LaunchBox Community Forums

Default assets - Extract to Platforms directory 1.9.0

(9 reviews)

13 Screenshots

About This File

Note: using these requires LaunchBox 9.10 beta 1, or above.

The files in the attached archive are the start of my effort to create 'default' images for most of my installed platforms. Copy the archive to your <launchbox install directory>\Images\Platforms directory and extract there. Start Launchbox, select your matching platform names, then refresh all images. Any missing media in your same image categories as mine should now show up (you may have to rename some of the extracted directories if they don't match the platform names in LaunchBox). I modeled most of these on graphic types from EmuMovie assets. Please feel free to make requests, or post your own default images.

The archive has files for the following platforms:

• 3D Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Acorn BBC Micro
  • Acorn Electron
  • Amstrad CPC
  • Amstrad GX4000
  • Apogee BK-01
  • Arcade
  • Atari 800
  • Atari 2600
  • Atari 5200
  • Atari 7800
  • Atari 7800 Homebrew
  • Atari Jaguar
  • Atari Jaguar CD
  • Atari Lynx
  • Atari ST
  • Bally Astrocade
  • Bandai Sufami Turbo
  • Bandai Super Vision 8000
  • Camputers Lynx
  • ColecoVision
  • Commodore 64
  • Commodore 128
  • Commodore Amiga
  • Commodore Amiga CD32
  • Commodore CDTV
  • Commodore MAX Machine
  • Commodore Pet
  • Commodore Plus 4
  • Commodore VIC-20
  • Dendy
  • Dragon 32
  • Dragon 64
  • Emerson Arcadia 2001
  • Entex Adventure Vision
  • Epoch Super Cassette Vision
  • Fairchild Channel F
  • GCE Vectrex
  • Magnavox Odyssey 2
  • Mattel Intellivision
  • Microsoft MSX
  • Microsoft MSX2
  • Microsoft XBOX
  • Microsoft XBOX 360
  • MS-DOS
  • MUGEN
  • NEC PC-8801
  • NEC PC-9801
  • NEC PC-FX
  • NEC PC Engine
  • NEC PC Engine-CD
  • NEC SuperGrafx
  • NEC TurboGrafx-16
  • NEC TurboGrafx-CD
  • Nintendo 3DS
  • Nintendo 64
  • Nintendo 64 (Japan)
  • Nintendo 64DD
  • Nintendo DS
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Nintendo Famicom
  • Nintendo Game Boy
  • Nintendo Game Boy Advance
  • Nintendo Game Boy Color
  • Nintendo GameCube
  • Nintendo MSU-1
  • Nintendo Satellaview
  • Nintendo Switch
  • Nintendo Virtual Boy
  • Nintendo Wii
  • Nintendo Wii U
  • Nintendo WiiWare
  • Panasonic 3DO
  • Philips CD-I
  • Philips Videopac G7000
  • Philips Videopac Plus G7400
  • PopCap
  • RCA Studio II
  • Sega 32X
  • Sega CD
  • Sega CD 32X
  • Sega Dreamcast
  • Sega Game Gear
  • Sega Genesis
  • Sega Master System
  • Sega Mega-CD
  • Sega Mega Drive
  • Sega Saturn
  • Sega SG-1000
  • Sharp MZ-2500
  • Sharp X68000
  • Sinclair ZX-81
  • Sinclair ZX Spectrum
  • SNK Neo Geo AES
  • SNK Neo Geo CD
  • SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color
  • Sony Playstation
  • Sony Playstation 2
  • Sony Playstation 3
  • Sony Playstation Vita
  • Sony PSP
  • Sony PSP Minis
  • SpectraVideo
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System (Pal)
  • Tandy TRS-80
  • Tandy TRS-80 Color Computer
  • Windows
  • WonderSwan
  • WonderSwan Color

What's New in Version 1.9.0   See changelog

Released

Added/Updated files for the following systems:

• MS-DOS
  • NEC PC Engine-CD
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 25
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 7

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

hey there mr dragon57, this is awesome and something i have really needed, one problem for me is being from the other side of the pond (england) my console names mainly sega are different.. any chance for Mega Drive , Mega CD etc? and if you could get amstrad cpc and amstrad GX4000 id be one happy camper haha, but well done this is brilliant 

@Retro808 was gracious enough to knock these two 3D boxes up for me, so ill post them here if they are helpful to anyone right now. All credit to @Retro808 for doing the work for me, and  @Mr. RetroLust and @bLAZER from the emumovies site for the templates. :) 

Arcade.thumb.png.422b85695be62c3227b1171c1c6dae2f.png560488305_CommodoreAmiga.thumb.png.bb3fd497c5c643a463af48fcdeb6d946.png

• Like 4

love these, keep 'em coming! thanks!  

alternate EU and JAP versions of the SNES / Super Famicom would be nice as well.  
(US people often forget about the EU version of the SNES even existing, it basically looks like the SFC but has the SNES branding on it and had almost identical to US game boxes, the JAP boxes were weird vertical ones that i've never seen in RL, i think the default layout of the picture might have been a little bit different on the EU boxes if you want to go super accurate but the US boxes are close enough ...it also ran at 50Hz instead of 60, i think we in the EU had the weirdest SNES version of them all.)  

for Sony PS1 3D Box art you used the one from WillyWonka if i see this right. ( https://emumovies.com/files/file/2003-sony-playstation-3d-boxes-pack/ )

it would be nice if you could provide a 3D box that fits the set by "DamnedRegistrations", which is IMHO the better set as it includes all regions and is most accurate for the type of CD Boxes that the original games actually used instead of using a one fits all template.( https://emumovies.com/files/file/2512-sony-playstation-3d-boxes-pack/ ) ...i just think that set is a lot better.  

...and i just noticed the 3D Box for Atari Lynx says "Chips Callenge" on the left side (spine art) that should not be there.

These are great, thanks a lot!

Unfortunately, most systems for which box art is actually hard to find, are the computer systems (you already got the TRS-80 CoCo). I would especially love to see the Amstrad CPC.

Then, of course, there are systems for which there pretty much no art at all, like the Spectravideo, the EACA EG2000 Colour Genie, the Exidy Sorcerer, etc. but those are too many and too niche...

Edited by EgoBizarro

Awesome work brother, this definitely fills the void on the eye, thank you very much for your contribution, you definitely have a talent 

On 7/10/2019 at 8:47 AM, reddingmyst said:

hey there mr dragon57, this is awesome and something i have really needed, one problem for me is being from the other side of the pond (england) my console names mainly sega are different.. any chance for Mega Drive , Mega CD etc? and if you could get amstrad cpc and amstrad GX4000 id be one happy camper haha, but well done this is brilliant 

Here is what I came up with for the two Sega systems. I'll work on the Amstrad ones later.

Sheet_00.thumb.png.70307fb62428d8f52f3f494f0a08e0f0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2019 at 8:47 AM, reddingmyst said:

@reddingmyst Here are the Amstrad systems. Let me know what you think.

Sheet_03.thumb.png.692ccbee1d8ec20708d64db040cbbe0a.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@dragon57 If you get time, could you do ones for Sammy Atomiswave and Sega Naomi please?  I just added these to my collection and found quite a few have missing artwork... while not huge collections it would look better if they had a good stock 3D box, etc.

Thx,
CDBlue

Edited by CDBlue

2 minutes ago, sagaopc said:

I have 9.10 and doesn't work to me. There's something to do? I put on Image>platform and Image.

Captura de Tela (2).png

Captura de Tela (3).png

You have them in the wrong location. Launchbox/Images/PLATFORMS/Nam of platform.

6 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You have them in the wrong location. Launchbox/Images/PLATFORMS/Nam of platform.

didn't work! I refreshed with F5

Captura de Tela (4).png

Captura de Tela (5).png

2 minutes ago, sagaopc said:

didn't work! I refreshed with F5

Captura de Tela (4).png

Captura de Tela (5).png

That is because of your Box-3D image priorities, if you have other images specified it will still show those first. Uncheck all image types for Box-3D and just leave Box-3D.

image.thumb.png.a31b9aaaa4fc33f738da1356fdd15957.png

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

That is because of your Box-3D image priorities, if you have other images specified it will still show those first. Uncheck all image types for Box-3D and just leave Box-3D.

image.thumb.png.a31b9aaaa4fc33f738da1356fdd15957.png

Now it works, Thanks!

• Like 1

The pics that you have shown in the thread is awesome but have they been added to the original download file or will ya put them on a seperate file label with the computer name or simply a version number?  How would you prefer we request systems to add via list/request or one by one?  Please let me know cause I have several systems/console/arcade/etc. to request for and thanks for the great work.

Eli

1 hour ago, eli517 said:

The pics that you have shown in the thread is awesome but have they been added to the original download file or will ya put them on a seperate file label with the computer name or simply a version number?  How would you prefer we request systems to add via list/request or one by one?  Please let me know cause I have several systems/console/arcade/etc. to request for and thanks for the great work.

Eli

I will be uploading the new ones soon. I wanted to have more complete by now, but life had other plans. :)

I will create another version of the archive. I will also update the list of packaged systems.

Feel free to either request one at a time as you think of systems, or submit a list of them.

3 hours ago, dragon57 said:

I will be uploading the new ones soon. I wanted to have more complete by now, but life had other plans. :)

I will create another version of the archive. I will also update the list of packaged systems.

Feel free to either request one at a time as you think of systems, or submit a list of them.

thank you for the quick response.  Here is the list of some of the systems that I am looking for:

Sega Dreamcast Indies

Sega Dreamcast Homebrew

Sega Dreamcast Shumps

Sega Ages

Phillips Videopac +

Phillips Videopac + G7400

NEC PC-8801 and PC-9801

Nintendo MSU-1

NEC PC-FX, Turbo Grafx-16, and Turbo Grafx-CD

Entex Adventure Vision

Epoch Super Cassette Vision

Gulk Video Entertainment System

Dendy

Bandai Super Vision 8000

3D NES

NEC PC Engine SuperGrafx

Nintendo WiiWare Wads

Sega Tec Toy

Sufami Turbo

Acorn Electron

Apogee BK-01

BBC Microcomputer System

Camputers Lynx

Dragon 32/64

Lutro

Sharp MZ-2500 and X68000

Microsoft MSX Series

Some of these are probably going to show up for other users as well.  Please no rush on these and I totally understand as per your reply...

thanks in advance 

Eli

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 4:52 PM, eli517 said:

thank you for the quick response.  Here is the list of some of the systems that I am looking for:

Sega Dreamcast Indies

Sega Dreamcast Homebrew

Sega Dreamcast Shumps

Sega Ages

Phillips Videopac +

Phillips Videopac + G7400

NEC PC-8801 and PC-9801

Nintendo MSU-1

NEC PC-FX, Turbo Grafx-16, and Turbo Grafx-CD

Entex Adventure Vision

Epoch Super Cassette Vision

Gulk Video Entertainment System

Dendy

Bandai Super Vision 8000

3D NES

NEC PC Engine SuperGrafx

Nintendo WiiWare Wads

Sega Tec Toy

Sufami Turbo

Acorn Electron

Apogee BK-01

BBC Microcomputer System

Camputers Lynx

Dragon 32/64

Lutro

Sharp MZ-2500 and X68000

Microsoft MSX Series

Some of these are probably going to show up for other users as well.  Please no rush on these and I totally understand as per your reply...

thanks in advance 

Eli

I wanted everyone to know I have added most from this request to my work queue, however those that are best served by creating a playlist like "Sega Dreamcast Indies", "Sega Dreamcast Homebrew", and "Sega Dreamcast Shumps " will not have anything above and beyond what has been created for the Sega Dreamcast platform itself. The reason being is games in a playlist inherit the default images from the platform, therefore other default images are not required.

• Like 2

I have uploaded a new version with the majority of the requested systems.

I wasn't sure what to do with the Sega Tectoy request. The old Techtoy company eventually acquired the rights to release virtually every Sega system in its South American region, and the hardware produced looked virtually identical with the hardware in other parts of the world, except for the more recent systems variations that had a game library installed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great work! If you're not tired, yet, some important systems with a lot of missing box art are the Commodore systems, most importantly Commodore 64 and Commodore Amiga, maybe also Commodore PET, Commodore VIC-20, and Commodore plus 4.

7 hours ago, EgoBizarro said:

Great work! If you're not tired, yet, some important systems with a lot of missing box art are the Commodore systems, most importantly Commodore 64 and Commodore Amiga, maybe also Commodore PET, Commodore VIC-20, and Commodore plus 4.

Ha! I'm juggling 4 different projects, but I'll add these to my todo list.