LaunchBox Community Forums

I can't download retroarch on launchbox

cargameormeo

• Joe35car changed the title to Launchbox not updating to retroarch 1.16.0

The issue has been identified and we have code change in place to correct that will be in the next version. At the moment the issue is that RetroArch added a new item to their build bot directory. This combined with the fact that their GitHub has a newer release than the build bot is causing several compounding issues. At the moment there is no work around and you'll need to install Retroarch yourself.

5 hours ago, C-Beats said:

The issue has been identified and we have code change in place to correct that will be in the next version. At the moment the issue is that RetroArch added a new item to their build bot directory. This combined with the fact that their GitHub has a newer release than the build bot is causing several compounding issues. At the moment there is no work around and you'll need to install Retroarch yourself.

Its worth adding that even when you download it yourself and add it, Launchbox still seems to check for it and throws the error when you import a system, so not really sure what its checking for if you already have it setup?

image.thumb.png.b079e0b0160a04a94db696115cd4f159.png

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Its worth adding that even when you download it yourself and add it, Launchbox still seems to check for it and throws the error when you import a system, so not really sure what its checking for if you already have it setup?

image.thumb.png.b079e0b0160a04a94db696115cd4f159.png

And just to add to that the error pops up under the Launchbox window and freezes the import until dismissed, so mine sat there a while doing nothing at all until i spotted the separate error window and dismissed it, which triggered the import.

Hi all,

i'm a newbie here, i managed to install Launchbox on my laptop and set up RetroArch, i was please by the software.

Now i'm trying to do the same on my gaming PC (running windows 11) 

And when i try to add SNES games and installing RetroArch i got this error "unable to dowload RetroArch"

I have tried

- disable windows defender

- disable firewall

It didn't help.

I have downloaded RetroArch manually, but still Launchbox is unable to download cores...

Ok i understood that i can download cores throught RetroArch, but what's the point of using Launchbox then ? 🙂

Any help will be welcome 

7 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Is a bug in 13.6 related to some changes RetroArch made to their build bot process. Should be able to grab the most recent beta release and download it successfully.

I just downloaded the nightly version from their website but still having the same issues. Is this different than the beta? If so can you provide a link to where I can get it?

4 hours ago, iizshadow said:

I just downloaded the nightly version from their website but still having the same issues. Is this different than the beta? If so can you provide a link to where I can get it?

The beta he was talking about is LB Beta. To download LB Betas you need to turn that option on in your LB settings.