it

Edited by RULLUR

6 hours ago, darreldearth said:

Will there or is there a way to filter the missing content for specific systems only? Only ask kuz I have around 100k games and the results are enormous and would be so easy to work on specific systems one at a time. 

5 hours ago, neil9000 said:

You can sort of do this at the moment, not exactly what you are asking but you can sort by platform. Just run the missing media tool then use the "Arrange by" dropdown to arrange by Platform.

Or, use the Games Missing Media filter and put the platform name in the search box. One way or another, it should get you what you're looking for.

2 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Is there a way of options that lets you unblur the background similar to before? I'm just so used to seeing the background and how I have things placed with them too

Currently there isn't. But yes, you could just modify the XAML. Depending on feedback I might take the time to provide an option for that. With all the translucency though, I find that the normal fanart backgrounds don't look all that great and make it difficult to see (though I felt the same about the old theme somewhat).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RULLUR said:

The random game and edit scrolling are currently minor known issues. It works usually but occasionally things won't be scrolled to properly in those cases. I'll get that fixed here soon.

However, I don't know of any reason why performance should be any different with this theme (though I suppose it's possible that rendering specifically could be taking a tad bit longer, but that shouldn't be causing slowdowns).

• Thanks 1