LaunchBox Community Forums

EmuMovies Sync Speed Improvements

circo

3 minutes ago, Daliant said:

The truth is that the latter would not surprise me seeing other decisions that have been made during these years with the development of Launchbox. Of course it would be appreciated if someone told us how all this is going to end to give us an idea.

Not a question we can specifically answer, we do not run emumovies, and are not affiliated with them, we just use their service, a service that is now broken for programs that use their API. Until we have details about there new API settings, which even after that message was added to the emumovies website on Sunday, we had not heard anything at all about changes, or this so called collaboration with them (though this may of changed since Sunday, i don't know), so its a waiting game at the moment. Maybe @C-Beats has more specifics since the last i heard?

37 minutes ago, Daliant said:

The Emumovies server overload problem was caused by changes in the API implementation, but I daresay this is no longer happening right now.

If so, the FTP and Emumovies Sync services would continue to have problems today and yet they work perfectly.Allhe best.

The API used by LB to scrape media is not exactly the same as what is done with the FTP and EmuSync. So those 2 can continue to work properly and the API not. We have seen this issue before over the years where the API is on the fritz but users can still use EmuSync or the FTP.

37 minutes ago, Daliant said:

What I really would like is for someone responsible for Launchbox to say how the situation is at the moment, if they think they are going to be able to solve the problem in the short term or if they are finally going to leave us without the Emumovies service within Launchbox.

The truth is that the latter would not surprise me seeing other decisions that have been made during these years with the development of Launchbox. Of course it would be appreciated if someone told us how all this is going to end to give us an idea.

All the best.

See @C-Beats information from another post only 18 hours ago.

18 hours ago, C-Beats said:

This is a known issue with EmuMovies servers at the moment. We are hoping to be able to get it resolved when EmMovies updates their API and provides us with the updated documents to move to the new endpoints. According to their staff should be very soon. I have no exact ETA for you at this time though unfortunately.

This response got lost in the mix as users experiencing the issue are constantly opening new threads instead of searching and posting in the related thread. The LB team is working with EmuMovies team. It is not being ignored.

So while we understand the hiccups this is causing, patience is needed. When the teams have a fix in place it will be announced. Until then there is not much else to really add.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 8:09 PM, Retro808 said:

Version 12.10 - Released April 27, 2022

• Improvement: The EmuMovies API has been overhauled to fix the stability issues and improve performance

Still painfully slow unfortunately, fully updated LB as of writing. I'm looking at minutes per game😔

On 5/7/2022 at 3:01 AM, launcherbox said:

Still painfully slow unfortunately, fully updated LB as of writing. I'm looking at minutes per game😔

First I've heard having this issue. Are you using an old image queue or were these downloads something you've scraped after upgrading? If the former you may need to cancel any existing processes and requeue so they get the new URLs.

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

First I've heard having this issue. Are you using an old image queue or were these downloads something you've scraped after upgrading? If the former you may need to cancel any existing processes and requeue so they get the new URLs.

Aye Emumovies has been painfully slow for me for quite a while now. I was hoping the recent update would sort it. To answer your question, no these were newly added games post-update I'm afraid. Interestingly the slow part was always the video-snap file for games, the rest of the emumovies content wasn't too bad in terms of speed.

Well, I was doing a lot of MAME downloading last night after upgrading my ROM set from 0.149 to 0.233.

I did lots of single games and the speed has been great! The speed was painfully slow just two weeks ago when doing games singularly.

Latest LaunchBox version here and in the UK.

Edited by JamesBond@ge

12 hours ago, launcherbox said:

the slow part was always the video-snap file for games, the rest of the emumovies content wasn't too bad in terms of speed.

Yeah, like C-Beats said, the HD videos from EmuMovies will take a bit of time. They can weigh in around 60mb each.

The problem with EmuMovies / LaunchBox before this update, was getting the list of results from EmuMovies which could take minutes at a time.

11 hours ago, JamesBond@ge said:

Yeah, like C-Beats said, the HD videos from EmuMovies will take a bit of time. They can weigh in around 60mb each.

The problem with EmuMovies / LaunchBox before this update, was getting the list of results from EmuMovies which could take minutes at a time.

I've just added a few games there & the Emumovies scrape/download went quickly enough, so hopefully my post above was just Emumovies having an off-day!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Keep getting stuck at:  "Searching EmuMovies for Arcade media.."  I am having to update bits and pieces at a time in the hopes that it works, so I will select 2-3 items at a time(lets say Banner, Box 3D, and Arcade - Cabinet) and update the Metadata that way.  If I do too much at once it usually ends up hanging on a file.

Now this morning, I'm simply getting stuck at the aforementioned after a few successful scrapes of EmuMovies.  I was thinking of getting an EmuMovies membership as I just purchased the lifetime LaunchBox one, but not if this is how it runs.