LaunchBox Community Forums

Huge Mame Marquee Collection including many in 4K resolution

Mr. RetroLust

Well, it worked now. I had to import the MAME merged romset in Launchbox with "World" region priority. If I use "North America" Big Box does not use the marquees with the generic rom name (probably sees "finalfightu" even when I have that folder inside the main "ffight.zip" file).

Finally! Thank you so much for your help and time.

Edit: Even when importing the romset with "World" priority, I see some games for which Big Box does not show the marquee. For instance, tmnt2. I will have to figure out why. 

Edited by Telmo

3 hours ago, Telmo said:

Well, it worked now. I had to import the MAME merged romset in Launchbox with "World" region priority. If I use "North America" Big Box does not use the marquees with the generic rom name (probably sees "finalfightu" even when I have that folder inside the main "ffight.zip" file).

Finally! Thank you so much for your help and time.

Edit: Even when importing the romset with "World" priority, I see some games for which Big Box does not show the marquee. For instance, tmnt2. I will have to figure out why. 

Can you right click and edit TMNT2 in LB and share a pic of the Launching tab.

I think it's because Launchbox when scrapping the roms uses "tmht22pe" instead of "tmnt2":

image.thumb.png.40755275c2b6428f74c92c487d10ee4f.png

I changed this to "tmnt2" and now the marquee is shown in Big Box. 

So... I imported the full MAME romset with "World" as a priority and that made most of the marquees match the rom names we have in the jpg files. However, there are a few exceptions like this one. I wonder how should I import the full romset to avoid this.

1 hour ago, Telmo said:

I think it's because Launchbox when scrapping the roms uses "tmht22pe" instead of "tmnt2":

image.thumb.png.40755275c2b6428f74c92c487d10ee4f.png

I changed this to "tmnt2" and now the marquee is shown in Big Box. 

So... I imported the full MAME romset with "World" as a priority and that made most of the marquees match the rom names we have in the jpg files. However, there are a few exceptions like this one. I wonder how should I import the full romset to avoid this.

That is what I have been advising you. See my prior post (my first post even stated the same thing) where I advised LB is matching the actual rom you have in that field to the image file name. 

On 7/6/2023 at 3:19 PM, Retro808 said:

It has nothing to do with your actual mame set. It is related to what you have imported as your primary or rather "default" rom in LB. 

In LB right click and edit your Final Fight game. Go to the launching tab and see what rom name is in the rom file cell. If it is not ffight.zip rename the marquee image whatever the rom name is. LB is matching that name to the image name. LB does not care what the inside of your rom folder or what is in the rom set zips. It cares only about what is showing in your LB game metadata. 

Since it imported tmht22pe that means when you were choosing options in the Mame full set importer when it asked if you prefer "4-player" or "2-player" version you selected "2-player". If you selected "4-player" LB would have imported tmnt2.zip. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...