LaunchBox Community Forums

Nintendo 64DD Retroarch

Whisper1982

On 2/10/2020 at 7:25 PM, Whisper1982 said:

Hi! first of all, i would like to apologies for my english...i usualy talk in french.

I have retroarch to emulate Nintendo 64 with Mupen64plus_next_libretro core, that working very well. But the Nintendo 64DD roms doesn't load? Someone could help me with that? Thanks

I've tried running the original dumps with very poor results. I got it working using these ports of the games:

I'm not sure if they work with mupen. If not use the parallel core and enable n64dd hardware in the options.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 1:25 AM, Whisper1982 said:

Hi! first of all, i would like to apologies for my english...i usualy talk in french.

I have retroarch to emulate Nintendo 64 with Mupen64plus_next_libretro core, that working very well. But the Nintendo 64DD roms doesn't load? Someone could help me with that? Thanks

until today the Puppen Core was not able to run 64DD games. with Mupen64 next 2.0 it is now possible.

1 hour ago, SonicFan53 said:

Wait.. you need a BIOS for DD in Mupen in RetroArch?

brand new updates ...
https://www.libretro.com/index.php/mupen64plus-next-2-0-64dd-support-angrylion-and-gliden64-in-one-build-parallel-rsp-support-and-android/

First, you need a BIOS file. Make sure the file ‘IPL.n64’ is located in your /Mupen64plus directory.

You can either use the subsystem for 64DD, or you can name the disk image the same as the ROM including

"

First, you need a BIOS file. Make sure the file ‘IPL.n64’ is located in your /Mupen64plus directory.

You can either use the subsystem for 64DD, or you can name the disk image the same as the ROM including"

Does anyone know the command line for launch box to access the subsystem? Or have I misunderstood something here?

16 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Try this:

--subsystem 64DD

or

--subsystem 64dd

I tried yesterday for a little bit to get 64DD games working with the new Mupen core but had no success and gave up cause I didn't really care all that much.

I can't get it to work either... Retroarch doesn't even launch. The documentation on Libretro isn't very thorough to be honest...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

Anyone get N64DD working with Launchbox? The games run if I launch directly from retroach.

Have you added the platform to the associated platforms for Retroarch? If it work's by itself it will work in Launchbox, you just haven't set it up correctly in Launchbox.

9 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Have you added the platform to the associated platforms for Retroarch? If it work's by itself it will work in Launchbox, you just haven't set it up correctly in Launchbox.

I was incorrect, it boots into what I assume is the N64DD OS, basically Mario running around a large N.

The emulator is set up correctly in retroarch, but i am wondering if you need to pass a subsystem to load?

Capture.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

Tried with Mupen64 next and F-Zero Expansion, and it works like a charm following  https://www.libretro.com/index.php/mupen64plus-next-2-0-64dd-support-angrylion-and-gliden64-in-one-build-parallel-rsp-support-and-android/

The key seems to be grabbing the correct BIOS rom (the US retail one) and putting it named like this "IPL.n64" in the mupen64plus folder of retroarch/system. A quick google search for that exact name shall lead everyone to the correct file.

Name your two roms like indicated on the page linked above

F-Zero X (USA).z64

and

F-Zero X (USA).z64.ndd

and load the former.

Heavy guitar riff upcoming 😉

Edited by dussmannwurst
  • Like 1