LaunchBox Community Forums

The LaunchBox 2022 Community Poll

faeran

The LaunchBox 2022 Community Poll  

2,001 members have voted

The results of the poll will be posted after the poll is completed.

This poll is closed to new votes

Still waiting for the ability to search the Notes field so people don't have to manually find what they're looking for if they don't know the title of the game already. It's been requested for a while in bit bucket, maybe next year....?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Merovingio said:

I hope they implement being able to import sets of images uploaded by users. Currently it has to be done manually and you have to go one by one to match the name of the game.

That is exactly the goal of the item on the poll, yes. We also plan to include an easy export/package creation option as well.

• Thanks 1

On 5/12/2022 at 8:47 PM, blueoasis said:

At first glance, the MiSTer integration seems awesome, but I'm wondering what the practicality would be. When I'm using Launchbox/BigBox, I'm typically connected to the same TV that my MiSTer is connected to, so it would be strange to launch a game from Launchbox and then switch to another TV input to play the game on MiSTer. Why not just switch to MiSTer and launch it there? Perhaps it might be quicker to find the game through Launchbox, but you still need need to spend time switching inputs. 

I do currently use an Android app called Tatsutron that does something similar, albeit through an Android app. This makes more sense to me, launching a game from a cell phone and seeing the results immediately on your TV, but in actuality, I still find myself not using the app much. It's easier to just launch things through the MiSTer. 

Am I missing a use case? I hope so!

Browse Launchbox on a nice big LCD, launch on a CRT with MiSTer.

• Like 2

To stick to the topic, and to mention some poll items that have not been mention in this thread yet;

• 3D model box support

Do people understand the magnitude of the possibilities here? If you had a 3D model of a particular game box, then other than the awesomeness of having a rotatable box - as close as you can get to the real thing without holographics - you also wouldn't need front, back, 3D box images - as Launchbox could automatically render these from the 3D model. Theoretically you could then render any view or angle you wanted. This would be endgame material as far as box art is concerned.

• Show platform details and media when selecting a platform with no game selected

Currently 97% of the focus in Launchbox is on the games. But to bring in the platforms also....the platform details, pictures, videos (e.g. Viking videos etc) - this would really expand the scope of Launchbox and bring it to the next level. For those of us who don't use BigBox this would be a godsend.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2022 at 6:42 PM, myric227 said:

I'll vote 1000x for the Bezel Project integration!

not sure if this is what you are really asking for.  I would like this 1000x more if it enabled the bezel project on systems like rocket launcher does. Rocketlauncher allows bezels on almost all games, rather than relying on the emulator.

The Linux mention gives me hope!

I'm planning to ditch Windows later this year and have not found any comparable alternative to Launchbox in months of searching. I'd really be disappointed to lose what is undoubtedly the best Emulator frontend available.

• Game On 2

I am really happy about LB; my .2 cents wishlist:

- Have Launchbox to remember which game was I on when I delete something, instead of scrolling all the way to the top

- Sync up play time and settings across platforms (I have both the full sub to the desktop and android platforms); so I can set up all platforms once, instead of constantly have to change settings when switching platforms (or worst if I have to re-install the OS and I didn't make a backup of the settings folder)

- Steam Deck support

- Streaming capabilities so I can run games on my pc and play them on my TV connected to the same network (the TV is too weak to run most emulators and I don't want to have a dongle computer in the living room)

- Find duplicates of games and not only of media

- Better parsing of the roms (more often than not I end up with the scraper retrieving the ENG data but the JP name and images for my roms)

• Like 1

Just now, 3dlollo said:

I am really happy about LB; my .2 cents wishlist:

- Have Launchbox to remember which game was I on when I delete something, instead of scrolling all the way to the top

- Sync up play time and settings across platforms (I have both the full sub to the desktop and android platforms); so I can set up all platforms once, instead of constantly have to change settings when switching platforms (or worst if I have to re-install the OS and I didn't make a backup of the settings folder)

- Steam Deck support

- Streaming capabilities so I can run games on my pc and play them on my TV connected to the same network (the TV is too weak to run most emulators and I don't want to have a dongle computer in the living room)

- Find duplicates of games and not only of media

- Better parsing of the roms (more often than not I end up with the scraper retrieving the ENG data but the JP name and images for my roms)

Some great ideas, but you have to submit them to bitbucket or they are never considered.

Edited by The Papaw

Fuzzy ROM search that offers up ROM title match options at the end of a media scan would be a great feature. My ROM sets aren't perfect and almost every system I've scanned has required me to go and manually rename numerous ROMs to get the system to find the title in the DB

2 hours ago, Jacksaur said:

The Linux mention gives me hope!

I'm planning to ditch Windows later this year and have not found any comparable alternative to Launchbox in months of searching. I'd really be disappointed to lose what is undoubtedly the best Emulator frontend available.

I made the full switch the end of last year after mostly using Linux for a while. The literal only thing I miss is Launchbox, which I have to run in a crummy VM to use :( Linux support would completely separate me from Windows!

• Game On 2