LaunchBox Community Forums

11.0-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

14 minutes ago, sundogak said:

Interestingly, I tried a completely vanilla install of LB 11 Release using all LB defaults to my ? Drive SSD (User directory), no media, or platforms installed. It is throwing similar errors about paths that were on my G Drive.  I am on Windows 10 Pro 2004 edition (which has been a headache for other things). This debug log is from simple open, and then close of LB (no edits, actions, etc)  Debug 2020-07-06 12-22-56 PM.log

Hmm, hard to know exactly what's going on. I don't see any of those errors in my debug logs in my testing, but those errors don't necessarily indicate an issue (or THE issue). It could be there's an issue with the 2004 version of Windows though, not sure. I checked and it looks like I'm still on 1903 on my systems. Supposedly it's not pre-release anymore though.

Has anyone else seen any stability issues pressing OK on the add/edit dialog?

7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

It could be there's an issue with the 2004 version of Windows though, not sure. I checked and it looks like I'm still on 1903 on my systems. Supposedly it's not pre-release anymore though.

People who rushed to update may be having issues, there are known issues with 2004, so much so that im still not allowed to update despite me having a decent and modern system.

image.thumb.png.537efc9118a299879748ce80336e040b.png

1 hour ago, CriticalCid said:

I just tried again to import my Epic launcher games and the missing games that I’ve had reported a while ago are still missing. It’s most likely a bigger issue than just a temporal hiccup.

10 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

@CriticalCid: Not sure if is of any help Cid, but I was successful with it yesterday with the one of the free games from Epic. Is it possible game related in any way? BTW, still on Windows 1909. Just some feedback

Just tried here again, as i run it most weeks, it see's my new adds, but still skips some that i have had for months, like World War Z.

image.thumb.png.b409da856970043ca0c67fa5503444d4.png

The first 11.1 beta is out with the following:

• Improvement: Auto-complete is now available in the multi-select drop downs of the new Add/Edit screen by pressing the up or down arrow keys

• Fixed: Addressed several issues with the Audit form introduced in version 11.0

• Fixed: Multiple custom fields with the same name were not saving properly in the new add/edit screen

• Fixed: Media file parsing issues for game titles ending with a dash and a number

• Fixed: Incorrectly finding Retroarch screenshots that weren't taken while the last game was being played

• Fixed: Errors on the Image and Video Priority options pages when moving priorities up and down

The plan is to put out a bugfix release in a couple days.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pixel said:

I think Uplay is also problematic. Generally, switiching between platforms (those launchers) breaks the cycle so that it won't capture images untill you restart LB.  Can we somehow configure this Windows Built-In solution? When I use one launcher it is ok (except Rockstar) but when I switch, it stops capturing the next games that I launch from any platform (also emulatros that worked before) etc.

We're hoping this is all fixed with the beta release.

1 hour ago, CriticalCid said:

I just tried again to import my Epic launcher games and the missing games that I’ve had reported a while ago are still missing. It’s most likely a bigger issue than just a temporal hiccup.

I'll have @C-Beats review it. Unfortunately, though, it may just be an issue with Epic's API.

7 minutes ago, klepp0906 said:

hmmm.  new beta wont launch retroarch/games.  tried 2 different platforms same result.  roll back to 11.0 and all is fine.

Not seeing any issues that I can replicate. Launched NES, SNES, Genesis, and N64 all without issues. What exactly is happening for you?

weird.  absolutely nothing.  just re-rolled forward and did it again. wont launch a game.  it just goes to the startup screen and POOF, goes back to bigbox.

Thought it was a streaming thing, so immediately hopped back over to my pc and launched outside of steam.   Same result.

Then i thought it was a bigbox thing, so tried with just launchbox.   Same result.

rolled back, works.  rolled forward again, no works.   #boggle

Nice one adding trailers! I've noticed that most trailers show nothing about the game in the first 5 to 10 seconds. Is it possible to make them start at a later time instead of at the beginning? That would be cool. Maybe add a slider so the user can adjust the start time.

1 minute ago, wallmachine said:

Going to Tools -> Options ->OK the current Platform goes greyed out like its thinking and I have to click on another Platform

Im not seeing that here on beta 1, same steps. The edit window hangs for a second or two while it saves, but i have full control to click on games in the current platform when it closes.

got it now.  3rd times the charm apparently.   

re-updated again.   this time i attempted to launch a non RA platform first that worked.   Then moved to an RA platform and it worked this time.

Unsure if the non RA platform had something to do with it, or it was some other wonky business resolved overall with the rolling back/forth but all is right in the world again it seems.

Apologies for the false alarm!

7 hours ago, Suhrvivor said:

Nice one adding trailers! I've noticed that most trailers show nothing about the game in the first 5 to 10 seconds. Is it possible to make them start at a later time instead of at the beginning? That would be cool. Maybe add a slider so the user can adjust the start time.

This might be helpful for you

• Like 2

I don't know if this was possible before 11.0 but I managed to import a crap ton of games and some of the titles have a space at the end which appears to mess with finding associated assets. I'm using the media manager plugin to find those titles with the space at the end and there are quiet a few... (Acorn Electron) Is this normal behavior? I would expect launchbox to remove spaces at the ends of all fields including title, platform, developper, etc. and I'm fairly certain this used to be the case.

Edited by mcfilmmakers

Video clips are still playing Tug of War with each other by forcing a rename each time you Add Video, but still can't be used to more than one game title. Like if I have "The Speed Rumbler - Arcade.mp4" and then Add it to the game through Edit it then becomes something like "The Speed Rumbler-01.mp4" or "The Speed Rumbler.ac7401a2-5d36-413b-adf3-51751f4562e6-01.mp4", and then if you try and Add it to another game title it then becomes something like "The Speed Rumbler.c7465dc2-840d-49ef-8905-fd3944f7e02f-01.mp4" and the previous game you Edited before with it can no longer be used since the file directory changed

20 hours ago, wallmachine said:

Going to Tools -> Options ->OK the current Platform goes greyed out like its thinking and I have to click on another Platform

The games view will repopulate after closing the Options screen. I'm guessing it just was going to take a bit longer to populate.

20 hours ago, Suhrvivor said:

That's an interesting idea, but honestly I don't think it would have mass appeal.

7 hours ago, mcfilmmakers said:

I don't know if this was possible before 11.0 but I managed to import a crap ton of games and some of the titles have a space at the end which appears to mess with finding associated assets. I'm using the media manager plugin to find those titles with the space at the end and there are quiet a few... (Acorn Electron) Is this normal behavior? I would expect launchbox to remove spaces at the ends of all fields including title, platform, developper, etc. and I'm fairly certain this used to be the case.

Thanks, we've fixed this for beta 2.

5 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Video clips are still playing Tug of War with each other by forcing a rename each time you Add Video, but still can't be used to more than one game title. Like if I have "The Speed Rumbler - Arcade.mp4" and then Add it to the game through Edit it then becomes something like "The Speed Rumbler-01.mp4" or "The Speed Rumbler.ac7401a2-5d36-413b-adf3-51751f4562e6-01.mp4", and then if you try and Add it to another game title it then becomes something like "The Speed Rumbler.c7465dc2-840d-49ef-8905-fd3944f7e02f-01.mp4" and the previous game you Edited before with it can no longer be used since the file directory changed

So the previous functionality here was more of a by accident thing than a by design one. We've changed videos to behave exactly like images do now. We need the ability to use different videos for games with the same titles, so that is the reason for the GUID text being appended to the end. Still, if you want to force LaunchBox to use the same video for multiple games, you should be able to just manually rename the file to the game's title, and I think both games should pick it up.