LaunchBox Community Forums

13.2 Beta Thread

faeran

2 hours ago, The Papaw said:

I'm think I may have found a renaming bug in v13.2. When I rename something, it is changing the name of all the related media except for the Clear Logo. I'm getting this popup and am having to rename the clear logos manually:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.89105ce52fdf041a3f1ee6caabc1b1b1.jpg

The error is essentially saying that the clear logo is in use, so it could not be renamed. This can happen with certain themes that use clear logos inside of the game details view.

Which theme were you using when this happened?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, faeran said:

The error is essentially saying that the clear logo is in use, so it could not be renamed. This can happen with certain themes that use clear logos inside of the game details view.

I reported this some time ago as well, using Neon Deluxe Arcade LB.

8 minutes ago, faeran said:

Thanks for the reply, using Rincewind, it is renaming everything else though, even the video, why isn't LB getting the clear logo as well?

Edited by The Papaw
Edit (sorry had the BB theme name instead of the LB theme name)

12 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

I reported this some time ago as well, using Neon Deluxe Arcade LB.

There's actually a different binding you can use to get around this. PM me and I'll look for what it is.

10 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

Thanks for the reply, using Rincewind, it is renaming everything else though, even the video, why isn't LB getting the clear logo as well?

It's a theme related issue. Anything inside of a Carousel is fine and was designed to not lock files. Anything theme specific that a theme creator has added to their theme could be locked depending on how it was added to the theme.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, faeran said:

There's actually a different binding you can use to get around this. PM me and I'll look for what it is.

It's a theme related issue. Anything inside of a Carousel is fine and was designed to not lock files. Anything theme specific that a theme creator has added to their theme could be locked depending on how it was added to the theme.

Hey @faeran, I had a brain fart on my post, using the Rincewind theme. I was hoping I edited before you seen it. :$

On 3/20/2023 at 11:30 AM, Rlad said:

When auditing clicking on an image column eg box 3d shows all images from the group, box 3d, box front , ad front etc.

815981375_Screenshot2023-03-20152642.thumb.jpg.d43efcd77c4b3b212f2f21c1a6026566.jpg

Is this intended behaviour?

Yes, that's intended to use the groupings and not the types.

43 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

Hey @faeran, I had a brain fart on my post, using the Rincewind theme. I was hoping I edited before you seen it. :$

Yup, no problem. I checked the theme and it's using a clear logo binding that will definitely show that error. I've let Rincewind know how to update it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've started getting, just today, an error "requested action required elevation" when trying to launch games.  Not sure if this is related to a beta issue or is something on my end.  I don't know of anything that I have changed.  Thanks.

22 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

I've started getting, just today, an error "requested action required elevation" when trying to launch games.  Not sure if this is related to a beta issue or is something on my end.  I don't know of anything that I have changed.  Thanks.

This is likely related to the emulator you're attempting to launch and it requiring admin rights for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

hello to all,

i gave a try at 13.2 and with bigbox im getting black screen, launchbox works good. i hear boot sound message when launching bigbox but screen is black and no input work, have to kill the process in task manager.

is there a fix for this issue im having?

error log :

Method not found: 'Boolean Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.BigBoxSettings.get_Boolean_1()'.

App:     Big Box
Version: 13.2
Type:    System.MissingMethodException
Site:    Void OnFlipBox()
Source:  BigBox

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.OnFlipBox()
   at CandidateError.AwakeWrapper(Object object_0, CandidateError candidateError_0)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.HandleKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at ProcWrapper.AwakeWrapper(Object object_0, KeyEventArgs e, ProcWrapper procWrapper_0)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.Views.MainView.ReflectBroadcaster(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ProcessKeyAction(MSG& msg, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.CriticalTranslateAccelerator(MSG& msg, ModifierKeys modifiers)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.OnPreprocessMessage(Object param)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

14:03:12 Exception

thnx

Edited by lover_from_space

2 hours ago, lover_from_space said:

hello to all,

i gave a try at 13.2 and with bigbox im getting black screen, launchbox works good. i hear boot sound message when launching bigbox but screen is black and no input work, have to kill the process in task manager.

is there a fix for this issue im having?

error log :

Method not found: 'Boolean Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Data.BigBoxSettings.get_Boolean_1()'.

App:     Big Box
Version: 13.2
Type:    System.MissingMethodException
Site:    Void OnFlipBox()
Source:  BigBox

at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.OnFlipBox()
   at CandidateError.AwakeWrapper(Object object_0, CandidateError candidateError_0)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.ViewModels.MainViewModel.HandleKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at ProcWrapper.AwakeWrapper(Object object_0, KeyEventArgs e, ProcWrapper procWrapper_0)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.Views.MainView.ReflectBroadcaster(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ProcessKeyAction(MSG& msg, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.CriticalTranslateAccelerator(MSG& msg, ModifierKeys modifiers)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.OnPreprocessMessage(Object param)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

14:03:12 Exception

thnx

While I'm not sure why you'd be seeing that, you may want to post this in the troubleshooting section of the forum.

This thread was for beta testing purposes and will end up being locked as soon as the next beta round begins.