LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

Hello everyone. I just encountered a little problem: if I have to translate the command &Search, in Italian the only good word for "Search" is "Ricerca". But I can't change a &Search (menu voice I suppose) in &Ricerca because something could go wrong, so I leave &Search like it is or I can change it? Thanks in advance for the answer because I can probably encounter same problem going forward in translation. These are busy days at work but I'm trying to go on everytime I can, so please be patient with me. Confused

dukeemu said Hello everyone. I just encountered a little problem: if I have to translate the command &Search, in Italian the only good word for "Search" is "Ricerca". But I can't change a &Search (menu voice I suppose) in &Ricerca because something could go wrong, so I leave &Search like it is or I can change it? Thanks in advance for the answer because I can probably encounter same problem going forward in translation. These are busy days at work but I'm trying to go on everytime I can, so please be patient with me. Confused
As far as I know you can translate it, do not mind those "&". I have translated all those to Spanish without problems. For example I translated &Search as &Buscar in Spanish and it works perfectly, molto facile!! bonjorno princippesa!! bambino! My Italian still sucks but I am learning.

Hello, just to let you know that I'm about 60% of translation, but it's a difficult time for me right now. But I go on everytime I can. Probably it will be a bitch to check the work when done, but I hope to do it ASAP because I think that Launchbox next version is going to be a blast, when I'll find the time to install it :( Thank you @CliveBarker for the tip and it's: Molto facile! Buongiorno principessa! Bambino! (Very easy! Good morning princess! Child! just to be clear to everyone to understand!) :D You'll speak Italian in no time!

Hello, Do you think it is possible to use the new theme feature to translate Big Box ? For example, because I'm French and my daughter, who is still young and doesn't read English, I would prefer to see "Jouer" instead of "Play" when I see the Game Details.

I was bored so i decided to translate LaunchBox from scratch. Was more work than expected, but i'm finally done :D I hope i did it alright and someone could check the files, or whatever you need to do with them. I don't know how to use them and hope i made no mistakes :D Now my eyes are bleeding and i need sleep... PS: can't upload .rar Files here, so i uploaded it to http://www.share-online.biz/dl/89XUT39O4JE I hope that's OK.

Opaklopper said I was bored so i decided to translate LaunchBox from scratch. Was more work than expected, but i'm finally done :D I hope i did it alright and someone could check the files, or whatever you need to do with them. I don't know how to use them and hope i made no mistakes :D Now my eyes are bleeding and i need sleep... PS: can't upload .rar Files here, so i uploaded it to http://www.share-online.biz/dl/89XUT39O4JE I hope that's OK.
Hi my dedicated friend. You can send the resource files to Jason Carr directly to his Gmail, also he is the one that implements the translations and he usually release the translated version in a beta so you can check your translation after that to see if any words overlaps or there are some errors, thanks for your effort!

Many thanks to @Opaklopper for the incredibly fast work! I'm putting out a new beta now with the new German translation. Also, @CliveBarker, I fixed the issue with the EmuMovies login controls not being translated. There are new items in the Strings file for those texts. :)

and in english... ;-) First of all i wanted to thank a lot opaklopper for this incredible fast work! i just got half of it translated since 2 month ;-( but now the prob... i ve downloaded the newest beta and i can choose the german language in options. but after a restart it`s not changing the language to german. it keeps the english setting, even in options german is selected... all other languages are working fine, maybe there went something wrong in the implementing process....

Hi @m3TTwUrsT, ja ich hatte mir die Dateien angeschaut und angefangen und plötzlich war ich am point of no return und habs dann in einem Rutsch durchgezogen :D Ich wollte dir nichts vorwegnehmen, aber es gibt mit Sicherheit noch einiges zu verbessern. Musste viel ohne Kontext übersetzen, von daher muss man da bestimmt noch ein paar Sachen ändern. Anyways, as i mentioned in the beta thread the german translation isn't working in the latest LB version (6.3 - 10).

Sorry for the trouble @Opaklopper and @m3TTwUrsT. I had an issue with the setup program. A new beta is out that should fix the issue. @Wattoo My apologies, I forgot to update the French translation for this latest beta. So I'll get the updated translation into the next one. :)