About This File
What's New in Version 1.5.6 See changelog
CHANGES in 1.5.6:
- Kodi 19 support
- Python 3 compatible
- Kodi SMB support
- The upgrade support in this addon's Autohotkey script will not work properly with the auto download background option for LaunchBox enabled. Current workaround is to remove the check mark from the "Automatically Download Updates in the Background" box in LaunchBox's Options under the Updates section.
- Taskbar will flash on Kodi Windows Store version (UWA). Current workaround is to switch to Kodi non-UWA or to minimize effects, enable hide task bar in advance options, remove Cortana search bar and change taskbar to black.
- Due to windows security restriction on SMB shares over IP (eg. \\192.168.1.1\shared-folder\), the addon will produce an error saying it is not supported. Current workaround is to enable SMB fix in Advance settings to replace IP with supplied server name or enable SMBv1 on server and computer to allow NetBIOS name resolutions in Kodi.
- Kodi-six package is now required, addon will fail if after first installation of Kodi-six package dependency, Kodi was not restarted.
This release is to add python 2 and 3 support, as well as SMB support to the version 1.5 branch. This allows the addon to support Kodi 16 to 19 as well as be able to use a remote SMB share for the Launchbox location setting. Unless any bug fixes are required this will be the end of the version 1.5 branch after which support for Kodi 16 and Kodi 17 will be dropped. The next planned version will be moved to Kodi 18+ support to allow easier management of GUI interfaces code for the multiple Launchbox support.
- Back to looking into multiple Launchbox support