Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

11.0-beta-1 Released

Recommended Posts

Hey all, the first 11.0 beta is out now with the following:

  • New Feature: The Clean Up Media process has a new option to scan images for rough matches. This new option can make the clean up media process take an extremely long time, but will save you loads of disk space in your collection, especially if you download media both from the LaunchBox Games Database and from EmuMovies. The process identifies duplicate images in your collection even if they are different sizes, faded, etc. The largest duplicate image is kept, and the rest are listed for deletion.

  • Improvement: GOG game install state changes will now auto-update for games installed via the GOG Galaxy client

  • Fixed: When using All Games as your startup view in Big Box, sometimes the alphanumeric index was not populating correctly

  • Fixed: Corrected an issue with the pause key bindings that may be causing them to fail

  • Fixed: The Play Mode filter in LaunchBox was not working properly when multiple play modes were selected

In addition to the above, we have the following in the works for the 11.0 release:

  • Automatic recording of video snaps via hotkeys
  • Automatic screenshot capturing
  • Multiple video support
  • Overhaul of the Add/Edit interface

Much of the above is already finished or nearly finished, but as they're all tied together, it will be a bit before a beta comes out with the bottom four. The Add/Edit overhaul is taking a bit more time than we expected.

  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Game On 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:
  • Automatic recording of video snaps via hotkeys
  • Automatic screenshot capturing
  • Multiple video support

While none of these are of any real interest to me personally they are huge additions and just another reason why Launchbox stands out in the front end market / scene. As far I am aware no other front end offers this stuff.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

While none of these are of any real interest to me personally they are huge additions and just another reason why Launchbox stands out in the front end market / scene. As far I am aware no other front end offers this stuff.

I believe GameEx does vid and screenshot capturing, but I'm not positive. It's one of the few frontends I've never had any desire to try.

I do know many emulators offer that functionality but having it in the frontend would save the steps of renaming and/or moving the captures. So that's a plus for people interested in the feature.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit! I thought you were taking a little summer break or something (dude, you really really should... please don't burn out on us!).

And then it looks like 11.0 will have two of my biggest feature wishes for LB: rough image search for media cleanup (I know I once suggested it on the discord server; don't remember it being one of the poll results, but great to see it coming!) and video snap something... I thought it this would be something like a youtube video scraper, but most videos online are not good as snaps. Recording snaps yourself is suuuch a great idea!

Best piece of software ever :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like that Media Management and Edit Interface / Masterdata will be the main focus on this update and I am happy to see that welcomed additions.. maybe later a better way how to choose different versions of the same game in the detail screen with an intime chance of the artwork related to the region of the game :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Agent47 said:

I believe GameEx does vid and screenshot capturing, but I'm not positive. It's one of the few frontends I've never had any desire to try.

That could be, of course I haven't tried them all and I certainly haven't tried any others in several years so maybe there is one or 2 that does have this feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if an Xbox Game Pass importer will be added by the time this update is out of beta .-. (I imagine there's a small chance, but a person can hope)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All sounds great.

But curious Multiple video support.

just too give an idea in practice what does mean. like where does it come up ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ALIE said:

All sounds great.

But curious Multiple video support.

just too give an idea in practice what does mean. like where does it come up ?

Just spitballing here as i dont really know, but maybe videos will have a -1, -2 etc like images, and youll get a random one played?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Agent47 said:

I believe GameEx does vid and screenshot capturing, but I'm not positive. It's one of the few frontends I've never had any desire to try.

I do know many emulators offer that functionality but having it in the frontend would save the steps of renaming and/or moving the captures. So that's a plus for people interested in the feature.

Yeah GameEx has been able to create video snaps for many years. This is a great addition to LB, Thanks Jason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will we be seeing Battle.net and Twitch Launcher integration any time soon? Playnite already supports both these launchers. Since Playnite is open-source, maybe you could look at their code for how they did it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SonicFan53 said:

I wonder if an Xbox Game Pass importer will be added by the time this update is out of beta .-. (I imagine there's a small chance, but a person can hope)

 

3 hours ago, Codeman said:

Will we be seeing Battle.net and Twitch Launcher integration any time soon? Playnite already supports both these launchers. Since Playnite is open-source, maybe you could look at their code for how they did it?

There are way more storefronts out there than most of us realize. We've done the big ones recently, and we'll get to the smaller ones, but as for right now, it's not exactly a priority.

5 hours ago, ALIE said:

All sounds great.

But curious Multiple video support.

just too give an idea in practice what does mean. like where does it come up ?

Videos will work pretty much exactly like images with priorities and categories.

5 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Just spitballing here as i dont really know, but maybe videos will have a -1, -2 etc like images, and youll get a random one played?

Yes, this too.

1 hour ago, Android16 said:

This is for any version of bigbox. When playing certain pc games, sometimes the game will have a process but the window will come later. So when you start a game, it will be loading, but you will be looking at the bigbox game selection screen and can still be able to move and launch more games. In order to fix this, you should tell bigbox to make sure it sees the process AND the process's window before telling the loading screen to go away. OR you can have the loading screen always there until the launched game's process is gone. Trials of Mana is an example of a game that launches this way.

This is a known issue, and has never really been solved by any frontend, ever (not even Rocket Launcher). Unfortunately it's not possible to magically just make it work for all Windows games, because every Windows game is so different from every other Windows game. What we have currently is pretty much the best you can do without custom programming for each and every Windows game ever made.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Holy cow, video snaps on the fly? God knows how much time I wasted finding and then downloading suitable Youtube clips, some of which would need to be further tweaked before I could use them in LB/BB (i.e. cutting out the damn age rating at the start).

This is such a great update, absolutely cannot wait. Thank you!

this-is-yuge.thumb.jpg.409b4cfab316de41c18dad92666ea60d.jpg

Edited by Thornback
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, just bought a 1 year launchbox license, and in the next update, my #2 biggest gripe is adressed (the duplicate images) :D

Still hoping for a solution #1 gripe: setting another retroarch core for specific games without having to make multiple instances of the retroarch emulator :)

 

Loving every moment with launchbox: playing games through bigbox and the time spend finetuning my game collection :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Brainfrz said:

Still hoping for a solution #1 gripe: setting another retroarch core for specific games without having to make multiple instances of the retroarch emulator

You can already do this, just edit the game and set a custom command line for that game:

-L "cores\name_of_core.dll"

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

You can already do this, just edit the game and set a custom command line for that game:


-L "cores\name_of_core.dll"

 

Oh, wow, it's not like selecting it from a dropdown, but still way better than my solution. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want it from the right click menu you can edit the associated platforms list for RA and add a new platform entry for the same platform you want another core and select the core you want. Then when you right click a game in LB you can choose which core to load it with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

If you want it from the right click menu you can edit the associated platforms list for RA and add a new platform entry for the same platform you want another core and select the core you want. Then when you right click a game in LB you can choose which core to load it with.

I... did not know this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...