LaunchBox Community Forums

New poll for 2020/2021?

Klopjero

13 minutes ago, Klopjero said:

Well there be a new feature poll ? 

and if so when can we say goodbye to Rocklauncher for drawing our Bezels ? it's realy the only reason why I still keep Rlauncher around.

There will be a new poll once implementation of results from the older poll are completed. As for bezels that likely will never happen.

5 hours ago, neil9000 said:

There will be a new poll once implementation of results from the older poll are completed. As for bezels that likely will never happen.

really? why not ? over at hyperspin a user called @knewlife made a small program that would draw a bezel around hyperspin. 
IS there nothing in that program or it's assets that could help ?

https://hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/7425-hs-bezel/ 

There is some information in this thread. Jason did mention down the line he might come back and look at bezels but he did not want to add just for the sake of adding it if it requires lots of tricks and hacks like RL did to get them to work and cause any performance issues. He wants something that will just work and as emulators update will not break the feature and require new fixes in LB.

1 minute ago, Klopjero said:

When the AHK runs, it looks for a specific title name. I always thought it was weird that they couldn't use a like function for finding the right window.

And that name often changes, just look at Dolphin. So Jason would have to keep up with emulator development and to change his code every time a emulator window changed name, thats not a good use of his time and not gonna happen any time soon.

why does Jason have to do that ? 

why ? does Jason update my emulators ? no,

if a Bezel drawing feature is in place that is is based on AHK's and it is looking for the title of a drawn window but the bezel is not drawn why not add a trouble shooting feature which launches the emulator and allows me to click on the emulator window and the process captures Title element? 

Kind of like how you setup your fade for windows programs in rocketlauncher.

That an answer is best left to Jason. Maybe Jason does not want to over-complicate things by adding layers upon more layers. Honestly I don't blame him for not wanting to do it that way. Looking back at all the AHK modules RL had to create and maintain. That is one thing Jason mentioned he wanted to avoid.

There are many, many more issues involved in using bezels than just "finding the right window". That's about 2% of the work. There have been a million discussions on this, so I don't really want to get into the details, again. But one of the biggest issues is that bezels are impossible to do without disabling fullscreen exclusive mode in all the emulators (which is what Rocket Launcher does and it hurts emulator performance). Rocket Launcher has full control over all of your emulator settings and everything. It's a nightmare, and could eat up all of our time if we let it. On top of that, Rocket Launcher has proven that its approach is not a stable solution.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

You could also look at using Reshade to add bezels.

Looks like that could potentially solve one of the many issues, so good to know. It'd still be a nightmare in many aspects though, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, ALIE said:

Multiple Save stats/slots in pause with screenshots then LB pretty much has everything as far as I'm concerned.. 

I realize this isn't an official poll yet.. 

We'll consider putting this on the next poll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1