LaunchBox Community Forums

11.0-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

13 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Welp, zero changes were made across any of those versions that should affect the speed of filtering or populating games. So all I can figure is that there was some kind of outside influence there.

Interesting. I'm at a complete lost on what could of happened because it changed so suddenly and I only picked up on it soon after getting 11.2 beta to work and don't remember changing anything with my system.

Strange.

On 6/16/2020 at 1:31 PM, Agent47 said:

I believe GameEx does vid and screenshot capturing, but I'm not positive. It's one of the few frontends I've never had any desire to try.

I do know many emulators offer that functionality but having it in the frontend would save the steps of renaming and/or moving the captures. So that's a plus for people interested in the feature.

Yes, I used gamex ex before launchbox, in gameex you can take videos or screnshot and have a function to make it automatically for all your missing media games, so multiple videos is exclusive here, pause menu, start screen inside frontend too, image priorities, achivements,customization posibilities, etc  a lot of things are exclusive or better here!

by the way, I have a question, How can I see all the multiple videos in bigbox? can you help me guys

Edited by Drodrick

17 hours ago, Drodrick said:

I have a question, How can I see all the multiple videos in bigbox?

Multiple videos is a brand new feature and so there isn't any theme that shows multiple videos at once, and we haven't built any preview menu inside of Big Box that would let you do this either (at least at this point). To quickly see what videos you have for a game you would have to use the edit game screen on that game in LaunchBox.

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2020 at 2:04 PM, RULLUR said:

I have now made Subfolders and even thought everything isn't Titled exact to the game with a -01 at the end of it I have found that it seems to detect keywords similar to the game titles. So when I didn't set a game to a video clip I guess it automatically found one, and it was for the wrong platform? Before then I just had one larger folder filled with video clips of Gameplays and Commercials/Trailers without any Subfolders added in.

So basically my Atari 7800 Ms. Pac-Man ended up using a Lynx Ms. Pac-Man clip just because I didn't go in and set it to the 7800 clip, so instead it kinda found whatever had Ms. Pac-Man in the title I guess and just kept with that clip only? Same with my 3DO version of Samurai Shodown didn't have clip set to it, so it just automatically ended up using the Game Gear version of  it instead?

I'm hoping now that I have made Platform Subfolders in my custom Video directory that this won't happen again. Just gonna be such a pain to manually get all these videos set to how they're supposed to be again. I had to make copies of some clips that were a commercial that mentioned several other Platforms in them just so they don't play tug of war over the same clip. My only thing now is trying to make sure I don't have the wrong clip playing for a Regionally different version.

I have a feeling that something is wrong with how your collection is configured, but it's really hard to figure it out without seeing it and your media. My best guess would be conflicting folders or something of that nature.

On 7/22/2020 at 1:51 PM, Drodrick said:

Yes, I used gamex ex before launchbox, in gameex you can take videos or screnshot and have a function to make it automatically for all your missing media games, so multiple videos is exclusive here, pause menu, start screen inside frontend too, image priorities, achivements,customization posibilities, etc  a lot of things are exclusive or better here!

by the way, I have a question, How can I see all the multiple videos in bigbox? can you help me guys

Big Box should randomly pick from the highest-priority available videos as you browse your collection, but yeah, there's nothing in Big Box to show all the videos at once at this point.

7 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I have a feeling that something is wrong with how your collection is configured, but it's really hard to figure it out without seeing it and your media. My best guess would be conflicting folders or something of that nature.

I kinda wish there was a way to make it like it used to be by just linking over what directory I want individually without forcing a rename and moving the video to whatever folder it feels like it wants to. Like even when I go to Edit I can't Right-Click any of the Videos I Add and set my own path via Browse, and if I click Remove Video it totally Deletes the Video within the Folder itself instead of just taking it off the list. I have to pretty much go and rename the Video just to remove it from the Video list in Edit. It's just becoming a total mess now. I'm working on my Arcade stuff and I have a North American clip for P.O.W.: Prisoners of War and a Japanese version of it too in which the title screens are different, but can't keep the clips set to their actual regions as I like to make things appear as accurate as possible, and it makes no sense to see a North American clip in a Japanese title and vise-versa. I really wish I knew a more creative way to getting around this and fixing it properly like it used to be before the capture features were put in place because it's done nothing but frustrate me. I guess what it comes down to is I want to be able to easily have clips set to their regions properly and not have clips fight over each other if they are connected to more than one title somehow. I basically am using that same path I sent a screenshot of, but this time I now have made subfolders that belong to each Platform such as Arcade and so, and I went to each Platform and edited to go to their proper new subfolders I made too. Every clip I have is in a mp4 format as well. Hopefully those details kinda give you an idea of what's going on with things on my end because I really want this issue resolved so it can be as much as it used to without it further frustrating me, and kinda not trying to confuse you in what I mean either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RULLUR said:

and if I click Remove Video it totally Deletes the Video within the Folder itself instead of just taking it off the list

I agree with this part 100%, I am having to make a copy of the video folder before I do any work on a new system imported, go through the system and then go back again to try to fix just the videos so I don't have them deleted on me. If you have 2 games trying to use the same video from the import process, and go to edit one of them, that is the one it gets attached to. If you click the Remove, poof it is gone from both games when it is deleted

It would be so much better if when you click the remove button, you were given an option to either permanently remove it or just remove it from the game you are editing. Or just add another button on the dialog to "Not Use" or something

Edited by Wanderer189
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

I agree with this part 100%, I am having to make a copy of the video folder before I do any work on a new system imported, go through the system and then go back again to try to fix just the videos so I don't have them deleted on me. If you have 2 games trying to use the same video from the import process, and go to edit one of them, that is the one it gets attached to. If you click the Remove, poof it is gone from both games when it is deleted

It would be so much better if when you click the remove button, you were given an option to either permanently remove it or just remove it from the game you are editing. Or just add another button on the dialog to "Not Use" or something

Shortly after the previous post I found out also if you rename a game and a video is attached to it, it deletes itself too. You can't even find it in the Recycle Bin either. What happened was I realized P.O.W.: Prisoners of War's Japanese name is Datsugoku: Prisoners of War. so I renamed it and once I was done, I found out that the P.O.W._ Prisoners of War-01.mp4 couldn't be found, and it didn't even get renamed to Datsugoku_ Prisoners of War-01.mp4 either, it was just gone away all together. I had to go get another copy of the clips made. So yet another problem with the way videos are has been found. I just hope it gets fixed soon, and good to see I'm not alone in all this either

13 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Shortly after the previous post I found out also if you rename a game and a video is attached to it, it deletes itself too. You can't even find it in the Recycle Bin either. What happened was I realized P.O.W.: Prisoners of War's Japanese name is Datsugoku: Prisoners of War. so I renamed it and once I was done, I found out that the P.O.W._ Prisoners of War-01.mp4 couldn't be found, and it didn't even get renamed to Datsugoku_ Prisoners of War-01.mp4 either, it was just gone away all together. I had to go get another copy of the clips made. So yet another problem with the way videos are has been found. I just hope it gets fixed soon, and good to see I'm not alone in all this either

This post should be moved to the 11.3-beta-1 thread, I mean the entire issue, not just this single post

Edited by Wanderer189