Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

We're Hiring Again!


Recommended Posts

We are looking to hire another developer with a focus on web and mobile technologies, specifically in the .NET/C# realm. This developer's focus will be on:

  • The LaunchBox Games Database website
  • LaunchBox backend web administration tools
  • LaunchBox and Music Box Alpha's main websites
  • Integrating the various LaunchBox websites together
  • LaunchBox for Android
  • Various other future projects

Some sort of knowledge/experience regarding C# web and/or mobile development is required. We are open to both developers with more design experience and developers with more backend experience, but knowing C# is a must, and Microsoft SQL Server is a big plus. However, we are a very flexible team with many different talents already, so often we are able to adjust our focuses as needed to make the best use of available talent.

We are also open (for the first time) to a possible part-time position, though it would eventually move to full-time in that case (this is not to say that we are not interested in hiring full-time straight out of the gate). We all work from home and primarily communicate over Discord, so the location is not overly important, and we're not asking anyone to move. A decent home office situation is important, though, because of working from home.

Every single member of our current team has come from the LaunchBox community, and we have a wonderful team at this point. If we've learned anything in the hiring process, it's that hiring folks from the community is the best way to go. So we're reaching out!

If you're interested, feel free to comment below, but also reach out to us via email at support@unbrokensoftware.com with your resume and examples of your experience. Feel free to reach out with any compensation requirements as well, and we can discuss. We look forward to hearing from you!

  • Like 21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh man. This gets my imagination going on what this means for the mobile app features. *excited wiggle*
If this means what i think it means.. yes. 1000x yes. This is the direction I want to see!

Edited by gibbawho
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

I'm going to be a new grad in CS next month, Is this an entry level or junior role? Additionally what amount of experience are you looking for when scouting for potential candidates?

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Rollie said:

Hello,

I'm going to be a new grad in CS next month, Is this an entry level or junior role? Additionally what amount of experience are you looking for when scouting for potential candidates?

 

Thanks!

Hi @Rollie. Thanks for your interest. For this particular role, we are definitely looking for a more experienced candidate that can hit the ground running. However, definitely send us your resume and any examples of your work so we can keep you in mind for this, and any future roles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Andy23 said:

Hello,

I have experience with the technologies you mentioned above, are you hiring people outside the US?

Regards.

Potentially, though that does complicate matters. Please hit us up via email. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It's nice to see you are growing.  Do you ever see the need for an experienced SQA?  I realize the beta gets a lot of the testing done at a community level, however if you continue to grow/expand maybe it is worth the thought.  Freelance QA is even valuable in some cases.

Edited by Gaming.Zone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Gaming.Zone said:

It's nice to see you are growing.  Do you ever see the need for an experienced SQA?  I realize the beta gets a lot of the testing done at a community level, however if you continue to grow/expand maybe it is worth the thought.  Freelance QA is even valuable in some cases.

Unfortunately not likely soon. Both Brian (Faeran) and I fulfill that role at this point. Thanks for reaching out though. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2022 at 2:23 PM, Jason Carr said:

We are looking to hire another developer with a focus on web and mobile technologies, specifically in the .NET/C# realm. This developer's focus will be on:

  • The LaunchBox Games Database website
  • LaunchBox backend web administration tools
  • LaunchBox and Music Box Alpha's main websites
  • Integrating the various LaunchBox websites together
  • LaunchBox for Android
  • Various other future projects

Some sort of knowledge/experience regarding C# web and/or mobile development is required. We are open to both developers with more design experience and developers with more backend experience, but knowing C# is a must, and Microsoft SQL Server is a big plus. However, we are a very flexible team with many different talents already, so often we are able to adjust our focuses as needed to make the best use of available talent.

We are also open (for the first time) to a possible part-time position, though it would eventually move to full-time in that case (this is not to say that we are not interested in hiring full-time straight out of the gate). We all work from home and primarily communicate over Discord, so the location is not overly important, and we're not asking anyone to move. A decent home office situation is important, though, because of working from home.

Every single member of our current team has come from the LaunchBox community, and we have a wonderful team at this point. If we've learned anything in the hiring process, it's that hiring folks from the community is the best way to go. So we're reaching out!

If you're interested, feel free to comment below, but also reach out to us via email at support@unbrokensoftware.com with your resume and examples of your experience. Feel free to reach out with any compensation requirements as well, and we can discuss. We look forward to hearing from you!

Do you have any slots to fill for a remote computer repair/maintenence technician? 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Juan Ruv said:

Are you still interested on a c# and/or web developer? I also have managed databases on MS SQL server.

Thread will probably be removed or at the very least locked when the position is filled. At this time it is open if you want to send your resume to support@unbrokensoftware.com

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What kind of experience are you looking for?  I’m a senior dev looking at potentially working on something more interesting than healthcare websites.  I’ve been with .NET Web dev since the start, and also do open source based stack dev now.  I have daily experience with MS SQL Server.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...