LaunchBox Community Forums

Remove this controller port message on RA?

flatuswalrus

I’ve not used LB at all for quite some time as I was renovating a house. I plugged everything in today and everything works as it should except I get an annoying message in the bottom right corner of RA about my controller. The controller is working just fine though. Turning off ‘on screen notifications’ does nothing. I did update RA and cores via the Stella updater and then RA wouldn’t work as it was missing some .dll files but I sorted that out easily so I’m not sure if the update had anything to do with this. Thanks in advance. 

354EB9A3-81DD-46C6-A6AE-0435A0B438AD.jpegI have tried my controller in every USB port which results in the controller working but the message still occurring.

Edited by Dane

4 hours ago, scooter1974 said:

If you go to "settings > user interface > menu widgets OFF" it will disable those popups.

Ahh, okay. I went to something like 'onscreen notifications' and turned the a widgets setting off there but I did not know about that one so will give that a go today. Thank you very much.

15 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

I have turned the on-screen notifications size setting down to 1 and it's basically like  it isn't there at all.

Unfortunately that does nothing in this case. It is almost like these are separate from your "normal" notifications in RA. It is just a continual stream of that message over and over again, weird.

1 hour ago, Dane said:

Unfortunately that does nothing in this case. It is almost like these are separate from your "normal" notifications in RA. It is just a continual stream of that message over and over again, weird.

I had this the other day with a usb device I was not using. I updated the drivers for that usb in device manager which stopped the constant stream of messages.

1 hour ago, Thatman84 said:

I had this the other day with a usb device I was not using. I updated the drivers for that usb in device manager which stopped the constant stream of messages.

Thank you for the recommendation. My controller said it was using the most up to date driver so unfortunately that was not the solution to my issue. I feel like I might just have to remove RA and install a fresh one. It has been so long since I used RA I forget, do I just keep my 'config' folder due to keep all my important platform settings such as my overlays and shaders etc? Or, can I just delete the 'retroarch.cfg' and 'retroarch.default.cfg' in the main folder to do fresh start?

EDIT: Never mind, I tried deleting 'retroarch.cfg' and 'retroarch.default.cfg' and the same messages were occurring.

Edited by Dane

I have tried every USB port on my computer regarding my controller as well as a completely fresh download of RA and I’m STILL getting this message. The first two messages say that the controller is configured in port 1 and 2 but then just constantly repeats the message saying that it’s disconnected from port 1. I just can’t figure it out.

8674467E-EC8F-45C8-A657-5E8BB3D5E590.jpeg

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, wichitakid71 said:

Did you solve this?  I have some version of this too in RA at boot for most games.

I did solve this. For whatever reason my specific version of RA, at the time, did not seem to display the appropriate settings in the menu to rectify this. However, after updating I went to settings > on-screen display > on-screen notifications and turned off all notifications which fixed the issue.

Edited by flatuswalrus