LaunchBox Community Forums

Photoreal Controller Vectors by Pineapple Graphics 2.1b

(5 reviews)

9 Screenshots

About This File

This is a collection of incredible vector drawings graciously donated by Pineapple Graphics (Aka Snowway22) 

https://www.instagram.com/pineapple.graphics/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PineappleGraphicsShp

https://www.reddit.com/user/Snowway22/

image.thumb.jpeg.3dd232f20543f76e5ec4316b0c76c4bc.jpeg1504781100_SegaSaturnController.thumb.webp.f813cc182434e879ac4051ce6b245cfb.webp

These drawings take Snowway 10 to 15 hours each! I found this artist on Reddit accidentally and was instantly blown away by the quality of his work. Having a lot of experience in Adobe Illustrator myself, I was shocked to find that these were vector and not 3D models. His artwork showcases very clever techniques to sell the 3D effects including stunning imitations of various materials.  Snowway said, “I ended up really enjoying the process and just kept going. I work as a graphic designer so I can make stuff like this in between ‘real’ work stuff. Everything for my job is rush rush. So, it’s really nice to relax, listen to some music, take my time and get lost in the detail. “

image.thumb.jpeg.6f86ef9b9a5bc02bba5a720dae705f8f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.882a758ea72690dc65e8323cf587b87e.jpeg

I told Snowway about LaunchBox and how this kind of artwork would be a huge boon for the frontend community. He was willing to contribute and even asked for suggestions on more controllers to draw. I gave him a list and some references to help. He said that he’d get to most of them, but he doesn't want to be rushed. I said take your time!

Snowway later said, “If you could in any way shout out or plug my Instagram however or to whoever… that would be amazing. I, of course, don’t make any money from that but it’s been a fun hobby and the validation is a good motivator.” Guys, show your appreciation to this artist and enjoy his awesome work!

Most of the “favorite” platforms are represented here. Feel free to suggest things here but just know that these drawings take a lot of time. While I’ve made carefully chosen suggestions based on what systems I think are most important and that people actually play, Snowway is the one crafting the art. I will continue to post more as this project grows!

image.thumb.jpeg.dea4d99b0b0484cca8787f9268ed8c2e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.085617862f1f892302117248852f2183.jpeg

The current list of included platforms is as follows:

Arcade (multiple versions)

Analogue Pocket (Black and White)

Atari 2600 (also paddle controllers)

Atari 7800 (Controller and Joystick)

Atari Jaguar

Atari Lynx

Atari VCS 2021

Bandai Wonderswan Color (2 Colors)

Colecovision

Commodore 64 (Mouse and Keyboard Variants)

GCE Vectrex

Logitech Steering Wheel

Mattel Intellivision 

Microsoft Xbox

Microsoft Xbox 360

Microsoft Xbox One

Microsoft Xbox Series (Also Elite Controller)

NEC TurboGrafx-16 / CD / DUO (also Turbo Express)

Nintendo 3DS

Nintendo 64 / DD

Nintendo DS

Nintendo Entertainment System (Also Dog Bone & Zapper)

Nintendo Famicom

Nintendo Game & Watch (Mario & Zelda)

Nintendo Game Boy

Nintendo Game Boy Advance (Original and SP)

Nintendo Game Boy Color (5 colors!)

Nintendo Switch (Original, OLED, Light, Pro Controller + more)

Nintendo Virtual Boy

Nintendo Wii

Nintendo Wii U

Nintendo GameCube

Nintendo Super Famicom

Panasonic 3DO

Playdate

SNK Neo Geo AES

SNK Neo Geo CD

SNK Neo Geo MVS

SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color

Sega Dreamcast (US and PAL)

Sega Game Gear

Sega Genesis / 32X / CD (3 & 6 button) (also Sega Nomad)

Sega Master System

Sega Saturn (Original & 3D Controller) (Japan versions also)

Sony PS Vita

Sony PSP

Sony PlayStation (Original, Dual Analog and DualShock)

Sony PlayStation 2

Sony PlayStation 3 (also boomerang prototype & move controller)

Sony PlayStation 4

Sony PlayStation 5

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (US and PAL)

image.thumb.jpeg.a3e7e5f2a42f90e4d47e5ea77ee3f479.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1605181a8b88aefabd56467959683de2.jpegUpdate2.0-01.thumb.jpg.849307d455ac315fd3cec6d4158ddc01.jpgUpdate2.0_v.thumb.jpg.813917806a51aa1cb09ea6100e11fa05.jpg

Edited by Dan Patrick

What's New in Version 2.1b   See changelog

Released

2.1b Now includes 1 color SVG/PNGs!

Several minor improvements to the following:

Nintendo Entertainment System

•Neo Geo AES

•Neo Geo CD

•Nintendo Game Boy Advance

•Sega Dreamcast

Known flaws that he will be fixed in the next update: GBC missing power LED light.

New Additions:

Analogue Pocket (Black and White)

Atari 7800

Atari VCS 2021

Bandai Wonderswan Color

Colecovision

Commodore 64 (Mouse and Keyboard Variants)

GCE Vectrex

Logitech Steering Wheel

Microsoft Xbox Elite Series 2

NEC Turbo Duo

Nintendo Game & Watch (Mario & Zelda)

Nintendo Entertainment Dog Bone Variant and Zapper

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller

Playdate

Playstation Move Controller

Super Nintendo PAL version

Now there are 1 color SVGs and PNGs. Not every system is made for those yet. 

Remember that I am not the one who drew these. All credit goes to Pineapple Graphics. Thanks to him!

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 10

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Incredible! As a fellow artist seeing vector artwork like this is simply mind-blowing, and I can't help but think of how sweet those handhelds would look, as high-quality overlays in Retroarch or something. Dude seriously, these are the freakin' berries! ^^

• Like 1

These are pretty nice, though was a little confused when I went to download them and they are PNG files and not SVG. Still great images though.

• Like 1

@C-Beats The original vector artwork was not given to me. Snowway did give me the Saturn 3d controller file to so I could see how they were made. These are not SVGs though. These are Adobe Illustrator files. Saving a file with complex effects like this as an SVG ruins the effects which is why some of my logos also don't have an SVG option. I uploaded this 42mb version of my US saturn logo as an SVG https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sega_Saturn_USA_logo.svg but if you open it, a lot of the effects data was compressed and broken. It would be neat if we had all the Ai files for these but he may not want to do that. I'll keep adding whatever Snowway gives me! :) 

Edited by Dan Patrick

3 minutes ago, Dan Patrick said:

@C-Beats The original vector artwork was not given to me. Snowway did give me the Saturn 3d controller file to so I could see how they were made. These are not SVGs though. These are Adobe Illustrator files. Saving a file with complex effects like this as an SVG ruins the effects which is why some of my logos also don't have an SVG option. I uploaded this 42mb version of my US saturn logo as an SVG https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sega_Saturn_USA_logo.svg but if you open it, a lot of the effects data was compressed and broken. It would be neat if we had all the Ai files for these but they may not want to do that. I'll keep adding whatever Snowway gives me! :) 

Gotcha. I just seen you mentioned they were vector art and assumed SVG. I don't art enough to realize there are other methods of pulling that off. Regardless, very cool images. I'm sure they'll get a lot of use.

• Like 1

Ha! I was working on something similar as another version of my controller image packs. I had only managed to finish a handful of them, but these are soooo much better than anything I managed! Absolutely amazing work from all involved.

Edited by AsparagusTrevor
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Lipheson said:

can you add a 3ds one?

That was at the top of my list I gave him. He just did 3DO and atari 2600. We agreed that he'll send me a set of 4 or so and make it a once a month ish update. 

On 1/9/2023 at 11:10 AM, Beanie moo said:

Any Chance of a amiga cd 32 a c64 or generic joystick for computer based games 

I did mention to Snowway about the most loved computers. C64 and Amiga were near the top of the list. I didn't specifically mention cd32 though. I feel like he's mainly gunning for the console controllers but when most of those are done who knows. 

Love these @Dan Patrick. Thanks for facilitating this.

One thing I noticed is that it looks like he built the Sega Genesis Mini controller instead of the original Sega Genesis controller.

Still really amazing work, just thought I'd mention just incase he was trying to build the original but grabbed a wrong source image or something.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, faeran said:

Love these @Dan Patrick. Thanks for facilitating this.

One thing I noticed is that it looks like he built the Sega Genesis Mini controller instead of the original Sega Genesis controller.

Still really amazing work, just thought I'd mention just incase he was trying to build the original but grabbed a wrong source image or something.

You're welcome faeran. Good observation.

Reading this https://www.reddit.com/r/SEGA/comments/ddsj2s/the_megadrive_mini_controller_v_original/ and seeing how the switch genesis controller also uses the red accents like this, I think maybe the controller you are thinking of is a different variant of the 3 button pad. I was a Nintendo/Sony kid and never had Sega back in the day so I'm not as versed in the small differences. It seems that the red accents version was the OG original. The greyscale one seems to be more common. I can ask him to make a variant of it thats this more common style. The one that he made is a real genesis pad variant though because look at this image https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sega-Genesis-Model-2-Monster.jpg . I've already recently sent him a list of a few alterations I'd like him to make on a handful of them so I can add that to his list. He's really cool about it thankfully. 

4 hours ago, Dan Patrick said:

You're welcome faeran. Good observation.

Reading this https://www.reddit.com/r/SEGA/comments/ddsj2s/the_megadrive_mini_controller_v_original/ and seeing how the switch genesis controller also uses the red accents like this, I think maybe the controller you are thinking of is a different variant of the 3 button pad. I was a Nintendo/Sony kid and never had Sega back in the day so I'm not as versed in the small differences. It seems that the red accents version was the OG original. The greyscale one seems to be more common. I can ask him to make a variant of it thats this more common style. The one that he made is a real genesis pad variant though because look at this image https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sega-Genesis-Model-2-Monster.jpg . I've already recently sent him a list of a few alterations I'd like him to make on a handful of them so I can add that to his list. He's really cool about it thankfully. 

Yeah, maybe there was two different looks released at some point, but if the red version of the controller did exist in North America it either didn't exist for very long, or came much later in the Genesis life cycle. There's definitely conflicting things I've found over the web, and discussions on forums that don't really make sense. I bought a Genesis model 2 back in the day when they started packing them with Sonic and it was definitely black. Was definitely the more common version. Maybe that's different in other regions, but at that point it wouldn't have the Genesis branding.

• Like 1

Yeah the red version must have been short lived or something. I explained it all to Snowway and he said,  "Thanks. No worries. I will look into it". So we will probably soon have the black option when the next update drops in a month or two.

• Game On 1

On 1/24/2023 at 9:38 AM, MysticalGnocchi3264X said:

This is what we needed!
Some things like the Japan variants of the NES and Super NES controllers are however missing

Great suggestions. I've been thinking about asking him about those. They will be there at some point I'm sure. He's already got a lot on his plate. All in good time

Amazing work! Never seen this precision before! :)

Is there any chance on doing a version without this kind of glow that appears in Game Boy Color (all), Nintendo Switch, Sega Genesis Nomad, Sonly PlayStation Vita?

424156031_Capturadepantalla2023-05-26alas22_19_16.thumb.png.8a0ba24eda7926d5708ecb5ec1af9352.png

On sega Game Gear too, and also glitches on the top line (See image)

2110108382_SegaGameGear.thumb.png.c7fb6caf24afd578607c48ebca2c7ff1.png

Also this ones are missing:

WonderSwan

WonderSwan Color

Epoch Game Pocket Computer

GamePark GP32

Hartung Game Master

Mega Duck

Sega Dreamcast VMU

SNK Neo Geo Pocket

Sony PocketStation

Tiger Game.com