LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi addon for LaunchBox 1.6.0

(27 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Launches LaunchBox in Big Box mode from within Kodi - It will close or minimize Kodi, launch LaunchBox in Big Box mode and when Big Box is exited Kodi will restart or maximize, with the option to run programs pre/post LaunchBox. It works with Windows only.

Features:
BigBox Startup video and splash screen support
LaunchBox and BigBox Updater support
LaunchBox (Free or Premium) and BigBox mode selection
Multiple Monitor detection and handling
Pre/Post scripts
Minimize or close Kodi option
Launcher Helper script version check
Supports Kodi 19, 20 and Kodi Windows Store versions.

Requirements:
Windows PC
LaunchBox (Premium or Free)
Kodi 19, 20 or Windows Store for Windows
Kodi 16, 17, 18, 19 for Windows (Up to version 1.5.9, BigBox only)

Known Issues:
Due to Windows Store's UWA security restrictions, user must set a save directory under the plugin's Advanced Settings to a directory of the user choice where the plugin's ahk helper script and icon file can be saved.
Taskbar will flash on Kodi Windows Store version (UWA) using 1.5.4+. Current workaround is to switch to Kodi non-UWA or to minimize effects, enable hide taskbar in advance options, remove Cortana search bar and change taskbar to black.
Starting with version 1.5.6, due to windows security restriction on SMB shares over IP  (eg. \\192.168.1.1\shared-folder\), the addon will produce an error saying it is not supported. Current workaround is to enable SMB fix in Advance settings to replace IP with supplied server name or enable SMBv1 on server and computer to allow NetBIOS name resolutions in Kodi.
Kodi-six package is now required with 1.5.6-1.5.9, addon will fail if after first installation of Kodi-six package dependency, Kodi was not restarted.

Install instructions:
Use 'Install from Zip' in Kodi and browse to the directory the plugin's zip was downloaded to and select it.

Configuration:
This plugin requires the user to set the location of their LaunchBox directory in the addon settings before first use. eg. C:\Users\<username>\LaunchBox\

PLEASE NOTE:
     THIS PLUGIN WILL PRODUCE AN ERROR DURING INSTALL IN KODI ON ANY OPERATING SYSTEM THAT CANNOT RUN LAUNCHBOX.
     SINCE LAUNCHBOX IS CURRENTLY WINDOWS ONLY THAT IS THE ONLY OPERATING SYSTEM THE PLUGIN CURRENTLY SUPPORTS.

ATTENTION: WILL NOT WORK ON ANDROID (BOX, SMART TV, ETC.), IOS or MAC AND LINUX.

Edited by CoinTos

What's New in Version 1.5.3   See changelog

Released

CHANGES in 1.5.3:
- Added a License.xml exists check and alert user if it is missing as this script currently requires LaunchBox Premium.
- Added a check to see if LaunchBox.exe is currently open and tries to gracefully close it.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- The upgrade support in this addon's Autohotkey script will not work properly with the auto download background option for LaunchBox enabled. Current workaround is to remove the check mark from the "Automatically Download Updates in the Background" box in LaunchBox's Options under the Updates section.

RELEASE NOTICE:
This release is a bug fix for a couple of reported issues with the addon's Autohotkey script.

IN DEVELOPMENT:
- Multiple LaunchBox directories support, thus allowing the user to pick from a list of LaunchBoxes they have added and setup for different purposes.
- License.xml not required support, using LaunchBox (Free or Premium) in full screen LaunchBox mode instead of forcing the use of BigBox mode only.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

slacker

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Great plugin, now my HTPC is complete. Works flawlessly on Windows 10 with Launchbox 7.14

Link to review
Jinux

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Ever so great. For the ones who are using Kodi Nexus 20, just open up main.py in the resources folder and add    import xbmcvfs   

then change tempdir = xbmc.translatePath to xbmcvfs.translatePath on line 63. Save the file, and the add on works in kodi 20 nexus.

Happy gaming all 🙂

• Unusual Gem 1
Link to review
KillaBLK

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

My wife thought my dance in the living room was a little ridiculous. What she doesn't realize is all the long hours building a HTPC, have all culminated into this one add-on to complete it all..

Link to review
crampedmisfit

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Freaking RAD! Just installed and fixed up a few settings and was good to go. Super seamless and exactly what I needed! Thanx!

Link to review
Mr.NiceGuy

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Works perfect. Also appreciated the possibilty to use script before and after the use of Big Box. Thank you very much!

Link to review
Ruester

4 of 6 members found this review helpful 4 / 6 members

Love IT. I Integrates perfectly with kodi, feels like a seamless experience. 

Link to review
snarfo67

2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

Works great, zero issues. Anyone posting a bad review needs to learn to read--- IT ONLY WORKS ON WINDOWS.

Link to review
Zaazu

· Edited by Zaazu

2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

Don't know why people are leaving shit reviews. Works perfect.

People need to realise this is for Windows only, as that is the only platform LaunchBox currently works on.

Link to review
bori_serrano24

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Havent downloaded it yet but Ik this finna slap

Link to review
Werner

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

nice

Link to review
BR0KENSH1ELD

What gives? No matter where my launchbox application executable is located, or a shortcut I created, Kodi is not "seeing" it when I search for it. So no Launchbox on Kodi for me.

Link to review
gommer

Absolutely perfect and as many alreday haev said, it completes the home theater/gaming PC experience to perfection. Many thanks for creating this.

Just mentioning that initially, I did have a little trouble: the add-on could not find the autohotkey script. I don't kinow what changed, but uninstalling and reinstalling, then making correct settings before first strart fixed this. 

Link to review
TOnino83

merci beaucoup, c'est juste parfait "launchbox & kodi& pour un rangement multimédia parfait😘

Link to review
kuno1111

The script does not have the correct structure for installation on Kodi 18.9.

Response from the author:

By the sounds of it, you downloaded the python 3 version meant for Kodi 19. You should have downloaded the one without py3 in the filename, that one is for Kodi 16, 17 and 18.

Link to review