LaunchBox Community Forums

The POC - A Nice View of the New Walls 1.4

(4 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

This theme requires LaunchBox v11.10 or above.
---------

The new LaunchBox update is here, and with it comes many new Big Box theming features. The highlight amongst them is a brand new Wall View.

This theme showcases the new wall view by providing 2 inspired views utilizing the new Wall View CoverFlow wheel.

What kind of things can the new CoverFlow wheel do? Download this theme and take a look.

WallView1.thumb.png.3942f99cc4bdbb5ca2732fb970c5ff46.png

WallView2.thumb.png.aa45cec2185d9ade2fbcd1edd45a9e18.png

The views use the following artwork:

• Clear Logos
  • Screenshots
  • Background Fanart
  • BoxArt - Front
  • Game Videos

Don't forget to set your screenshot image priority to screenshot - gameplay.

Have fun.

Thanks to @PlayingKarrde for clarifying that this theme is loosely based on a couple different themes from the Pegasus frontend.

What's New in Version 1.4   See changelog

Released

• Fresh copy from the COMMUNITY Theme Creator 2.3
  • Adds the alphanumeric index to all wall views
  • Add Game Platform metadata to Wall View 2
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 5
  • Unusual Gem 6

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Wow this theme is amazing, excellent work!!!! I see where you got some design inspiration from, especially on the screen shot for GameCube/Zelda ;) Any chance you can share the community files so we can tweak this for or own builds? :) 

• Like 2

Just now, ABeezy13 said:

Wow this theme is amazing, excellent work!!!! I see where you got some design inspiration from, especially on the screen shot for GameCube/Zelda ;) Any chance you can share the community files so we can tweak this for or own builds? :) 

I,m not positive, but i would assume the creator wasnt used in this case. The features being used here are new and are still in the betas only, im not sure if the community creator has caught up to that as of yet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I,m not positive, but i would assume the creator wasnt used in this case. The features being used here are new and are still in the betas only, im not sure if the community creator has caught up to that as of yet.

D'oh, didn't even think of that, thanks for heads up!

Just now, neil9000 said:

You're right @neil9000. We'll need to give some time for the new features to get integrated into the Theme Creator. Until then, you can dig into the code and take a look.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 6:07 PM, faeran said:

You're right @neil9000. We'll need to give some time for the new features to get integrated into the Theme Creator. Until then, you can dig into the code and take a look.

@faeran It's like Christmas with the new BigBox and this POC. So thanks a lot! Any tips of how of how to dig into the code while we wait for the Theme Creator to catch up? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nicolasonline said:

@faeran It's like Christmas with the new BigBox and this POC. So thanks a lot! Any tips of how of how to dig into the code while we wait for the Theme Creator to catch up? 

I'm thinking of creating a video that would showcase how the new code works in this update. It's actually a lot more than just wall view changes.

Edited by faeran
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, faeran said:

I'm thinking of creating a video that would showcase how the new code works in this update. It's actually a lot more than just wheel view changes.

If you build it, we will share it! :)

• Game On 1

9 hours ago, faeran said:

I'm thinking of creating a video that would showcase how the new code works in this update. It's actually a lot more than just wall view changes.

A video would be absolutely stellar. YouTube post notifications are already turned on for your channel.

I've actually been trying to find documentation on some of the new functions on here, I tried looking around but couldn't find any, do you know if they exist? Just to learn the basics, to create grid with x number of items per row, and starts at the top like your POC, simple things like that?

@faeran just a quick and (hopefully) simple request: Is it possible you could add the ability to add platform artwork or videos to the platform menus? For example, be able to change this

image.thumb.png.1e256bd2d3346fee2b5c4c224904c636.png

to this: (based on the image in the platform-fanart folder)

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.929c9c35e70dd997a3946a7d0bdee486.jpg

By the way, sorry for this horrible photoshop mock-up. I threw that together in about 1 minute

• Unusual Gem 1

5 hours ago, nicolasonline said:

A video would be absolutely stellar. YouTube post notifications are already turned on for your channel.

I've actually been trying to find documentation on some of the new functions on here, I tried looking around but couldn't find any, do you know if they exist? Just to learn the basics, to create grid with x number of items per row, and starts at the top like your POC, simple things like that?

Inside of your \\LaunchBox\Themes\ folder there should be a file called "Documentation.pdf". This has all the information about the controls and their property built into LaunchBox for use with Big Box theming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

Inside of your \\LaunchBox\Themes\ folder there should be a file called "Documentation.pdf". This has all the information about the controls and their property built into LaunchBox for use with Big Box theming.

@C-Beats thank you so much

4 hours ago, bundangdon said:

@faeran just a quick and (hopefully) simple request: Is it possible you could add the ability to add platform artwork or videos to the platform menus? For example, be able to change this

image.thumb.png.1e256bd2d3346fee2b5c4c224904c636.png

to this: (based on the image in the platform-fanart folder)

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.929c9c35e70dd997a3946a7d0bdee486.jpg

By the way, sorry for this horrible photoshop mock-up. I threw that together in about 1 minute

Is that possible? Yes.

Here's a couple versions you can use to overwrite the default:

Video: TextFiltersView.xaml

Platform Background Image: TextFiltersView.xaml

I didn't have time to test them, so you would have to tell me if any issues crop up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apologies for the stupid question, but what view do I have to choose to get the first image you uploaded (text on the left side, wall on the right)? I've tried different view options and can't seem to find it in the theme.

Thanks for a great theme!

An acknowledgement of where you took the designs from would have been appreciated (Pegasus default and original gameOS themes).

But looks good all the same.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Pixelpiper said:

Just a couple of months ago no wanted a wall view enough to vote for updating Bog Box

God, you are so full of shit, it was on the last poll from 2019 and it was voted at #18 so it made the cut. It just took a while to get to because it was on the lower end of the voted for items to make it and it took quite a bit of code work to do it.

LOL, you can't defend your lies that are so obviously debunked so you block me. This is twice now I have shot your lies down with provable facts.

Well this thread has become an embarrassment. Seems @Pixelpiper has been out to throw us under the bus lately and @Lordmonkus can't correct something without spewing hate himself.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4798bxz5fgk33nzgd5e5

Y'all just straight up need to grow up. You act like hateful little children, and I'm done with it.

@PlayingKarrde I wasn't aware how similar this theme was to yours, but I appreciate the design and your positive outlook here. We'll update this post to clarify where the original design came from.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@PlayingKarrde I wasn't aware how similar this theme was to yours, but I appreciate the design and your positive outlook here. We'll update this post to clarify where the original design came from.

Whoops didn't intend to start any drama. Anyway, for clarification, the wall part is based on the default Pegasus theme which isn't made by me, but the other part is based on the original gameOS which is also a theme for Pegasus. The game view has nothing to do with either though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, knapman said:

Theme seems really cool, is there a way to show the selected games star rating with this?

That is something I didn't add to this theme. It's something that can be added for anyone willing to take a stab at it. The code is freely available.