LaunchBox Community Forums

EmuMovies Sync Speed Improvements

circo

I posted this in the Game Media section but it is probably better to be here.  Over the last couple of months we have been working on making the EmuMovies sync implementation faster in LaunchBox.  We have finally launched these changes and users should experience a 5 to 10 times faster download speed when scraping within launchbox.  We have also addressed some other minor bugs and hopefully you will have a much better experience when populating media.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Happy retrogaming!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, previous to the update (12.2) my connection speed to EmuMovies wasn't amazing but was totally bearable. Since I updated to the latest version instead of the speed boost I'n getting the complete opposite, it can take upto 3 minutes now to log in! It's made editing my games a frustrating, long winded experience, instead of reverting back to a previous build, which I don't want to do really, any idea how I can solve this? Anyone else getting this? Cheers 👍

I didn't wait that long - I Canceled and just used the tools/Download/Update Metadata and Media for All Selected Games after selecting all the games in a Platform Category. Best workaround I could come up with. Bye the way my connection is > 200Mbps. I'll do EmuMovies if/when it's fixed in LB.

On 11/15/2021 at 8:49 PM, Lukeyboy67 said:

Hi, previous to the update (12.2) my connection speed to EmuMovies wasn't amazing but was totally bearable. Since I updated to the latest version instead of the speed boost I'n getting the complete opposite, it can take upto 3 minutes now to log in! It's made editing my games a frustrating, long winded experience...

I'm having the same problem, editing single games has become a chore now. 

EDIT: Tried now with LB 12.4 and there are no changes despite getting mentioned in the update notes.  

Edited by DeadVoivod

Same here guys, prior to 12.2 EmuMovies wasn't too bad. It would typically take about 30 seconds or so to DL media for a single game. Now, 3-5 minutes is the norm. I've checked EmuMovies forums to see if it's on their end, but I've found nothing on the topic. I'm just holding off on updating media until our awesome Devs at LB can get to the bottom of it. I'm sure they'll fix it soon.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DeadVoivod said:

I hereby confirm that with the latest v12.5 of LB it's working faster again. More testing will prove if it stays like that. 

It was on their end, nothing to do with versions of Launchbox, the slowdown just happened around the same time as we released a update, so people jumped on us, when there really was nothing we could do about it, as others discovered when they downgraded their Launchbox versions and still had the same issues.

• 3 months later...

Seems to be a "timed-out" issue for me. Getting 1000's of error the past couple days, especially with video snaps and taking forever to scrape (many minutes).

As it stands, Emu is kinda useless in LB for me if it doesn't improve somewhere.

I noticed folks from here are posting there as well with no response yet. Hopefully we will hear something from somewhere soon:)

I noticed something that caught my attention. I am working on some Sega Saturn roms (scanning for removed & scanning for new). I am checking ALL the boxes concerning downloading artwork & videos.

I noticed when LB moves on to scrape Emu, it is scraping for all the platforms in LB (see screenshot, notice in it, it is searching SNK NeoGeo AES), but it is going through all the platforms in LB. Is it suppose to do that?

Untitled.thumb.jpg.fc0b6a16850512f6eb1a7f18fc074f0a.jpg

44 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

I noticed something that caught my attention. I am working on some Sega Saturn roms (scanning for removed & scanning for new). I am checking ALL the boxes concerning downloading artwork & videos.

I noticed when LB moves on to scrape Emu, it is scraping for all the platforms in LB (see screenshot, notice in it, it is searching SNK NeoGeo AES), but it is going through all the platforms in LB. Is it suppose to do that?

Untitled.thumb.jpg.fc0b6a16850512f6eb1a7f18fc074f0a.jpg

The truth is that Emumovies is not very good lately. Have you submitted a ticket to them?