LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.12 - Beta Thread

faeran

Beta 2 is out with a few fixes based on your feedback so far.

Changelog:

• Fixed: The ROM Auto-import feature will no longer monitor platforms with a "Scrape As" value of ScummVM
  • Fixed: Changing a game's emulator from the Edit Game window causing a crash
  • Fixed: Rare dictionary error on LaunchBox startup
  • Like 4

From what I've seen the games that were added are other versions of games I already had imported. Let's say my Games folder contains "Super Mario Bros.zip" and "Super Mario Bros (USA).zip". The first time I imported my roms only one of those were added to Launchbox. Now the auto importer seems import all of those duplicate games.

Just now, christhed said:

From what I've seen the games that were added are other versions of games I already had imported. Let's say my Games folder contains "Super Mario Bros.zip" and "Super Mario Bros (USA).zip". The first time I imported my roms only one of those were added to Launchbox. Now the auto importer seems import all of those duplicate games.

It would be helpful if you could confirm the following about some entries:

• Was the file located within one of your Game Folders? Game Folder meaning the folder that appears under the Folders tab within an Edit Platform window.
  • Was the file not already imported into your library?

Based on what you are saying it sounds like you have duplicate files within your game folders that you didn't initially import, and now the auto-import is scanning those folders, finding those extra files and importing them, which would be the feature working as intended, but this would be good to confirm from anyone that has had games imported that may at first not know why.

12 minutes ago, faeran said:

It would be helpful if you could confirm the following about some entries:

• Was the file located within one of your Game Folders? Game Folder meaning the folder that appears under the Folders tab within an Edit Platform window.
  • Was the file not already imported into your library?

Yes all the games that were imported had rom files in one of my game folders and they were not already imported.

But unless i'm mistaken the initial import process skipped over those files when importing because they were duplicates? I doubt I added them manually. Doesn't it make that feature useless if the auto importer imports them anyway?

I'd like to take advantage of this Beta and the RAHasher update v1.7, to point out that not all platforms nor achievements are supported in Launchbox: NDSi (platform) and Nintendo Pokemon Mini (achievements) for example.
There's also a conflict between the 'Scrap As' and the 'Scan for Achievements' option : NES <> FDS ; Neo Geo Pocket <> Neo Geo Pocket color, for example.

If we integrate RA achievements, it would be nice to make them fully compatible.

I hope you can take a look on this.

Edited by PixelDragon
syntax

2 hours ago, faeran said:

I believe it will scan items within one sub-folder, although best practice would be to keep your ROM folders clean.

Thank you for your answer. I only asked because some systems like ScummVM, MS-DOS, and PS3 may have their "Roms" stored as subdirectories with other files that the importer will not interpret correctly and try to import anyway like JoeViking245 discovered. I think It would be a helpful feature if we could select which platforms this feature would be active for. 

48 minutes ago, SatorSquare said:

Thank you for your answer. I only asked because some systems like ScummVM, MS-DOS, and PS3 may have their "Roms" stored as subdirectories with other files that the importer will not interpret correctly and try to import anyway like JoeViking245 discovered. I think It would be a helpful feature if we could select which platforms this feature would be active for. 

We missed a check with ScummVM, which has been fixed, but it was intended not to work from the start. MS-DOS will not work unless they were imported like ROMs, and PS3 will work the same way as our current ROM Importer. 

If anyone finds a platform in their testing that may not be working ideally, we'd love to hear about it.

• The Cake is a Lie 1

Interesting update. I'm enjoying the RAHasher 1.7. It's nice having PSP games show their achievements. Is anyone else having trouble logging into their Epic Games account via the storefront manager? I get a JavaScript error a mile long.
image.thumb.png.792ff43482ae0853a3da5163dfa804a0.png

9 hours ago, faeran said:

For the auto-import feature, not at the moment.  In the future, we may introduce a management system where users can better fine-tune certain aspects of this.

I believe it will scan items within one sub-folder, although best practice would be to keep your ROM folders clean.

Are you guys able to filter by all your games and arrange by Date Added. That should give you some clarity as to the files that were added. Some examples would be helpful to determine if the files were within one of your game folders and were not yet imported.

I did the filter by date added and had 4000 added.  looks like they are all related to the ScummVM platform.   Hopefully beta 2 has the fix.  I will restore the data files from before the beta 1 import issues and see what happens.  as you can see from the screenshot that the files are not real roms just misc files in those dir's  I wonder if there is a clean way to remove the bad imports? or just the restore from the backup data files?  Thanks

imported files beta 1.PNG

imported files 2 beta 1.PNG

• Like 1

Thanks! Crash when changing emulator is fixed with beta2.

However i get very often errors on clear logos

When ever i edit game metadata . clear logo pops error in 99% of the time. I am not sure if that is the Theme problem or LB?

It feels that theme didnt unlock resource properly and it gets locked. 

Process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

It only happens on clear logos

I am using Default plus , LB theme

Screenshot 2024-02-22 093256.png

P.S

As suggestion for game checker, maybe it would be prudent to add option to only scan for specific extensions. And ignore everything else?

LB can surely check which extensions already exist in that platform and only check for those?

Edited by Undertherainbow

Just wanted to let LB team know it is working for me. I do not use the default rom and media paths. What I do find strange is it found games in a few platforms that the normal Tools > Scan > Scan for Added Roms... didn't find??

UPDATE: Kinda made a mess of my PS3 games, added many games files as games, such as files nested within an actual game like BLUS31450 - Adventure Time The Secret Of The Nameless Kingdom\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\npc_marceline.pak. Added as a new game named "npc marceline" I got a couple hundred of them. Still looking at them, but so far, all of them are using the *.pak file extension

I have to turn the feature off, because after deleting them, it just scans them right back in...lol:P

Edited by The Papaw
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The Papaw said:

Just wanted to let LB team know it is working for me. I do not use the default rom and media paths. What I do find strange is it found games in a few platforms that the normal Tools > Scan > Scan for Added Roms... didn't find??

UPDATE: Kinda made a mess of my PS3 games, added many games files as games, such as files nested within an actual game like BLUS31450 - Adventure Time The Secret Of The Nameless Kingdom\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\npc_marceline.pak. Added as a new game named "npc marceline" I got a couple hundred of them. Still looking at them, but so far, all of them are using the *.pak file extension

I have to turn the feature off, because after deleting them, it just scans them right back in...lol:P

We just triple checked the PS3 scanning, but was unable to get this to happen on our end across a few PCs. They are always importing correctly. I'm assuming something is different in the way you have them imported. Can you toss me your data files in a PM for us to take a look.

4 minutes ago, dbalcar said:

Well after restoring the backup data before the beta 1 and now with beta 2 it still imports 797 games over 30 platforms even though no files were touched or added.

Can you be more specific about a handful of games and their platforms?

6 hours ago, Undertherainbow said:

Thanks! Crash when changing emulator is fixed with beta2.

However i get very often errors on clear logos

When ever i edit game metadata . clear logo pops error in 99% of the time. I am not sure if that is the Theme problem or LB?

It feels that theme didnt unlock resource properly and it gets locked. 

Process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

It only happens on clear logos

I am using Default plus , LB theme

Screenshot 2024-02-22 093256.png

P.S

As suggestion for game checker, maybe it would be prudent to add option to only scan for specific extensions. And ignore everything else?

LB can surely check which extensions already exist in that platform and only check for those?

I'm guessing a theme issue. Can you test that theory by switching to the default theme and see if you still get it as often.

10 hours ago, SqHd said:

Interesting update. I'm enjoying the RAHasher 1.7. It's nice having PSP games show their achievements. Is anyone else having trouble logging into their Epic Games account via the storefront manager? I get a JavaScript error a mile long.
image.thumb.png.792ff43482ae0853a3da5163dfa804a0.png

EGS is changing their login stuff again. We've identified what they did this time and we have it fixed internally. It'll be part of the next beta, which should be out today.

12 hours ago, FistyDollars said:

Will we be able to pick and choose which platforms auto-import?

Not for this round, but it's possible we may provide a management window in the future that may provide some advanced functionality like this.

So after taking a quick look I noticed in PSX platform that the m3u files are being added. As you can see in the screenshot that actraiser msu1-1 got imported 21 times and the files are .pcm files  Games\Super Nintendo MSU-1\Actraiser (ChiptuneFaith) (MSU-1)\actraiser_msu1-1.pcm  where the actual game is Games\Super Nintendo MSU-1\Actraiser (ChiptuneFaith) (MSU-1)\actraiser_msu1.sfc

Betat 2 imports MSU.PNG

Beta 2 actraiser issues.PNG