LaunchBox Community Forums

chd compression support PCSX2 (PlayStation 2)

Your Friendly A.I Overlord

• 2 years later...
15 hours ago, xX-Delirium-Xx said:

i strongly recommend using iso over chd for ps2 games. I had to completely replace all my ps2 chd files with iso cause chd was causing games to temporarily freeze up and had very long load times with black screens.

What games for instance ?

I have never experienced this on my chd set ... and I literally have every game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, xX-Delirium-Xx said:

i strongly recommend using iso over chd for ps2 games. I had to completely replace all my ps2 chd files with iso cause chd was causing games to temporarily freeze up and had very long load times with black screens.

Strange, I have a collection of more than 200 PS2 games in chd and played at least 60 or 70 but yet to encounter 1 that doesn't work. Can you name a few games that were giving you issues, I'd like to test them as well.

On 6/8/2024 at 2:51 AM, zugswang said:

What games for instance ?

I have never experienced this on my chd set ... and I literally have every game.

my bad comes out it was not chd it was my hdd it kept getting turned off due to power settings. i disable the power save mod for hdd and now every thing is fine

On 6/8/2024 at 2:51 AM, Kefka2b said:

Strange, I have a collection of more than 200 PS2 games in chd and played at least 60 or 70 but yet to encounter 1 that doesn't work. Can you name a few games that were giving you issues, I'd like to test them as well.

yeah chd is fine i discovered it was my power save options that was the culprit it was shutting off my external hdd

• Game On 1