LaunchBox Community Forums

12.9 Beta Testing

faeran

Hey everyone,

12.9 beta 1 is now out with a couple fixes and small improvements:

• Improvement - During a ROM import, the RetroArch core dropdown menu will only appear when the platform is missing from the emulator's Associated Platform section.
  • Improvement - The Arrange By menu in LaunchBox can now be used in List View
  • Fixed - Rare null reference error when changing platforms while using Images View (introduced in 12.8)
  • Fixed - Rare error when attempting to display a message box

@sagaopc @neil9000 @lexx, please let us know if this fixes the error you were seeing on the 12.8 beta thread.

• Like 8

is there a way to fix the bigbox focus issue when launching games with AHK? for example if i launch a game like haunted museum which i wrote a AHK script for, upon exit i will lose focus and my controls will no longer work until i alt tab or click my mouse. Same for mame if i add GUN4IR aspect ration change script in the running script section.

1 minute ago, magicray1028 said:

is there a way to fix the bigbox focus issue when launching games with AHK? for example if i launch a game like haunted museum which i wrote a AHK script for, upon exit i will lose focus and my controls will no longer work until i alt tab or click my mouse. Same for mame if i add GUN4IR aspect ration change script in the running script section.

by using AHK to accomplish what you are accomplishing, you more than likely want to use AHK to solve the focus issue it has caused you.

Maybe you can adapt this one:

i managed to get everything working with that script before except mame. im using a serial command to change my Gun4IR settings upon mame launch, but that command seems to stop the ahk from refocusing on mame. this is my current code in the running autohotkey section. It closes and accomplishes everything except regaining focu

Esc::

Run, %COMSPEC% /C echo M3.0 > COM3
Process,Close,Mame.exe
Run,taskkill /im "Mame.exe" /F
if WinExist("LaunchBox Game Startup")
{
    WinActivate
    WinWaitClose, LaunchBox Game Startup
}

if WinExist("LaunchBox")
{
    WinActivate
}

if WinExist("LaunchBox Big Box")
{
    WinActivate
}

ExitApp

Use too, if you had a video name with certain punctuation characters in it, it had to be replaced with an "_" (underscore), but in some like ":" (quotation) you could also use a "-" (minus). In the last release or two, this no longer works. Example:

Star Wars Jedi- Fallen Order-01.mp4 (was working fine)

Now I am having to go and change MANY videos named this way to use the underscore - Star Wars Jedi_ Fallen Order-01.mp4

Any chance this can be fixed in upcoming release?

13 hours ago, The Papaw said:

Use too, if you had a video name with certain punctuation characters in it, it had to be replaced with an "_" (underscore), but in some like ":" (quotation) you could also use a "-" (minus). In the last release or two, this no longer works. Example:

Now I am having to go and change MANY videos named this way to use the underscore - Star Wars Jedi_ Fallen Order-01.mp4

I might be wrong but the underscore is always supposed to be the correct use. Just because the hyphen worked doesn't mean it was correct. If anything, THAT was the bug.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, The Papaw said:

@mcfilmmakers is correct.

The file name process hasn't been touched in a bunch of years, so I would be leaning in the direction of something else going on here.

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2022 at 5:03 PM, The Mask said:

I think there may be a mem leak in the gif control on intel hardware (XE)

bb crashes when going back and forth between them while creating themes that use gifs.

Not sure if they leak or not but I do know GIFs take up a pretty massive amount of memory compared to their file size. GIF files themselves save the first frame, then save data on what changes per frame. Because of how WPF works when loading a GIF it has to make a new image from every frame the GIF has (instead of just a differential) so GIFs take WAY more memory than even a standard video file would. Typically within LaunchBox you'd be better served to just play the GIF as a video than as a GIF.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Not sure if they leak or not but I do know GIFs take up a pretty massive amount of memory compared to their file size. GIF files themselves save the first frame, then save data on what changes per frame. Because of how WPF works when loading a GIF it has to make a new image from every frame the GIF has (instead of just a differential) so GIFs take WAY more memory than even a standard video file would. Typically within LaunchBox you'd be better served to just play the GIF as a video than as a GIF.

wait, you can call a gif with a video control?