LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.12 - Beta Thread

faeran

I've updated to the final 13.12 version and automatic ROM import is a joke.

game1710194460328.thumb.png.0a68da4141300abbe963a9b845841d9b.png

As you can see on the screenshot it imported mp4 files and xml files. What ROM from what platform uses that extensions? It should ignore that.

My ROM directory is shared between LaunchBox and Retrobat and EmulationStation scraper uses ROM directory to store game multimedia....

@AndrewSpec I had a somewhat similar issue earlier on in the beta, it was my xaml files causing it. After that was corrected it works awesome, I LOVE IT! Now we just need Auto Remove and Auto Cleanup (with user confirmation first, of course)

Just curious, I notice you have a "gamelist.xml" file for the platforms shown in the screenshot. not sure about them, but might they be something to look at? Not sure what you are using them for, but might be something o.O

Edited by The Papaw

4 hours ago, The Papaw said:

@AndrewSpec 

Just curious, I notice you have a "gamelist.xml" file for the platforms shown in the screenshot. not sure about them, but might they be something to look at? Not sure what you are using them for, but might be something o.O

You missed one thing:

14 hours ago, AndrewSpec said:

My ROM directory is shared between LaunchBox and Retrobat and EmulationStation scraper uses ROM directory to store game multimedia....

Those files are created by EmulationStation to store game lists and game multimedia.

Merhaba. İsteğim launchbox'la ilgili. Launchbox ekranında bir platform seçtiğimde sağ tarafta platform detaylarını görebiliyorum. Bu alanda platform görseli, toplam oyun sayısı, en çok oynanan oyunlar gibi çeşitli bilgiler bulunmaktadır. Ancak üstteki hepsi seçeneğini seçtiğimde sağ taraftaki bilgi ekranı boş çıkıyor. Tüm platformlar alanına launchbox'ın kendi logosunu veya güncel duyuru, bilgi ekranı gibi bir alan koyabilir miyiz?

6 minutes ago, Retrogamer4423 said:

Merhaba. İsteğim launchbox'la ilgili. Launchbox ekranında bir platform seçtiğimde sağ tarafta platform detaylarını görebiliyorum. Bu alanda platform görseli, toplam oyun sayısı, en çok oynanan oyunlar gibi çeşitli bilgiler bulunmaktadır. Ancak üstteki hepsi seçeneğini seçtiğimde sağ taraftaki bilgi ekranı boş çıkıyor. Tüm platformlar alanına launchbox'ın kendi logosunu veya güncel duyuru, bilgi ekranı gibi bir alan koyabilir miyiz?

The theme can potentially put something there if they wanted. My theme Omni just changes the background when you don't have an individual item selected, but really could make it show whatever you wanted. There isn't anyway to do that just via options though unfortunately.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but why not set a whitelist (could be acessible through Platform menu) for allowed extensions for each platform during automatic import? Then you could whitelist what you actually want imported (example .smd and .bin for genesis, .cue or .chd only for playstation etc)

EDIT: I just realized I suggested this years ago but never got around to submit it in bitbucket

Edited by Reaper

5 minutes ago, Reaper said:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but why not set a whitelist (could be acessible through Platform menu) for allowed extensions for each platform during automatic import? Then you could whitelist what you actually want imported (example .smd and .bin for genesis, .cue or .chd only for playstation etc)

EDIT: I just realized I suggested this years ago but never got around to submit it in bitbucket

That should be enough for most problems with automatic import. Because of that when I was manually importing ROMs I was adding only specific files and not the whole directory.

This is messed up. I went to my backup folder and grabbed an earlier one.  When I start LB it has a total of 83567 games. Which is about right last I checked. Then we I close and open again it changes to 83589. Did it again and changed to 83582. I don't have the automatic import checked so why is it keep changing the number of my games?

Keeps fucking changing the amount of games every time I close and reopen LB. Thank god I have the data folder backed up on my other drive. Will go back to Feb 2024. You need to fix this on next update.

5 hours ago, Joe35car said:

This is messed up. I went to my backup folder and grabbed an earlier one.  When I start LB it has a total of 83567 games. Which is about right last I checked. Then we I close and open again it changes to 83589. Did it again and changed to 83582. I don't have the automatic import checked so why is it keep changing the number of my games?

If you do not have auto-imports on then it is not importing anything. It is possible LB is reading an extra platform xaml that might be in your \Data folder. 

Did you notice if the change in numbers might have been being altered for a specific platform or did you only look at the total # changing?

Inside your \Launchbox\Data folder do you have any extra platform xaml files in there that might share the same name as a platform. Such as backups of xaml files or extra copies? Even if they are slightly renamed LB will try to rename them and cause a similar issue. 

5 hours ago, Joe35car said:

Keeps fucking changing the amount of games every time I close and reopen LB. Thank god I have the data folder backed up on my other drive. Will go back to Feb 2024. You need to fix this on next update.

We can understand the frustration if something is not working right. However, cussing and demanding will not do things any good at least with resect to us listening to you and continuing to offer assistance. 

Sorry about ranting and raving but when I put many hours in this frontend and stuff like this happens I get a little frustrated. It looks like I got it sorted out. I always have backup disk when my set is so huge I don't feel like dealing with a corrupt HDD like in the past.  I opened and closed LB several times and it is now showing the 83781 games list all the time so it's back to normal. Just have to tweak a few things.

Edited by Joe35car

On 3/13/2024 at 1:58 PM, sagaopc said:

After update to new stable version of launchbox:
image.thumb.png.f923ebbf149883956fa1997731bef6df.png

I have the same problem since update to last stable version whenn i try to update  game data

I ran into an issue yesterday concerning the Auto Import feature and games with RPCS3 I thought I would pass along to the Team.

By default, RPCS3 uses ..\dev_hdd0\game for installed pkg games. A few months back, one of the RPCS3 updates had added a new way to add disc based versions; ..\games, not within the hdd0 folder. 

There was even an included txt file in the folder named "Disc Games Can Be Put Here For Automatic Detection.txt". This folder isn't included in the Auto Import. Maybe this folder can be added??9_9

Here is what log shows using the older way (orange text)

Untitled.thumb.jpg.0dedaab67d54cc35367dcf8aca887ebc.jpg

Edited by The Papaw

It would be nice if we could select the import as a platform. For example, import Play Station 3 system games but not NES games. Would that be possible. Because emulators of some systems are tricky and confusing. Adding games is not practical because it takes time. But some systems are very easy and simple to import, so it is possible to do it manually.

9 minutes ago, Retrogamer4423 said:

It would be nice if we could select the import as a platform. For example, import Play Station 3 system games but not NES games. Would that be possible. Because emulators of some systems are tricky and confusing. Adding games is not practical because it takes time. But some systems are very easy and simple to import, so it is possible to do it manually.

Wouldn't that be the Scan > platform name > Added Roms, if so, that's already in LB. You just do it manually from the Tools menu

@The Papaw
He might be saying a different thing. He wants to say if Launchbox or BigBox automatically imports platforms that can be selectable like storefronts.

want to auto-import option for PlayStation 3 but not want to auto-import for Nintendo Entertainment System for example.

Edited by eonder87

• faeran locked this topic