LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Premium Price Increases Coming Friday, January 24, 2020

Jason Carr

Hey all, I wanted to inform everyone about an upcoming price increase for LaunchBox Premium. On Friday, January 24, 2020 (in a couple of days), we will be increasing the price of LaunchBox Premium to the following:

Regular Licenses - $30 USD
Forever Licenses - $75 USD

This will not affect any existing customers at all, as we will be grandfathering them in at previous prices for upgrades and renewals. Anyone who has already purchased LaunchBox Premium, or who purchases before Friday, will be able to upgrade or renew at existing prices, forever. The price change will only take affect for new customers.

For new customers, here are the new prices for upgrades and renewals going forward:

Forever License Upgrade - $45 USD
Regular License Renewal - $15 USD

Thanks to everyone for all your support so far. The LaunchBox team is growing, as is the software, and we're very excited for what's to come. :)

• Like 2
  • Game On 2

Thank you Jason for freezing the prices for existing users; I have a year license that expired some months ago, and I am planning on upgrading to forever eventually (kinda on the poor side at the moment), so knowing that the price will remain the same is relieving.

I am truly happy about the growth Unbroken is having. Rocking product, solid team, and to be able to be there for the community and cater requests and features in no time, it's awesome and super appreciated :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kondorito said:

Thank you Jason for freezing the prices for existing users; I have a year license that expired some months ago, and I am planning on upgrading to forever eventually (kinda on the poor side at the moment), so knowing that the price will remain the same is relieving.

I am truly happy about the growth Unbroken is having. Rocking product, solid team, and to be able to be there for the community and cater requests and features in no time, it's awesome and super appreciated :)

Thank you Kondorito. With the amount of work you've put in for us translating, though, I can't have you paying for a license upgrade! Hit me up via PM with your full name and email and I'll send you a forever license. :)

• Like 6
  • Unusual Gem 2

1 hour ago, Damian99 said:

I was going to buy a life time sub yesterday and didn't see this. Went to buy today and saw the price increase :(

Exact same thing happened to me, unfortunately. I saw the lifetime at $50 on Thursday and planned to buy it (and make an account and all that) yesterday when my paycheck posted. Thought I was going crazy when I saw the price jumped up $25, but I asked the Discord and they confirmed there was this topic.

Sorry guys for the surprise there. At this point I can confirm that sales have not dwindled at all by what I can tell, so that confirms that it was the right decision for the company. It was a very difficult decision to make, but I have to make decisions that are best for the company, especially now that it's not just me and my own family that rely on the income, but two other families as well.

The good news is that the company is growing, which only further serves to cement the future of LaunchBox, but it does mean that we will occasionally have to deal with growing pains like this.

• Like 3

Lol I was waiting until payday too, you win some and lose some I guess. I'd have Def got a life time sub yesterday if I'd known. I find it very had to buy now knowing I could have got it for 50. Just hours ago. Maybe in a few days after the new price settles in I'll bit. Any chance of a discount code for people a few hours late?

Yeah I was going to buy the life time license last week too but when I went to buy on Sunday it went up! I'm a student working part time so it will be next week when I get paid before I can get it now :( The difference a few hours makes! I'm loving launchbox though. I'm looking forward to trying out bigbox.

• 2 weeks later...

$75 seems fair as the software does have regular updates... that being said that price takes things to another level and maybe expectations as well. I really hope we get true dynamic marquee support, bulk editing of additional apps, hiding platforms, adding additional apps to a platform rather than individual games (PC executables) and so on... Keep up the great work.

Edited by drewjbx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have owned a forever license for a while...  LB/BB is by the far the best frontend around and is well worth the increased price, however the short period of time this increase happened (Wed-Fri) was extremely short notice, and also a week before payday, when people were more likely to be waiting to purchase the license.

It would have possibly been better to increase at the start of March to give people the opportunity to get paid and give them enough notice to buy at the older prices.  

Edited by CrossyX
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2020 at 11:25 AM, Jason Carr said:

Hey all, I wanted to inform everyone about an upcoming price increase for LaunchBox Premium. On Friday, January 24, 2020 (in a couple of days), we will be increasing the price of LaunchBox Premium to the following:

Regular Licenses - $30 USD
Forever Licenses - $75 USD

This will not affect any existing customers at all, as we will be grandfathering them in at previous prices for upgrades and renewals. Anyone who has already purchased LaunchBox Premium, or who purchases before Friday, will be able to upgrade or renew at existing prices, forever. The price change will only take affect for new customers.

For new customers, here are the new prices for upgrades and renewals going forward:

Forever License Upgrade - $45 USD
Regular License Renewal - $15 USD

Thanks to everyone for all your support so far. The LaunchBox team is growing, as is the software, and we're very excited for what's to come. :)

it's so weird, my license expired early January and I wrongfully upgraded about 3 days later, which rendered my license obsolete. I wasn't worried because I was going to buy lifetime, but then i saw the new prices (in February), so I hit your costumer support and instead of mentioning I still had access to previous price, they just sent me the last good version (for my license) of launchbox premium. I ended up not buying, how do i access the previous pricing?

1 hour ago, hermosillohanon said:

it's so weird, my license expired early January and I wrongfully upgraded about 3 days later, which rendered my license obsolete. I wasn't worried because I was going to buy lifetime, but then i saw the new prices (in February), so I hit your costumer support and instead of mentioning I still had access to previous price, they just sent me the last good version (for my license) of launchbox premium. I ended up not buying, how do i access the previous pricing?

Sorry for any trouble there. As long as you have any previously purchased license file, you should be able to upgrade on the upgrade page for the previous price. Are you seeing issues with that?

On 3/30/2020 at 6:42 PM, Jason Carr said:

Sorry for any trouble there. As long as you have any previously purchased license file, you should be able to upgrade on the upgrade page for the previous price. Are you seeing issues with that?

Oh, thanks! I never got that far, I was surprisecd when i first saw the prices, old price still applies!

• Like 1