LaunchBox Community Forums

The LaunchBox 2022 Community Poll

faeran

The LaunchBox 2022 Community Poll  

2,001 members have voted

The results of the poll will be posted after the poll is completed.

This poll is closed to new votes

On 5/13/2022 at 11:54 PM, Retrofrogg said:

• 3D model box support

Do people understand the magnitude of the possibilities here?

I think that you have touched a core problem.

No, normal people cannot understand what does it means! And it is quite normal. Each of us has his work and interests. I am using LB because is easy to use. I was using, years ago, hyperspin and rocket launcher and they were too hard for me. So I have searched and found this awesome software! 

I admit that I had problems understanding the points of the questionnaire (mister? and who is he? I only know Mister x of Tiger Man!). I watched the video on youtube and it didn't clarify my ideas. Reading the posts here, I realize that I'm not the only one who doesn't understand.
it seems to me that the direction of LB is to simplify access for all. Let's help the poor computer ignorant to understand and use this great software easily.
Let's make it as simple as possible for everyone.

(we have not yet a bulk editor for playlists! HELP!)

• Like 1

I would love an actual genre, series, platform editor that you can choose one of these selections or more (bulk select ftw) and it loads all titles these are all applied to, allowing easy editing, deletion, addition per tag...

19 minutes ago, cleverest said:

I would love an actual genre, series, platform editor that you can choose one of these selections or more (bulk select ftw) and it loads all titles these are all applied to, allowing easy editing, deletion, addition per tag...

We have both the side bar and on the fly filters (button next to search) already for all of those fields so you can do what you are describing

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

We have both the side bar and on the fly filters (button next to search) already for all of those fields so you can do what you are describing

Filters will allow direct editing/changes to bulk games? I can add several genre tags to multiple games quickly this way? I need to double-check but last time I tried, it was very clunky.

4 minutes ago, cleverest said:

Filters will allow direct editing/changes to bulk games? I can add several genre tags to multiple games quickly this way? I need to double-check but last time I tried, it was very clunky.

Filters allow you to quickly navigate to the games you want to review/edit. Then just select all the games you want to make the changes to and CTRL+E to open bulk edit where you can choose what fields to remove and what fields to add from all the selected items

8 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Filters allow you to quickly navigate to the games you want to review/edit. Then just select all the games you want to make the changes to and CTRL+E to open bulk edit where you can choose what fields to remove and what fields to add from all the selected items

Yeah my request was more for an actual editor, somewhat similar to how the media/dupe removal tool looks, where it pops up another window you can type in the genre, a publisher et cetera and it will display a quick list of the games, and allow you to make very rapid bulk changes to multiple games using multiple criteria via one screen. 

Not really the same experience how it currently is, but thanks.

4 minutes ago, cleverest said:

Yeah my request was more for an actual editor, somewhat similar to how the media/dupe removal tool looks, where it pops up another window you can type in the genre, a publisher et cetera and it will display a quick list of the games, and allow you to make very rapid bulk changes to multiple games using multiple criteria via one screen. 

Not really the same experience how it currently is, but thanks.

Ah so you want a editable datagrid (similar to Audit Menu that you can change on the fly)

• Game On 1

I just want a very simple thing... and that is for BigBox to have an option in the Game Details to open a web search in the default browser based on the games name.

This would save me 100 million hours creating and importing .url shortcuts as Additional Apps for every individual game.

Just this sneaky little feature would make me so happy and save me a lot of time. I'm sure other users would like this feature too? My voice got drowned out in the last poll I participated in (2019 I think).

Edited by JamesBond@ge
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2022 at 8:05 PM, Fursphere said:

Sounds interesting!   I like the way ArcadeEIP does it best - where its loading the MAME roms and they're fully playable, then switches to another game.   I know this would be difficult for almost any other platform outside of MAME though. 

GameEx used to do this with MAME, as a Screensaver. It was quite a cool feature but it was more of an Attract Mode really. I got to know plenty of MAME games this way that I otherwise wouldn't have booted up.

• Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

For the love of god please just add a toggleable (hideable) icon bar under the the upper left LAUNCHBOX logo so we can put our 10~ most used menu options. Its a HUGE pain in the ass to have to go through the super crowded menus dozes of times for a handful of things i need to get to.

Edited by Paultimate
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Paultimate said:

For the love of god just add a toggleable (hideable) icon bar under the the upper left LAUNCHBOX logo so we can put our 10~ most used menu options. Its a HUGE pain in the ass to have to go through the super crowded menus dozes of times for a handful of things i need to get to.

I am sure devs appreciate all feedback and requests and personally I agree the tools menu has a few too many click. However, I highly suspect this is not the way to post about a want.

Going forward any users requests should be made with a more respectful tone or they will be deleted. Hate to ban anyone for using their emotions when posting but there is a way to and a way not to get your point across.

On 5/18/2022 at 12:59 AM, MRCrisis said:

Unfortunately animated cover support is not in the poll. Yet there are a lot of votes

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/307/animated-backgrounds-and-animated-box-art

For what it is worth, I voted for this feature as well just now. It is surprising GIF support isn’t there yet when @Jason Carr himself expressed interest in it about seven years ago in conversation of this BitBucket issue/feature request. At this point, though, as @Lordmonkus rightly brought up, implementing this feature might require significant refactoring to accommodate it depending on how the codebase is currently structured. I do think it is quite doable though as .NET Core does have support for GIF rendering.

Edited by Hifihedgehog

I know it's inappropriate to post requests but would you mind checking these out?

(Yes, I already submitted on bitbucket..)

1. Sort/Arrange by.. PER each Category and playlist

2. EDIT Metadata/Media (Ctrl+e) UI Enhancement

• Footer for quick drag&drop image edit (front -box) on main page
  • Drag and Drop support STRAIGHT from Web Browser
  • NEXT+PREVIOUS Buttons to navigate to another game without closing window
  • Navigation Keyboard Support (ctrl+I to move to images, delete key to delete image, up,down,left,right arrows)

503456682_ScreenShot00705-21-2022.thumb.png.4e3bd9dccaa8917ec07126f3d113d0f1.png

• "Control + i" should popup and go to images in edit game directly (instead of image view)

ctrl_i.thumb.png.f4a8a88ef6ee77e675f4d9efee383d95.png

3. Auto Populate algorithm

4 minutes ago, xmas said:

I know it's inappropriate to post requests but would you mind checking these out?

You know it's inappropriate but you did it anyways.

You said you submitted a bitbucket ticket and that is all you need to do, posting this here was a waste of time.

Is there a way to scrape images from google for the ones the import wizard misses? There use to be a plug-in for this but I don’t see it anymore. It would be great to be able to scrape “best matched” images from the database too. Maybe match as many words in the title as possible to the images in the databases with the most matched words at the top of the list and the least matched at the bottom of the list. 

if you could do videos this way too, it would be awesome.