LaunchBox Community Forums

Huge Mame Marquee Collection including many in 4K resolution

Mr. RetroLust

Huge Mame Marquee Collection including many in 4K resolution

View File

I use the awesome Bigbox function to display marquees on a secondary monitor. For years I've been collecting high res Mame arcade marquees from all over the internet and since the start of this project got huge help from people in the community to expand this collection, please see the credits below. Not all marquees are in 4K but many are, I've down scaled the resolution to max 3840 pixels wide and max 2160 pixels high and saved all in .jpg format for a good size and quality balance. This project includes Naomi and Atomiswave marquees as well as other arcade systems.

These marquees go hand in hand with this bezel project: 

Credits 
I have forgotten where I got all marquees through the years but I know many came from the legendary @Mr. Do collection see: https://mrdo.mameworld.info/index.php and the many members that create artwork at: https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=
@ArsInvictus is certainly one of the providers as well. A huge thank you to @mOa and @JonnyModlin for providing many many marquees to this collection. Many lower resolution marquees came from the legendary team of AntoPisa at https://www.progettosnaps.net/

Also a huge thanks to the following people and sites: @PapaShine, @Dreamstate@flanx, imbord3rlin3, @djweevil666http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/, @THKhttps://flyers.arcade-museum.com/https://www.flyerfever.com/https://www.recreativas.org/, Ken at https://www.flickr.com/photos/10707024@N04/zzzaccaria.com, Hasan Tasdemir from Nationaal Video Game Museum for the opportunity to photograph at your amazing museum. 
https://www.nationaalvideogamemuseum.nlhttps://segaretro.org/@seijurou and all the logo makers and artwork scanners and submitters for the LB database and other databases.

Hope you enjoy this collection.

• Thanks 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 1 year later...

This is absolutely amazing. Is there any easy way to replace all of my MAME marquee files with these, or do I have to go through each and every MAME artwork ZIP, change the name of these files to marquee.png and replace the ones in each ZIP file?

Is there a tool out there that can do this automatically?

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I downloaded this and the quality of the marquees is outstanding. I have an issue, though. When I deleted all my old marquees and copied these, Launchbox seems to recognize just a few games and then defaults to the clear logo picture for most games. I checked for instance "Three Wonders" and the picture that Launchbox creates when scrapping is not named after the rom file name (it's something like "Three Wonders-01.png"), it just doesn't see "3wonders.jpg" as the same game. Any tips on how to solve this or import my roms so these marquees are applied without much hassle? 

29 minutes ago, Telmo said:

I downloaded this and the quality of the marquees is outstanding. I have an issue, though. When I deleted all my old marquees and copied these, Launchbox seems to recognize just a few games and then defaults to the clear logo picture for most games. I checked for instance "Three Wonders" and the picture that Launchbox creates when scrapping is not named after the rom file name (it's something like "Three Wonders-01.png"), it just doesn't see "3wonders.jpg" as the same game. Any tips on how to solve this or import my roms so these marquees are applied without much hassle? 

I'm not entirely sure how the contents of this file are structured to know for sure, but you could try to use the image pack importer on the zip file and see if that helps ya out.

49 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah, meant more about any nested folders. Pack importer can work by game file name just fine.

Ah ok, cant remember if it has nested folders but i'll make sure for future updates they arent nested. Does the pack importer also use the rom names? In anyway I will upload them all to the database in the far future but it'll take some time as theres around 1400 to go lol :) There is also a plugin that came out recently that can rename the image files from rom to database filename and visa versa.

Thank you for replying. Sorry about being a noob, but let me ask you: how should I import an arcade set into Launchbox now, if I want to have only these marquees and none of the scrapped stuff? I just removed my whole collection and imported it a couple of times but had no luck, Big Box still defaults to clear logo pictures for the games it does not recognize, as in my "Three Wonders" example.

4 minutes ago, Telmo said:

Thank you for replying. Sorry about being a noob, but let me ask you: how should I import an arcade set into Launchbox now, if I want to have only these marquees and none of the scrapped stuff? I just removed my whole collection and imported it a couple of times but had no luck, Big Box still defaults to clear logo pictures for the games it does not recognize, as in my "Three Wonders" example.

Take a look at launchbox/settings/image priorities and see what is priorized under marquees, I guess you have clear logo above marquees.

Thank you. For marquee priority I only have "Arcade - Marquee", nothing else is selected.

If I delete clear logos and the rest of images the app does not even go and look for "3wonders.jpg". I drop your marquee in the "Arcade - Marquees" folder, but I get no picture. "3wonders.jpg" is there but it seems the system does not associate it by the rom name, only something like "Three Wonders-01.png" works.

9 hours ago, Telmo said:

Thank you. For marquee priority I only have "Arcade - Marquee", nothing else is selected.

If I delete clear logos and the rest of images the app does not even go and look for "3wonders.jpg". I drop your marquee in the "Arcade - Marquees" folder, but I get no picture. "3wonders.jpg" is there but it seems the system does not associate it by the rom name, only something like "Three Wonders-01.png" works.

That's strange, it should just work when you put them in that folder.

Thank you for your help, I scrapped a new romset, copied these and they started showing up. Weirdness. Some I had to remove the scrapped version of the marquee since yours has better quality. This is awesome, thanks again!

• Game On 1

17 minutes ago, Telmo said:

Thank you for your help, I scrapped a new romset, copied these and they started showing up. Weirdness. Some I had to remove the scrapped version of the marquee since yours has better quality. This is awesome, thanks again!

I wasnt of much help though lol ;) Glad you got it fixed! 👍

• 2 months later...

Hello, it's me again :S

I did a full install from scratch because I was getting frustrated and I still do not see the marquees in Big Box for some games. For instance, Final Fight. I have the "ffight.jpg" image in the "Arcade - Marquees" folder but Big Box does not show it. It does for other games with your naming convention, so I have no clue what may be going on. Some games show your marquees, others do not. Maybe there's something going on with Launchbox itself?

7 hours ago, Telmo said:

I did a full install from scratch because I was getting frustrated and I still do not see the marquees in Big Box for some games. For instance, Final Fight. I have the "ffight.jpg" image in the "Arcade - Marquees" folder but Big Box does not show it. It does for other games with your naming convention, so I have no clue what may be going on. Some games show your marquees, others do not. Maybe there's something going on with Launchbox itself?

I don't know whats going on, all I can think of is maybe go to Bigbox options/image cache and there choose refresh all images.

On 7/5/2023 at 8:21 PM, Telmo said:

Is ffight.zip the rom you imported and are using? LB will match the image to either the game name as you have it imported in LB or the rom name for the rom you imported. Edit the game in LB and look in the launching tab. If it shows you imported say ffighta.zip LB and the image file name is ffight.png LB is not going to link it. The imported rom name has to match the image. 

4 hours ago, Telmo said:

Thank you. I have refreshed the images but that's not it. My MAME romset is the full romset, with merged files, so inside ffight.zip I also have the other versions, do you import merged sets? 

It has nothing to do with your actual mame set. It is related to what you have imported as your primary or rather "default" rom in LB. 

In LB right click and edit your Final Fight game. Go to the launching tab and see what rom name is in the rom file cell. If it is not ffight.zip rename the marquee image whatever the rom name is. LB is matching that name to the image name. LB does not care what the inside of your rom folder or what is in the rom set zips. It cares only about what is showing in your LB game metadata. 

• Like 1