LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.13 - Beta Thread

faeran

Thanks for the reports @Belmont. I was able to replicate and correct 2 of the 3 reported issues. I WAS able to expand a game that had been combined just fine and so that hasn't been touched at the moment. The other two issues should be resolved in the next beta release. Appreciate the assist!

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

Beta 4 is out and this is another large update. This update introduces a brand new Dependency Files section within the Emulator window. We have it working for our supported emulators at the moment, which include RetroArch and PCSX2. Essentially, it's a page where you can find out information on potential dependency files (like bios files), so you are better informed as to why a particular platform may not be launching correctly. If we find that a dependency file might be required, and you try and play a game for that platform, you will get a prompt providing you with this information. If you have time to test this system out, that would be highly helpful to us.

Changelog for Beta 4:

• New Feature: A new "Dependency Files" section is now available for supported emulators within their emulator window allowing you to more easily manage these essential files. Supported emulators include: RetroArch, PCSX2
  • New Feature: You will now receive a prompt, with potential solutions, when you try to play a game that requires missing dependency files
  • Fixed: The version badge now displays correctly when combining two GOG games
  • Fixed: A bug where images could incorrectly be linked to more than one game with similar names
  • Fixed: The Amazon Games install flag now sets correctly on startup
  • Like 4
  • Game On 1

1 minute ago, TheNewClassics said:

Is there any way to disable the dependency file notification when launching a game? For PPSSPP on Retroarch, it's saying I'm missing the file, even though it's in the correct spot, and pointing to the file doesn't seem to fix the issue.

If you open it in LaunchBox there is a "Do not show again" checkbox. Check that and hit play anyway and it'll stop displaying in both LB and BB

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GuiCogo said:

CHD files created with the new -createdvd are not been hashed for RetroAchievements.

If you look in your data files do the games not have a hash assigned (would be listed as COULDNTFILEHASH) or do they just not have a RetroAchievements Id assigned? If you're unsure PM me the data file for the platform in question. I can't promise I can do much about it since that is all third party code, but would give me more information I need to reach out to third parties to ask for guidance.

EDIT: Just looked and as of right now there hasher app doesn't actually support -createdvd CHDs so this may be a limitation of RetroAchievements at the moment.

Please advertise the ability to search the Notes field in the Advanced Search info dropdown there, and anywhere else ("Notes:"). This may seem like like a small thing, but being able to search through hundreds of games by keywords in their description is incredibly helpful for users. 

Not sure if it's related to this beta or not, but has something changed with regards to associating Videos with game entries? I used to be able to download a trailer, rename it to the game entry name, put it in the Videos folder and it would link to the game entry automatically. Now regardless of the naming, the only way I'm managing it to associate is by going into the details and manually picking the video snap by browsing for the file. 

22 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

Not sure if it's related to this beta or not, but has something changed with regards to associating Videos with game entries? I used to be able to download a trailer, rename it to the game entry name, put it in the Videos folder and it would link to the game entry automatically. Now regardless of the naming, the only way I'm managing it to associate is by going into the details and manually picking the video snap by browsing for the file. 

No logic was intentionally changed. Can you go to Manage Platforms and verify that platform's video folder wasn't accidentally changed?

• Like 1

Hi, I can confirm I have also had this issue on multiple platforms, where I have had to manually associate the videos by selecting the video snap. I have checked Manage Platforms and the video folders have not been changed. Again not sure if this beta ha caused it but it has only recently started happening. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, erdybirdy53. said:

Hi, I can confirm I have also had this issue on multiple platforms, where I have had to manually associate the videos by selecting the video snap. I have checked Manage Platforms and the video folders have not been changed. Again not sure if this beta ha caused it but it has only recently started happening. Thank you.

Can you provide the name of the game, it's application path, and the video filename?

1 hour ago, TheNewClassics said:

For me, I'll add several Windows games, and every single one will need to be associated by hand. Also, a lot of my TeknoParrot games no longer have the video playing, assuming because the association has been lost.

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Can you provide the name of the game, it's application path, and the video filename?

Sure. Some of the console ones I noticed were Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Pink Edition for Genesis; (video file name just switches the : for - in all instances). Another was Star Wars: Battlefront II: Unofficial Update Mod for PS2. Third was Star Fox Adventures: Amethyst Edition for GCN. I can send application path as a follow-up.

1 hour ago, TheNewClassics said:

Sure. Some of the console ones I noticed were Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Pink Edition for Genesis; (video file name just switches the : for - in all instances). Another was Star Wars: Battlefront II: Unofficial Update Mod for PS2. Third was Star Fox Adventures: Amethyst Edition for GCN. I can send application path as a follow-up.

The : (colon) in a games Title should be changed to _ (underscore) vs. a - (dash) for its videos and images.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2_ Pink Edition

Ok thanks, is there an easy way to rename my Video Snap names to the Launchbox game or rom name please rather than doing each individually, as I have loads to do. I didnt seem to have this many missing videos in Launchbox before recent changes. Thank you for any help.

Edited by erdybirdy53.