LaunchBox Community Forums

Can you view video previews in launchbox?

bill

23 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

Under the View menu in Launchbox is the auto play videos option enabled?

It wasnt enabled, i just enabled it but still cant view video previews in launchbox, is there something else i need to do also?
Thanks for the help!

3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Are they just not playing or do you not see them at all in the game details panel?

If you cannot see them at all you need to go into LB >Tools>Options and in the Visual section look for Game Details section. Check the box for “videos”. 

Thank you! That's what i needed to do, check the box for videos. Now when i click on the thumbnail a video plays on the right side but it's in a very small window. Is it possible to have the video play where the thumbnails are as you can change the size and that would make the video much better viewable.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TimMcLaughlin said:

Retro808 - Thanks !!!

I had the same question (I'm new to LaunchBox/BigBox too) - and your last solution fixed my/the issue

Can you make the window of the video bigger or to play in place of the thumbnail?

10 hours ago, bill said:

Thank you for the info, maybe in a future update we might get it.

Well as pointed out, you can edit that code. You dont have to wait for the dev to do so, as i suspect he has no interest in doing so, otherwise he would of designed it that way already. Thats not stopping anyone else from editing or creating a new theme with that look though.

• 1 year later...
23 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

i have the same issue, exept for me i have the videos checkbox checked.  i think maybe i never downloaded the vidoes for each game>? how can i check that?

In the left panel in LaunchBox, select from the dropdown, Games Missing Media.  Then click on Games Missing Videos.  

image.thumb.png.0b74c9f8e5aa4e0bf89d1ee231d997eb.png

If the 2 #'s at the bottom are the same, you have no videos.  ;)  

image.png.55546605b9fe1a4543609702dff4bfa0.png

32 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

I don’t have that option.

It should be there.  When you click the little upside-down triangle, you'll need to scroll up the list of options to see it.

Then for EmuMovies, once you've confirmed you subscription is active, in LB, go to Tools - Options - Integrations - EmuMovies and enter you credentials there.  Then click test to make sure it works.

A lot of the newer systems don't have snaps because you can't emulate them or they are newer emulators that are still WIP and don't have a large number of games in a solid state yet. EmuMovies has it's own Discord/Forums though that you could ask around in to see if anyone is working on a set of snaps for that console. Could potentially offer to help them make some as well.