LaunchBox Community Forums

Vita3K usage...

NagakiriHidechi

Thank you all for the guidance, I successfully setup the Vita3k emulation to run in Launchbox with the provided info. The only thing not working is the exit of the game. Hitting ESC button does nothing, I've tried adding:

$Esc:
{
WinClose, ahk_exe Vita3K.exe
}

and also:

$Esc:
{
WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

and neither worked.

3 hours ago, silverchair said:

Thank you all for the guidance, I successfully setup the Vita3k emulation to run in Launchbox with the provided info. The only thing not working is the exit of the game. Hitting ESC button does nothing, I've tried adding:

$Esc:
{
}

and also:

$Esc:
{
WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

and neither worked.

Put two colons after "$Esc".

$Esc::
{
}

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 12:48 AM, teamgt19 said:

I made a batch file that should do everything for you it will create all the files in the your vita3k\roms folder you will have to edit the batch file to tell it the drive and path for vita3k and it should leave you with a files that you can import into launchbox. using the command line.  

before you run the batch file make sure you change the 2 variables in the bat file to point to the correct drive and folder to scrape.

the defaults are below

set vita3k_drive=D:
set vita3k_path=LaunchBox\Emulators\Vita3K

Add Vita3K as an emulator to LaunchBox

MAKE SURE YOU USE: --fullscreen -r as command-line parameters and tick "Don't use quotes" and "Use file name only without file extension or folder path"

In the "Associated Platform" tab enter the name of your platform name. (ex.  Sony Playstation Vita.)

Under the Running script tab put the following

$Esc:
{
}

Open the import roms and navigate to your vita3k\roms folder and import the files, let it do its thing and you should be set.

Vita3K 2 Launchbox.bat 783 B · 17 downloads

this also might help

https://archive.org/details/sony-playstation-vita-usa-full-set-nonpdrm-format

the batch file you made doesn't seem to work when trying to use it from a NAS Drive (Unless you know how). if possible and if you still have them could you zip all the txt files you made from the "archive" link you posted and post them in the chat? thanks!

15 hours ago, darreldearth said:

the batch file you made doesn't seem to work when trying to use it from a NAS Drive (Unless you know how). if possible and if you still have them could you zip all the txt files you made from the "archive" link you posted and post them in the chat? thanks!

thats not how vita3k launches from command line. you have to use title id.

ex.  <ApplicationPath>PCSA00106</ApplicationPath>

i had to use notepad++ and a replace command to remove all the other stuff after it had been scraped so it would launch.

here is my complete xml. unfortunately because it has to install you dont point to a zip or a txt. and if you give launchbox ex. PCSA00106 it wont scrape so scraped the zips then edited the romname in the xml to point to the installed game.  

the xml should work for the games you have installed, you can just delete the ones you didnt install. the paths shouldnt matter as long as you setup the emulator with the right boxes ticked.

696767647_SonyPlaystationVita.xml

Edited by teamgt19
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, teamgt19 said:

thats not how vita3k launches from command line. you have to use title id.

ex.  <ApplicationPath>PCSA00106</ApplicationPath>

i had to use notepad++ and a replace command to remove all the other stuff after it had been scraped so it would launch.

here is my complete xml. unfortunately because it has to install you dont point to a zip or a txt. and if you give launchbox ex. PCSA00106 it wont scrape so scraped the zips then edited the romname in the xml to point to the installed game.  

the xml should work for the games you have installed, you can just delete the ones you didnt install. the paths shouldnt matter as long as you setup the emulator with the right boxes ticked.

696767647_SonyPlaystationVita.xml 4.09 MB · 0 downloads

How have you setup Vita3K to use this xml ?

Is there anything specific that is a must to get this to work as it won't detect folders for me.

Thanks

On 12/13/2022 at 1:32 AM, zugswang said:

Is there anything specific that is a must to get this to work as it won't detect folders for me.

Thanks

Make sure the game is installed into vita3k you cannot run them from zip files. 

Vita3K is more like RPCS3 you need to install each game to a system folder.

When installing Vita3K will decrypt the game with the included work.bin keys. 

it will install into the  Vita3k\ux0\app\ dir and dlc and the license files will install in the other system dirs.

confirm install by checking the main menu for the title

add the sony playstation vita.xml to launchbox. it will have most USA games prescraped. If you are only installing a few games you can batch hide the whole list just uncheck the games you install. there is a checkbox in the view tab of LaunchBox to show hidden games should you want to unhide a new install.

With this xml launchbox will pass vita3k the right command to launch that installed game.  It's not actually looking  a ROM or zip all you need is the install part inside of vita3k you can delete or archive the zips.

When you add the vita3k emulator it will create a uniqe id in the emulators.xml find the entry it looks like this

<Emulator>
    <ApplicationPath>Emulators\Vita3K\Vita3K.exe</ApplicationPath>
    <CommandLine>--fullscreen -r</CommandLine>
    <DefaultPlatform />
    <ID>3e5d187b-fc20-4067-92c7-4541fb3cff22</ID>         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<This is the emulator id copy this number
    <Title>Vita3K</Title>
    <NoQuotes>true</NoQuotes>
    <NoSpace>false</NoSpace>
    <HideConsole>true</HideConsole>
    <FileNameWithoutExtensionAndPath>true</FileNameWithoutExtensionAndPath>
    <AutoHotkeyScript>; This section closes App when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}</AutoHotkeyScript>
    <AutoExtract>false</AutoExtract>
    <UseStartupScreen>true</UseStartupScreen>
    <HideAllNonExclusiveFullscreenWindows>true</HideAllNonExclusiveFullscreenWindows>
    <StartupLoadDelay>5000</StartupLoadDelay>
    <HideMouseCursorInGame>false</HideMouseCursorInGame>
    <DisableShutdownScreen>false</DisableShutdownScreen>
    <AggressiveWindowHiding>false</AggressiveWindowHiding>
    <UsePauseScreen>true</UsePauseScreen>
    <PauseAutoHotkeyScript />
    <ResumeAutoHotkeyScript />
    <DefaultPauseSettingsPushed>true</DefaultPauseSettingsPushed>
    <SuspendProcessOnPause>true</SuspendProcessOnPause>
    <ForcefulPauseScreenActivation>true</ForcefulPauseScreenActivation>
    <LoadStateAutoHotkeyScript />
    <SaveStateAutoHotkeyScript />
    <ResetAutoHotkeyScript />
    <SwapDiscsAutoHotkeyScript />
    <ExitAutoHotkeyScript />
  </Emulator>

copy that emulator id and replace the lines with the correct id in the sony playstation vita.xml 

<Emulator>3e5d187b-fc20-4067-92c7-4541fb3cff22</Emulator>    <<<<< Replace this number with your unique id.

If the game is properly installed  into Vita 3K it should launch using the XML, just drop it into your Launchbox\Data\Platforms directory. (Back up your old sony playstation vita.xml if it already exists) and set up the emulator to launch correctly like the pics below describe. 

Once installed the game should show up in the Vita 3K menu when you open it.  If the game isn't showing up in the main list for Vita3k it's not installed correctly.  Also you need to install the zip files not extract them. Vita 3K has a batch installer for the zip files in NoNpDRM format.  Installed correctly they should launch using the XML and a properly configured emulator page (pics included).

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

132223486_SonyPlaystationVita.xml

Edited by teamgt19
Please no direct links to ROMs
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, zugswang said:

Thanks

You might already know but just in case after you setup your emulator correctly the way he stated the XML he posted needs to be changed slightly to work. You'll need to use notepad to replace this line to match the number that launchbox created for your vita3k emulator.... (you can find your emulators number in your own xml that launchbox created)

<Emulator>3e5d187b-fc20-4067-92c7-4541fb3cff22</Emulator>

also, if you want all the games to scrape then also replace all the ®️ and ™️symbols with spaces because launchbox wont scrape them with those symbols.

Lastly... here's my xml. I used teamgt19's and cleaned it up and matched the majority of the games to the launchbox database which took a little while if you wanna skip the hassle. 

1583151279_SonyPlaystationVita.xml

Edited by darreldearth
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, darreldearth said:

You might already know but just in case after you setup your emulator correctly the way he stated the XML he posted needs to be changed slightly to work. You'll need to use notepad to replace this line to match the number that launchbox created for your vita3k emulator.... (you can find your emulators number in your own xml that launchbox created)

<Emulator>3e5d187b-fc20-4067-92c7-4541fb3cff22</Emulator>

also, if you want all the games to scrape then also replace all the ®️ and ™️symbols with spaces because launchbox wont scrape them with those symbols.

Lastly... here's my xml. I used teamgt19's and cleaned it up and matched the majority of the games to the launchbox database which took a little while if you wanna skip the hassle. 

1583151279_SonyPlaystationVita.xml 4.34 MB · 0 downloads

Works perfectly, thanks 👍

The loading process is also a smooth as any on my setup as well.

ps, The issue was the emulator number you mentioned

• Like 1

15 hours ago, teamgt19 said:

Make sure the game is installed into vita3k you cannot run them from zip files. 

Vita3K is more like RPCS3 you need to install each game to a system folder.

When installing Vita3K will decrypt the game with the included work.bin keys. 

it will install into the  Vita3k\ux0\app\ dir and dlc and the license files will install in the other system dirs.

confirm install by checking the main menu for the title

add the sony playstation vita.xml to launchbox. it will have most USA games prescraped. If you are only installing a few games you can batch hide the whole list just uncheck the games you install. there is a checkbox in the view tab of LaunchBox to show hidden games should you want to unhide a new install.

With this xml launchbox will pass vita3k the right command to launch that installed game.  It's not actually looking  a ROM or zip all you need is the install part inside of vita3k you can delete or archive the zips.

If the game is properly installed  into Vita 3K it should launch using the XML, just drop it into your Launchbox\Data\Platforms directory. (Back up your old sony playstation vita.xml if it already exists) and set up the emulator to launch correctly like the pics below describe. 

Once installed the game should show up in the Vita 3K menu when you open it.  If the game isn't showing up in the main list for Vita3k it's not installed correctly.  Also you need to install the zip files not extract them. Vita 3K has a batch installer for the zip files in NoNpDRM format.  Installed correctly they should launch using the XML and a properly configured emulator page (pics included).

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

All working now, thanks for info 👍

• 1 year later...

I’ve tried this method with replacing the xml but I still can’t get the games to launch. I can launch the emulator through Launchbox but not the games? I have the same settings and changed the emulator ID in the xml to Marc mine. Where do you point the rom files? To the Vita3k folder where the games are installed?

• 3 months later...