LaunchBox Community Forums

The LaunchBox 2022 Community Poll

faeran

The LaunchBox 2022 Community Poll  

2,001 members have voted

The results of the poll will be posted after the poll is completed.

This poll is closed to new votes

25 minutes ago, Tommy1981 said:

Is there a way to scrape images from google for the ones the import wizard misses? There use to be a plug-in for this but I don’t see it anymore. It would be great to be able to scrape “best matched” images from the database too. Maybe match as many words in the title as possible to the images in the databases with the most matched words at the top of the list and the least matched at the bottom of the list. 

if you could do videos this way too, it would be awesome.

There is already a video plugin that does just that:

On 5/20/2022 at 7:31 PM, Hifihedgehog said:

For what it is worth, I voted for this feature as well just now. It is surprising GIF support isn’t there yet when @Jason Carr himself expressed interest in it about seven years ago in conversation of this BitBucket issue/feature request. At this point, though, as @Lordmonkus rightly brought up, implementing this feature might require significant refactoring to accommodate it depending on how the codebase is currently structured. I do think it is quite doable though as .NET Core does have support for GIF rendering.

Reason this hasn't been really done on the mainstream build is due to WPFs lack of GIF support (or least last I took a look at this). To make a GIF work in WPF you have to create each frame of the GIF as it's own image and then manually switch frames with an animation or timer. This means that the GIF EXPLODES in size compared to what it shows on disk and because you are using WPF animation it could quickly cause serious performance loss (especially if displaying a large number of them at once).