LaunchBox Community Forums

send Alt F4

KDestiny

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This doesn't work for Yuzu. I've tried everything, I literally mean everything. Hitting escape just goes to windowed mode and then I have to press ctrl+q.

Alt f4 does work but I'd like to use escape like all my other platforms.

Can't I map ctrl + f4 to escape or ctrl + q ?

Cheers my friend

17 minutes ago, meecob said:

This doesn't work for Yuzu. I've tried everything, I literally mean everything. Hitting escape just goes to windowed mode and then I have to press ctrl+q.

Alt f4 does work but I'd like to use escape like all my other platforms.

Can't I map ctrl + f4 to escape or ctrl + q ?

Cheers my friend

Try this in the "Running Script" section. (Copy and paste) This works for me with Yuzu and several other emulators. Then, you can press ESC to exit out of games.

; This section closes Yuzu when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

23 hours ago, bundangdon said:

Try this in the "Running Script" section. (Copy and paste) This works for me with Yuzu and several other emulators. Then, you can press ESC to exit out of games.

; This section closes Yuzu when pressing Escape
{
}

I just typed a really long winded message and it didn't submit my reply.

I doesn't work for me. It just takes me back to windowed mode. Control Q does work fine but I wish to use Escape.

The bit where I said "I've tried everything, I literally mean everything" I meant it.

Thanks for trying.

3 hours ago, meecob said:

I just typed a really long winded message and it didn't submit my reply.

I doesn't work for me. It just takes me back to windowed mode. Control Q does work fine but I wish to use Escape.

The bit where I said "I've tried everything, I literally mean everything" I meant it.

Thanks for trying.

Both of these work  just make sure you place either in the “Running Script” tab and NOT the “Exit Script” tab

{

WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}

}

or you can use 

Send ^q

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I tried most of these scripts to close most of the games. They were working flawlessly with the most but with some are not.

let me more specific, Most of "Outright Games" like, PawPatrol Adventure City Calls.

when I press physically Alt+F4 on my keyboard, the game close with no problem but not with the script !!

any help is really appreciated.

Edited by musarezeq

5 hours ago, musarezeq said:

Hi,

I tried most of these scripts to close most of the games. They were working flawlessly with the most but with some are not.

let me more specific, Most of "Outright Games" like, PawPatrol Adventure City Calls.

when I press physically Alt+F4 on my keyboard, the game close with no problem but not with the script !!

any help is really appreciated.

If you have the Steam version and are using the Steam ID# to launch the game, it's not going to work this way.  If you use the Steam game.exe to launch it, it may work.  But either way, you really should be exiting it through the games' menu (for Steam games).

If you have a console version, which emulator are you using for your game?

Thank you for your reply.

I am using the windows version.

I know it is always better to close windows games through the game menu itself, but because I found that actually easier for my kids to just press one button to switch to another game.

But the strange thing the command that I use, actually work on other games but that one is not , although it can still be closed by pressing the Alt+F4 on keyboard!!

3 hours ago, musarezeq said:

But the strange thing the command that I use, actually work on other games but that one is not , although it can still be closed by pressing the Alt+F4 on keyboard!!

Since it's a Windows game and you're not using an emulator, how exactly are you setting up the command?  I assume an AutoHotkey script launched via an Additional App.  What does your script look like?  Are you trying to set it to a key on the keyboard (i.e. ESC)?  Or a button on a controller?  Both?

I am trying to set it to ESC key on keyboard.

My following script is working fine with "Race with Ryan" game. I used the same script for the Paw Patrol game (with changing the RaceWithRyan.exe to PPMT.exe) name but with no success.

{
    Run, E:\Emulators\Xpadder 2013 work well\Xpadder.exe /C
}
{
WinClose, ahk_exe RaceWithRyan.exe
}
Send, !{F4}
Escape::
ExitApp
Return

And I used also the more simple one which is:

Send, !{F4}

but also not work. But as I said when this script fails to close the required game (Paw Patrol), I pressed the Alt+F4 on keyboard and the game close directly.

I really appreciate your time spending reading my messages , so please don't bother yourself in that issue. I already teach my kid how to use Alt+F4 to close the game. Don't worry!! 😅

• Game On 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
10 hours ago, Truest1 said:

Hey guys a need a ahk script to long press esc key sends alt+F4 . Anyone can help please? 

Or maybe hold 1 key and esc sends alt+F4? 

try this out. it works for me

Esc::				                        
KeyWait, Esc, T3		                        ;wait to see if esc key is held down for 3 seconds ("T3" = Time/duration of 3 seconds)
If (ErrorLevel = 1) {                                   ;if pressed for 3 seconds
	Send {RAlt down}{F4 down}{F4 up}{RAlt up}       ;send Alt+F4
        KeyWait, Esc	                                ;waits for hotkey to be released, this prevents a regular keypress (esc) from being sent on release due to not being at exactly 3 secs
}
Else    		                                ;if held less than 3 seconds
        Esc::Esc                                        ;send esc as if it were a regular keypress

2 hours ago, skizzosjt said:

try this out. it works for me

Esc::				                        
KeyWait, Esc, T3		                        ;wait to see if esc key is held down for 3 seconds ("T3" = Time/duration of 3 seconds)
If (ErrorLevel = 1) {                                   ;if pressed for 3 seconds
	Send {RAlt down}{F4 down}{F4 up}{RAlt up}       ;send Alt+F4
        KeyWait, Esc	                                ;waits for hotkey to be released, this prevents a regular keypress (esc) from being sent on release due to not being at exactly 3 secs
}
Else    		                                ;if held less than 3 seconds
        Esc::Esc                                        ;send esc as if it were a regular keypress

Thank you I will try this out