LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade - 16:9 (Big Box Theme) 2.6.1

(8 reviews)

20 Screenshots

About This File

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section once updated in the future, if you want notifications for future updates be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner.

NEON DELUXE ARCADE - 16:9

-----------------------------------------------------
CREDITS

Huge thanks goes out to @y2guru for his Community Theme Creator Software and his endless personal help, also he created the animated wheels for this theme! @Hexxxer for the original inspiration of his FutureState theme. @Rincewind for the inspiration on his use of the icons. @faeranfor explaining the new marquee options in v12. Thanks guys!

INSTALLATION

1. Download the theme here and place the folder in Launchbox/Themes/

2. You might need to unblock the zip file or all the .DLL's in the plugin folder. Right click the zip or DLL files, choose properties and at the bottom you click "Unblock".

3. I recommend doing the following to speed up Big Box greatly: 

- Uncheck all Background Images in Launchbox > Tools > Options > Media > Background Priorities
 - Set all transitions to "None" in BigBox settings
 - Use the Clean Up media tool in launchbox/tools/Clean Up Media... (this can really speed up lists with thousands of games and duplicate media)
 - Defrag the drive that holds your media files

Hope you like and enjoy! ?

LINKS

Neon Deluxe Arcade is a series of themes and elements, if you like you can download these to accompany the complete theme, visit this page to see all my other work:
https://forums.launchbox-app.com/profile/88501-mr-retrolust/content/?type=downloads_file

Arcade stick and buttons sound pack, sounds really good with this theme:

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 2.6.1   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 36
  • Thanks 12
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 5

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, Impact_Thomas said:

OK. I have No Images in there. Can i use anything or do you have a package?

Thx for Help

Check out these images: 

Thx Man, this one helps me, now i have die Platform Image in the right corner.

But i see on our Picture in Plattform View 2 there is a Background on the left Side is Sega Console & on the right Side the little Video View. But i only have Fullscreen Video.

Must a insert a Background ? And where can i find it ?

CU Man

7 minutes ago, Impact_Thomas said:

Thx Man, this one helps me, now i have die Platform Image in the right corner.

But i see on our Picture in Plattform View 2 there is a Background on the left Side is Sega Console & on the right Side the little Video View. But i only have Fullscreen Video.

Must a insert a Background ? And where can i find it ?

CU Man

Thats a Platform video, they can be downloaded through the launchbox option "download platform media" or something similar, i'm not at the pc at the moment to get you the right name of the option but you'll find it i'm sure. You can download all sorts of videos for a platform from different authors, really cool videos!

Perfect, i would a theme that let me change fiew things, and show different views like details for the game AND see 3D boxes. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Axenn said:

Perfect, i would a theme that let me change fiew things, and show different views like details for the game AND see 3D boxes.

Thanks, can you explain in better detail what you mean?

3 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Awesome theme, is there any way to show 16:9 videos in Launchbox so that it stretches to fit the box ?

All my videos show with big black borders currently.

Thanks again for this theme

Thanks man :) I don't know if there is an easy parameter you could set to do this, if not then I would have to create a custom theme and I don't have the time to do that sorry. I do honestly think it wouldn't look good, not a fan of stretched video myself.

10 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Hi,

Here is an example of what i mean, regarding the 16:9 videos not filling up the video box area.

Thanks

Oh this is the launchbox theme (this thread is for the big box theme lol ;)) I see what you mean, I also have black bars in 16:9, seems the video controller keeps a 4:3 aspect ratio, I don't see any settings/parameters I can change.

We could ask Jason or C-Beats but personally I don't want to disturb them as they are so busy. Almost all of my videos are in 4:3 but thats because I haven't started to import 16:9 systems yet.

Hey guys, there is a way to make the video section adjust for every resolution the preview has. I have seen the tweak in another LB theme here in the forums. Give me some time and let me dig through. I'll keep you posted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Hey guys, there is a way to make the video section adjust for every resolution the preview has. I have seen the tweak in another LB theme here in the forums. Give me some time and let me dig through. I'll keep you posted.

Nice, thanks.

I thought with all the tweaks Launchbox has, that this must be possible :)

Edited by zugswang

34 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Hey @Kondorito long time no see bro, hope you're well and thanks for helping out man :)

40 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Nice, thanks.

I thought with all the tweaks Launchbox has, that this must be possible :)

Found it. We discussed it in the Lambda LB theme (https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/2417-lambda-beta/?tab=comments). You need to  set the video engine to Windows Media Player (in LB, not in BB, as they are two different settings), and then in the xaml file you need to remove the Height property of your video element and it will dynamically resize the video to fit in.

So for example:

Original line in the Lambda file:

<controls:VideoControl x:Name="VideoControl" Background="{StaticResource LD_VideoBackgroundBrush}" Visibility="{Binding VideoVisibility}" Margin="0,-10,0,5" Height="{Binding Path=ActualWidth, RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Converter={StaticResource VideoWidthToHeightConverter}}"/>

Modified line in the Lambda file:

<controls:VideoControl x:Name="VideoControl" Background="{StaticResource LD_VideoBackgroundBrush}" Visibility="{Binding VideoVisibility}" Margin="0,-10,0,5"/>

I cannot access the Neon Deluxe XAML at the moment as I am working, but if the above does not help, I'll dig deeper when I have some spare time :)

13 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Hey @Kondorito long time no see bro, hope you're well and thanks for helping out man :)

Lust! Long time indeed. All well over here. Kinda stumped in the middle of some personal matters that prevents me from having any spare time at all, but all is good.
Hope all is good in there as well :)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

Found it. We discussed it in the Lambda LB theme (https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/2417-lambda-beta/?tab=comments). You need to  set the video engine to Windows Media Player (in LB, not in BB, as they are two different settings), and then in the xaml file you need to remove the Height property of your video element and it will dynamically resize the video to fit in.

So for example:

Original line in the Lambda file:

<controls:VideoControl x:Name="VideoControl" Background="{StaticResource LD_VideoBackgroundBrush}" Visibility="{Binding VideoVisibility}" Margin="0,-10,0,5" Height="{Binding Path=ActualWidth, RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Converter={StaticResource VideoWidthToHeightConverter}}"/>

Modified line in the Lambda file:

<controls:VideoControl x:Name="VideoControl" Background="{StaticResource LD_VideoBackgroundBrush}" Visibility="{Binding VideoVisibility}" Margin="0,-10,0,5"/>

I cannot access the Neon Deluxe XAML at the moment as I am working, but if the above does not help, I'll dig deeper when I have some spare time :)

Lust! Long time indeed. All well over here. Kinda stumped in the middle of some personal matters that prevents me from having any spare time at all, but all is good.
Hope all is good in there as well :)

Good to hear man, all is well over here as well ;) Thanks for finding it, I won't be changing this for my own setup or the theme itself as I see windows media player as something of the past lol hold on, @C-Beats sorry to disturb you but do you know if there is something we can do to have the video player in launchbox without black bars in 16:9 video's? A line of code or parameter setting? 

12 hours ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Good to hear man, all is well over here as well ;) Thanks for finding it, I won't be changing this for my own setup or the theme itself as I see windows media player as something of the past lol hold on, @C-Beats sorry to disturb you but do you know if there is something we can do to have the video player in launchbox without black bars in 16:9 video's? A line of code or parameter setting? 

One way to do it is to just add Background="Transparent" into the VideoControl.

• Thanks 1

love this theme! literally just paid for launchbox premium so I could have it!

one query - when I select a game it takes me into a new screen where the default image on right of screen is the cabinet and behind the game text and video appears to be the flyer image - am I able to change these anywhere? the images of cabinets I have tend to be poor quality so was hoping to replace with 3d box art instead and Id like to remove the flyer image to just have the neon deluxe wallpaper visible instead

thanks for the great work!

• Thanks 1

Thanks, glad you like :)

For those changes I would have to make you a custom theme but I don't have the time. I'll be releasing the CTC template in the future so anyone can thinker with it. What you can do however is messing with your image priorities in Launchbox settings.

6 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thanks, glad you like :)

For those changes I would have to make you a custom theme but I don't have the time. I'll be releasing the CTC template in the future so anyone can thinker with it. What you can do however is messing with your image priorities in Launchbox settings.

thank you!

I will have a play :)

What's New in Version 2.1

- Changed the old themes name to: Discontinued - Neon Deluxe Arcade Final (Fading wheels)

- Added: Discontinued - Neon Deluxe Arcade Final (Fading wheels) - Community Theme Creator file

• Like 1

So glad to have the community theme creator files ! ?

But why is it written discontinued now, you don't want to work on the theme anymore? Or maybe you are building something entirely new?

• Game On 1

36 minutes ago, Hvitson said:

So glad to have the community theme creator files ! ?

But why is it written discontinued now, you don't want to work on the theme anymore? Or maybe you are building something entirely new?

Glad you like ;) I had 3 different Neon Arcade Deluxe themes: Neon Arcade Deluxe Final with fading wheels, the 4:3 version (also discontinued) and the alt views version which is the one i'll be working on in the future. It was too much work to maintain all 3 of them.

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

Hello I have installed the alt views final theme but when I try to switch view in platforms it will not change just stay stuck showing the clear logos 

32 minutes ago, techgeniusmike said:

Hello I have installed the alt views final theme but when I try to switch view in platforms it will not change just stay stuck showing the clear logos 

If you change view in games will that cause the same issue?

1 minute ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

If you change view in games will that cause the same issue?

No it works perfect when switching views in games I just want to be able t see the platform descriptions but it just stays stuck in the clear logos

Just now, techgeniusmike said:

No it works perfect when switching views in games I just want to be able t see the platform descriptions but it just stays stuck in the clear logos

Ah yes, I understand now, alt views only has 2 views without platform descriptions, the difference in the 2 views is showing a device image if you have such an image that is. In the new version which comes out within a few weeks there is a new view with platform descriptions.

• Like 2
  • Game On 1

Just now, Mr. RetroLust said:

Ah yes, I understand now, alt views only has 2 views without platform descriptions, the difference in the 2 views is showing a device image if you have such an image that is. In the new version which comes out within a few weeks there is a new view with platform descriptions.

Ok I can't wait for it man your work is amazing thanks

• Thanks 1