LaunchBox Community Forums

Translating LaunchBox

Jason Carr

No problem @Jason. I have checked the new Beta now and have found some minor problems: Hyperlinks in 'About' Section aren't linked properly: Hyperlinks.jpg The format for Dates should be changed to "DD.MM.YYYY" (if possible) 'Fonts' and 'Automation' doesn't open if clicking on it in options. Some graphical issues due to longer words in german. symbol.png And of course some translation improvements, i just need to know if i can use the latest files i send you a few days ago or need to download new files from the first page.

m3TTwUrsT That issue with the sidebar text is just because it's changeable in the options, so I can't always just overwrite it on language changes. It doesn't ever happen except when people are playing switching between languages for testing purposes. So it's a known issue that I probably won't be fixing (there's not really a good solution). @Opaklopper I need to go through and fix the issues with the forms, but we can't both be working on the translation at the same time, or we'll overwrite each other's changes. Let me know if you have any outstanding changes and send them over if you can. Then we'll need to wait for me to make my fixes before you make any more changes. Thanks!

@Jason Carr Just wanted to ask. I watched the livestream and when you changed the language to Germany, I saw that one of the languages there is Afrikaans. I would like to know if would want Launchbox to be translated into Afrikaans or not?

Hey @Jason I discovered some new translation errors where i was quite sure i couldn't make such a huge mistake. For example, "Launchbox is downloading..." was translated to "We are asking our Community... Would you like to vote now". So i checked the old files and and compared them to the updated ones and found out that there went something wrong with files that aren't used anymore. Like the voting stuff. vote.png So before i just edit it i wanted to let you know, maybe this helps you somehow.

Perhaps my question is stupid but I have no clue on what I've had to do after Italian translation will be completed: how I have to give it back to Jason? Because, I suppose, that I've to download a new package (last betas are not translated yet) So, I have to give my modified package to Jason and then wait for a new package to download to update new phrases I presume. Or I'm wrong? Work is still going although a little slow because of real life work, but I hope to finish it ASAP. Bye everyone! Kiss

You've pretty much got it right @dukeemu. Jason provides the files and then you do the work that you would like to do and upload them back to us through a site like Google Drive or Mediafire. However, there will be slight issues if both of you are working on the file at the same exact time though so you'll have to coordinate with Jason.

Hi @dukeemu, while you're working on creating the initial translations, don't worry about any updates. I won't be working on changing anything with the Italian translation, so there's no worries about me overwriting any of your work. After your translation is completed, you can email me a zip of all of the files (or post it here) and then I can integrate it into LaunchBox. Once it's integrated there will be a new translation package available for you with all of your changes, and you can then go through and update the translations for the latest changes. :)

Opaklopper said Hey @Jason I discovered some new translation errors where i was quite sure i couldn't make such a huge mistake. For example, "Launchbox is downloading..." was translated to "We are asking our Community... Would you like to vote now". So i checked the old files and and compared them to the updated ones and found out that there went something wrong with files that aren't used anymore. Like the voting stuff. vote.png So before i just edit it i wanted to let you know, maybe this helps you somehow.
Thanks @Opaklopper. I actually still haven't gone through and fixed stuff up yet, so I haven't made any changes to the translations yet. Was planning on hitting that up today, but if you found issues that need fixed, it would probably be better for you to fix them up and send over a new version, and then I can go from there. :)

AVissie said @Jason Carr Just wanted to ask. I watched the livestream and when you changed the language to Germany, I saw that one of the languages there is Afrikaans. I would like to know if would want Launchbox to be translated into Afrikaans or not?
Hi AVissie, I think the more languages LaunchBox is translated, the better. @Jason Carr I'll be sending you the 6.3 translations tonight!

I'll have to build you a package yet @AVissie. If you don't mind it would be better to wait until after the official 6.3 release, because I'm a bit swamped right now with wrapping everything up for the release. Then I can get a package ready for you. :)