LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

36 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Is it a premium paid account?

Nope …. 

37 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Is it a premium paid account?

I did not know that it takes premium .... how much does it cost?

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I'll need more details on this in order to help you troubleshoot, including the platforms that you're working with. All of this is known to work correctly, so I'm not sure what you're running into.

Are you referring to the Platform for Imported Games field not being automatically populated in the import process? That field will only automatically populate if the folder you're importing from is named in a way that is recognized as a certain platform. It's guaranteed to populate. If not, you just have to select the correct platform, so it shouldn't be a significant issue.

Yeah, you may have to manually select that platform in that case.

Any ROM naming that has the game titles in the ROM file should work fine, but yes, we do most of our testing with No Intro ROM file names.

No, unfortunately you do need a separate license for LaunchBox for Android.

Dear Jason thank you as always you taking the time to reply. 

Platforms: yes I select a folder called n64 that has roms inside. Then wizard does not recognize platform but I can of course select manually or use name as per LB db. 

If in future plans and if of interest it would be great if wizard would recognize roms folder names based on other main setup such as retropie or batocera or similar mainstream fe. This way ppl like me can do manually less entries. Of course I could take the time and have 2 folder setups. One for LB and one for existing RP. I can do but I sure others would also appreciate the feature (extra platform folder names recognition).

Of course I dont expect any folder name version just the standard used by ES based FEs

Just a kind feature request if time allows.

Thank you about roms naming. I mostly use No Intro too. Ill def recheck 

I'm testing LB Android 1.1 on Pi4  Android 12 by konstakang

Thank you and all involved for the great LaunchBox and continuous improvements

22 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@DragoonDemon4 I just tested the Android Export and confirmed that it is indeed exporting multiple versions of games just fine (additional apps). I know we do have an occasional issue with bin/cue/wav files when the file names are not all the same across the tracks, but that's the only issue that I'm currently aware of. I don't exactly know why you'd be running into any issues there. Have you tested the export recently?

Yes, Tested With the latest stable version and the latest beta, and when for example I want to copy one game that is multidisc (Chrono Cross) that is on CHD format the android exporter only copy the first Disc

• Like 1

LaunchBox for Android 1.2-beta-2 is out now with the following:

• Custom themes are now available in LaunchBox for Android!

• The EmuMovies downloader has been updated to the new version of the API and should be much more stable

The custom theme support is a work in progress, but it is mostly ready to go. @faeran will be releasing around 5 themes with the official release of LaunchBox for Android 1.2. We will be uploading themes here:

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/36-custom-themes/

There are two themes already uploaded there, with more coming before the end of the day. The themes are also a work in progress, and will likely be updated/improved before the official release of LaunchBox for Android 1.2.

We need significant help/testing from both theme developers and users in order to solidify the custom themes experience as much as possible before the official release.

To install custom themes, simply extract the zip file from the theme into the LaunchBox\Themes folder.

Thanks everyone for your patience; we know this update took quite a while. Hopefully this was worth the wait.

• Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

LaunchBox for Android 1.2-beta-2 is out now with the following:

• Custom themes are now available in LaunchBox for Android!

• The EmuMovies downloader has been updated to the new version of the API and should be much more stable

The custom theme support is a work in progress, but it is mostly ready to go. @faeran will be releasing around 5 themes with the official release of LaunchBox for Android 1.2. We will be uploading themes here:

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/36-custom-themes/

There are two themes already uploaded there, with more coming before the end of the day. The themes are also a work in progress, and will likely be updated/improved before the official release of LaunchBox for Android 1.2.

We need significant help/testing from both theme developers and users in order to solidify the custom themes experience as much as possible before the official release.

To install custom themes, simply extract the zip file from the theme into the LaunchBox\Themes folder.

Thanks everyone for your patience; we know this update took quite a while. Hopefully this was worth the wait.

@Jason Carr @faeran

I downloaded and  tested the grid box-box grid theme and it doesn't work. I am unable to bring up the play menu on any games. I have tested using a keyboard connected to my tablet, by touch and if i connect my xbox one controller, I am able to get to the game play menu, but it is coded to the X key instead of the A key.  Only other way to get to the play menu is to long press a game. This also occures on the regular box grid theme as well. No Bueno.

6 minutes ago, Vader said:

@Jason Carr @faeran

I downloaded and  tested the grid box-box grid theme and it doesn't work. I am unable to bring up the play menu on any games. I have tested using a keyboard connected to my tablet, by touch and if i connect my xbox one controller, I am able to get to the game play menu, but it is coded to the X key instead of the A key.  Only other way to get to the play menu is to long press a game. This also occures on the regular box grid theme as well. No Bueno.

Thanks for the report. It's a beta.

@Jason Carr @faeran here is a screenshot of what the unfied lite theme looks like on my tablet. I have a galaxy tab s7 plus. I have included some notes of what I think would make the theme look better. I have not tested this theme on any other devices, so I don't know what it would like like, say on a phone.  Just some ideas I had. Keep up the good work

Screenshot_20220527-064721.jpg

Edited by Vader

2 minutes ago, Vader said:

@Jason Carr @faeran here is a screenshot of what the unfied lite theme looks like on my tablet. I have a galaxy tab s7 plus. I have include some notes of what I think would make the theme look better. I have not tested this theme on any other devices, so I don't know what it would like like, say on a phone.  Keep up the good work

Screenshot_20220527-064721.jpg

Thanks Vader. However, just remember that when building LaunchBox for Android themes you have to take into account all different screen sizes and resolutions. As an example, here's what it looks like on the Odin Pro:

image.thumb.png.2307abd769eb506aa8b708f3ed55f164.png

You can always jump in and make a galaxy tab s7 plus specific version of the theme with those changes for your needs.

Using a Yoga tab 13, I extracted the folders on a Windows PC using extract here so they are not folders with subfolders. (I followed ETA Prime's video) I transferred to tablet into the Launchbox/Themes folder. When I go to the tablet and select Change View, only Alisia shows up. I'm not sure what the issue is. The other 3 themes are  set up exactly how Alisia is. 

2 minutes ago, HamFang said:

Using a Yoga tab 13, I extracted the folders on a Windows PC using extract here so they are not folders with subfolders. (I followed ETA Prime's video) I transferred to tablet into the Launchbox/Themes folder. When I go to the tablet and select Change View, only Alisia shows up. I'm not sure what the issue is. The other 3 themes are  set up exactly how Alisia is. 

Themes may only contain game or filter views. Enter into a games view and you'll probably see the other views to choose from.

3 minutes ago, ALIE said:

That is awesome huge update... Of course I can't help but wonder @faeran if Dave will be able to bring the community creator to the Android themes?.. If you have any inside knowledge 😉

While probably not out of the realm of possibility, I wouldn't hold your breath for a long while.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, faeran said:

Thanks Vader. However, just remember that when building LaunchBox for Android themes you have to take into account all different screen sizes and resolutions. As an example, here's what it looks like on the Odin Pro:

image.thumb.png.2307abd769eb506aa8b708f3ed55f164.png

You can always jump in and make a galaxy tab s7 plus specific version of the theme with those changes for your needs.

@faeran That's what I thought you were going for with this theme. . I would make the changes, but I don't know the programming language used.