LaunchBox Community Forums

12.9 Beta Testing

faeran

52 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Does this issue happen in other themes as well?

Yep with any theme - for example also with the stark/slipstream theme. Really strange as the right and up/down keys work correct.

Bigbox does it like this roughly speaking:

- max row number is 6 for example, last row of games is 4

- If you start in last row and press left he will jump to the 4th game in the upper row, after that it will move left until 6th game in the row above.

I think Bigbox calculates the position for the upper row wrong - instead of using the max number for game walls with more than max grid width entries it uses the current row count. 

Edited by Benuno

I'm always using the Default Theme in BigBox, and again I came across where I changed the Transitions for Background and Screen to "Door" and when I go to the Games, I get a Black Screen while still hearing the Video and whatever movement I make, but when I go back to my Filters I can see just fine, but when I back again to the main menu, that too is a Black Screen to where I have to Windows Key and close it off. I believe I've made mention of this before, but still seems to remain an issue like the Controller Support error too. Truly hoping I get some sort of word of support on what to do about those, or at least know these will possibly be getting fixed in later Betas. I know my lingo isn't to the level of most here, but would truly appreciate these matters being looked into since these are issues I've came across in testing many times over. Also having issues still where in LaunchBox when I Right-Click a Game, I sometimes at first don't see the Open option listed for whatever App it runs on unless I Right-Click it again to then see it listed.

1 hour ago, Benuno said:

Another question I have - why can't additional apps have custom command line parameters when set as a ROM? Because as LaunchBox allows any main ROM entry to have a custom parameter why not for additional ROMs also?

Likely it was not something the team thought to add during the initial inclusion of the additional apps feature. If you would like to see that feature expanded please submit a feature request.

Link is located at the top of the forum under "Help & Support"

• Thanks 1

I noticed a weird bug with 12.9 release and BigBox that I'm going to try to figure out how to reproduce 100% of the time this weekend.

I have two buttons defined as page up and page down.  Typically while looking at a game list in BigBox, pressing either pages up or down.   But, sometimes after returning from a game, I'll tap page down, and it scrolls UP by ONE game where as it should be scrolling a PAGE DOWN.  Page up will also go one game down instead.  It's extremely weird.

When this occurs, I can navigate to another game list for a different platform and the buttons work normally.  If I go back to the platform that had the issue, the buttons are still broken.

It makes no sense and has happened to me a few times now.  I've been a little busy to note the steps I took to get there, but will be trying this weekend to make it happen again.

37 minutes ago, sodaboy581 said:

I noticed a weird bug with 12.9 release and BigBox that I'm going to try to figure out how to reproduce 100% of the time this weekend.

I have two buttons defined as page up and page down.  Typically while looking at a game list in BigBox, pressing either pages up or down.   But, sometimes after returning from a game, I'll tap page down, and it scrolls UP by ONE game where as it should be scrolling a PAGE DOWN.  Page up will also go one game down instead.  It's extremely weird.

When this occurs, I can navigate to another game list for a different platform and the buttons work normally.  If I go back to the platform that had the issue, the buttons are still broken.

It makes no sense and has happened to me a few times now.  I've been a little busy to note the steps I took to get there, but will be trying this weekend to make it happen again.

Thanks. This is a known issue. Something to do with custom themes. It's on our list.

On 3/17/2022 at 7:55 AM, Benuno said:

Yep with any theme - for example also with the stark/slipstream theme. Really strange as the right and up/down keys work correct.

Bigbox does it like this roughly speaking:

- max row number is 6 for example, last row of games is 4

- If you start in last row and press left he will jump to the 4th game in the upper row, after that it will move left until 6th game in the row above.

I think Bigbox calculates the position for the upper row wrong - instead of using the max number for game walls with more than max grid width entries it uses the current row count. 

11 hours ago, RULLUR said:

I'm always using the Default Theme in BigBox, and again I came across where I changed the Transitions for Background and Screen to "Door" and when I go to the Games, I get a Black Screen while still hearing the Video and whatever movement I make, but when I go back to my Filters I can see just fine, but when I back again to the main menu, that too is a Black Screen to where I have to Windows Key and close it off. I believe I've made mention of this before, but still seems to remain an issue like the Controller Support error too. Truly hoping I get some sort of word of support on what to do about those, or at least know these will possibly be getting fixed in later Betas. I know my lingo isn't to the level of most here, but would truly appreciate these matters being looked into since these are issues I've came across in testing many times over. Also having issues still where in LaunchBox when I Right-Click a Game, I sometimes at first don't see the Open option listed for whatever App it runs on unless I Right-Click it again to then see it listed.

Thanks. These are also known and are on our long list to take a look at.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

Haven't had any response to this - there is an ongoing issue where some images in the carousel aren't thumbnailed properly. This occurs pretty frequently. If you click on the blurry thumbnail, then it does show the correct image above it. Example below:

image.thumb.png.b31f0a650cf28af143e68b7cc0b2cc95.png

This has to with the image header information. I'm looking into it to see if I can find a way to circumvent this. I have a few tricks up my sleeves to try, but can't make any promises at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1