LaunchBox Community Forums

Very sad news about Robin55

Mr. RetroLust

Since English isn't my first language and the emotions I'm really finding it hard to write this, I hope I do him justice.

I really missed seeing @Robin55 around, as he was always very active sharing his wonderful media for so many platforms. Though I don't know why I didn't searched him online anytime sooner. The pandemic happened in the mean while which was a crazy time for all of us and it was around that time he went silent. My searches brought me to several pages and I came to the conclusion he passed away at July 10th 2020 on a young age, I'm not sure but I think he was in his mid 30's. Since I do believe the dead also have privacy I will only share what I found in pm, if anyone really needs any proof that is.

I didn't know him well but he was really helpful to me in creating the arcade 3d boxes 2.0 project which was based on his original arcade 3d boxes, he knew a lot about batch image creation. I think he had a lot of fun creating media for his collection and sharing it with us. l like to believe it was helping him going through hard times.

It's pretty incredible what he created and the amounts of it, I'm sure that about everyone here has media in their collections created by him, here is all the work that he left us on Launchbox and Emumovies have a look it's quite amazing:

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/profile/75197-robin55/content/?type=downloads_file&change_section=1

https://emumovies.com/profile/84415-robin55/?tab=node_filestabprofile_filesTab

I'm very thankful for all he left us and I'm sure you guys are as well.

Rest in Peace Robin

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Game On 2
  • Unusual Gem 2

Very sad news! :(

A golden guy; and super generous!

We had the opportunity to work together several times; especially on the Multi screen playlists he had created and which are still very widely used and present here by the way.
It seems innocuous; but your gesture is touching @Mr.RetroLust !

In a world where wealth creators are parasitized by all those who live on their backs, and where most of the time people are ungrateful and take the content and don't care who is the author,

I find that really cool of you going for him.
Wealth is not what we have in the bank account or anything else, what we are able to create and share.

that's human wealth :)

It was 4 years ago...

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM

Sad news to hear from those you never expect.

Robin55 has always been a great collaborator and a very caring person for everyone.

He has always done great work for the frontend communities. He never sought fame for himself.

I hope he will never be forgotten for all he did. Will be missed my friend.

Rest in peace Sir Robin55.

Claudio

• Like 1