LaunchBox Community Forums

AllNightLong Theme

thimolor

49 minutes ago, Newlander said:

This themes great! would be my main theme if it wasn't missing art for some of my platforms :) , any chance you will be adding more?

Hi there, @Crylen has made "few" more. Link is on the 3rd page in this thread. I'am going to add those in the next update and also make the new platform view with more platforms. There's also the psd-template file to make more.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 5:17 AM, Crylen said:

See attached zip for all the extra banners I created!

AllNightLong Banners.zip 34.45 MB · 14 downloads

I'm still missing a bunch of Arcade systems but I'm going to take a little break for a few days. I'll get them officially posted on Launchbox at some point too but hopefully someone else can make use of them until the

Includes 112 banners. Some of the them are the originals that came with the theme, others are completely new. I ended up re-creating a few of them to match the new ones (IE I remade N64 to match the N64DD logo, or some of the NEC systems)

@Theboombringer There's also a PS3 banner in there too. 

any chance you can make one for tiger handhelds + arcade platforms?  like Naomi , Type X , Nessica ect? :)

2 hours ago, Newlander said:

any chance you can make one for tiger handhelds + arcade platforms?  like Naomi , Type X , Nessica ect? :)

Tiger handhelds? Are you really playing those or just hoarding systems?  :) Naomi should be made already, at least it's in the playlist folder. I could do Type X and Nessica, but I ain't gonna do them all :) It takes so much time. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is honestly the greatest theme since when Unified first came out--so clean, sharp, cool, and the feel is just right! Amazing amazing work!

I'm having some trouble getting the Platform View 3 (the console pillars) and the Horizontal Game View 3 working...all I get are game lists with details. Is there a certain series of checkboxes the Images options need to have?

Also on Platform View 2, the banners look incredible!--with genre playlists they spit back the oversized LaunchBox font, is there a workaround for that?

So stoked this theme exists!

9 hours ago, Setzer84 said:

This is honestly the greatest theme since when Unified first came out--so clean, sharp, cool, and the feel is just right! Amazing amazing work!

I'm having some trouble getting the Platform View 3 (the console pillars) and the Horizontal Game View 3 working...all I get are game lists with details. Is there a certain series of checkboxes the Images options need to have?

Also on Platform View 2, the banners look incredible!--with genre playlists they spit back the oversized LaunchBox font, is there a workaround for that?

So stoked this theme exists!

Glad you like it. If you are seeing text insted of banners, then you are either missing some images for your platform/game set or you didn't refresh the images from the bigbox menu. Unfortunately if you are missing images from platforms/playlists, you need to make them yourself. I have uploaded the psd-files to make more. If you are missing game images, then you can set the fallbacks from the launchbox image settings... hope this helps,

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 8:18 PM, thimolor said:

Glad you like it. If you are seeing text insted of banners, then you are either missing some images for your platform/game set or you didn't refresh the images from the bigbox menu. Unfortunately if you are missing images from platforms/playlists, you need to make them yourself. I have uploaded the psd-files to make more. If you are missing game images, then you can set the fallbacks from the launchbox image settings... hope this helps,

I ended up figuring it out--the version downloaded from Big Box seems to be broken and outdated--once I downloaded and installed direct from the forums here everything works great.

For the genre banners, I discovered you can use anything 1024x1024 named to the stock LaunchBox names (e.g. Action, Adventure)  as long as you place them in the Playlists Banners folder (alongside the Arcade playlists). 

Kudos again, this is far and away the best theme out there!

• Game On 1

13 hours ago, Setzer84 said:

I ended up figuring it out--the version downloaded from Big Box seems to be broken and outdated--once I downloaded and installed direct from the forums here everything works great.

For the genre banners, I discovered you can use anything 1024x1024 named to the stock LaunchBox names (e.g. Action, Adventure)  as long as you place them in the Playlists Banners folder (alongside the Arcade playlists). 

Kudos again, this is far and away the best theme out 

Good to hear! If you are interested, I'am making a new theme based on the AllNightLong called Mausoleum. Trying to make more versatile and responsive theme that works better for all platforms and screen sizes and give the theme a better flow. So if you could help me a bit and let me know what views are you mostly using in AllNightLong? 

I'm super interested! I usually use the Banner 2 view with the vertical scroll on the games--I think it's cleaner that way. What I most love about this theme is the retro colors and cleanliness of it, it's professional and not over the top. I can tell you have an eye for good design :)

5 hours ago, Setzer84 said:

I'm super interested! I usually use the Banner 2 view with the vertical scroll on the games--I think it's cleaner that way. What I most love about this theme is the retro colors and cleanliness of it, it's professional and not over the top. I can tell you have an eye for good design :)

Thank you for the kind words. I now have this urge to perfect the clean responsive design that I'am after with the tools that are available. Have to make a lot of compromises, but I like the challenge.

• 6 months later...
18 hours ago, oriyen said:

I am not good with photoshop at all, will there be a device platform banner for Nintendo 3DS I cant seem to find anyone shared or made.

image.thumb.png.6369da8459895cb94c922b84d7e7275b.png

Not promising anything, My focus is right now on the dirtyOld Theme. When I have spare time I can make it, just don't hold your breath.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I love your theme more than anything!

Would it be possible to create a European version of the theme where the time is displayed in 24 hour format and the SNES has a different artwork?

I also don't see any console artwork on the GBA, is that normal?

Greetings Borotes

Edited by Borotes

18 hours ago, Borotes said:

Hi, I love your theme more than anything!

Would it be possible to create a European version of the theme where the time is displayed in 24 hour format and the SNES has a different artwork?

I also don't see any console artwork on the GBA, is that normal?

Greetings Borotes

You can use this to make the changes to the theme: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/2115-community-theme-creator-for-bigbox/

Here are the theme files: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/2525-allnightlong-community-theme-creator-tool-files/

Theme does not include assets for all platforms. You will have to make your own, or search the forums for the missing ones.

Edited by Juketsu

• 1 year later...

I can't remember which version introduced it (though I believe it was 12.14) but there was a bug where the correct theme video wasn't always being grabbed. This bug is corrected in 12.16 so if you haven't upgraded I would do that first and see if it solves the issue. Also if you haven't already try clearing your image cache via the options menu. May be that you just have an old cache image in there that needs cleaned out.