LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.12 - Beta Thread

faeran

36 minutes ago, Undertherainbow said:

Yup, switched to default, it was theme issue. And default is soo much snappier and faster. All good, Thanks

Good to hear. Although also bad, since Default Plus is one of my themes. I'll have to review the code at some point.

• Game On 1

24 minutes ago, dbalcar said:

even just closing LB and reopening right after still importing games.  Just had about 300 added on a restart with no changes

Can you be more specific about the games being added?

33 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

How does the auto-importer handle if you have roms that aren't following any naming conventions?

Same way the current ROM importer does. Will do it's best to remove all the data in parens/brackets and then do a search based on the filename string that's left.

1 hour ago, dbalcar said:

Is there a way to log all of the imports?

Currently, there are two ways you can find out what was imported. You can go to All Games and Arrange By > Date Added. Or you can Audit all your games and sort by Date Added.

5 minutes ago, Fursphere said:

Please add a logging function.   Nothing worse than a program automatically doing something and then not being able to tell you what it did. 

Also, if you have logs turned on, all imports will be listed in them.

So, currently there's 4 options on how to find out what games were just imported:

• All Games > Arrange By: Date Added
  • Audit All Games > Sort By: Date Added
  • From the filter dropdown menu > Date Added
  • Within your log files

We will also add a 5th option that will be an actionable button on the import notification that will list out games that were added during that import round.

• Like 1

I was testing this new beta version while importing some games and I got an error, i.e. not able to get metadata for one of the games, but I chose to continue the importing process - it was about 30 games for the NES. After the import, the achievements were not detected for those games - and they have the correct hash, I tested them before - even after refreshing and scanning for achievements again. The games that were already in the library were not affected by this.

So I decided to test the new feature, removed one single game (without deleting the ROM), and enabled the automated import. The game was detected correctly and imported, but I got a bunch of errors popping up, mostly dll files related to RAhasher.exe - I was able to get one print.

So, I moved these last roms from the games folder to a different directory, removed them from LB, restarted LB, and started the import process again. No errors this time, but after the import the games are not recognized as having achievements again - refreshing and scanning for achievements, or even playing them in RetroArch - which normally results in the game being scanned and updated with the achievement badge promptly - did not work.

Any thoughts?

rahasher.png

17 minutes ago, Fursphere said:

Interesting.  The first place I went was to the debug log files.  I didn't find anything regarding the automatically imported files there.

It's possible this is something queued up for the next beta, which should be out today. Sorry about that.

However, that's probably the most inconvenient place for a user to check. The Date Added filter dropdown is probably the easiest.

19 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I was testing this new beta version while importing some games and I got an error, i.e. not able to get metadata for one of the games, but I chose to continue the importing process - it was about 30 games for the NES. After the import, the achievements were not detected for those games - and they have the correct hash, I tested them before - even after refreshing and scanning for achievements again. The games that were already in the library were not affected by this.

So I decided to test the new feature, removed one single game (without deleting the ROM), and enabled the automated import. The game was detected correctly and imported, but I got a bunch of errors popping up, mostly dll files related to RAhasher.exe - I was able to get one print.

So, I moved these last roms from the games folder to a different directory, removed them from LB, restarted LB, and started the import process again. No errors this time, but after the import the games are not recognized as having achievements again - refreshing and scanning for achievements, or even playing them in RetroArch - which normally results in the game being scanned and updated with the achievement badge promptly - did not work.

Any thoughts?

rahasher.png

A quick google search and it looks like you may have something wrong with a C++ dependency file that RAHasher may need. You may want to google that error and see if any of the troubleshooting threads can help you out with that.

24 minutes ago, faeran said:

A quick google search and it looks like you may have something wrong with a C++ dependency file that RAHasher may need. You may want to google that error and see if any of the troubleshooting threads can help you out with that.

Oh ok, it could be that, but it was working fine in the previous version of LB, and never seen this happen before. Anyone had this problem before?

I noticed that some games imported automatically were already in my collection (for the same rom file this time). I have 2 entries for Final Fantasy III (SNES), one added in 2023 and one added this week. I can confirm that I only have one rom file for that game and that both entries in the library are linked to that single file. I also made sure they both had the same database ID.

Edited by christhed
Precision

1 hour ago, faeran said:

It's possible this is something queued up for the next beta, which should be out today. Sorry about that.

However, that's probably the most inconvenient place for a user to check. The Date Added filter dropdown is probably the easiest.

Sounds good.  Thank you.   I've been in working IT for a long time now; log files is where I go for everything. 

1 hour ago, faeran said:

Followed your advice and repaired all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installs. Imported more games and the problem remains.

Started a fresh install of 13.12 beta 2 and imported the games. The problem continues.

Started a fresh install of 13.11 and imported the games. In this version it works just fine, achievements are hashing correctly.

Any thoughts?