LaunchBox Community Forums

Who wants to help us design a bartop arcade cabinet? :)

Jason Carr

Well if you actually check the tweets, some asked the Game Chasers how much they got it for, and the Launchbox Twitter account replied "free".

And again, it's none of my business, but I thought that it'd be used to promote Launchbox at multiple conventions, which Jason literally says in the first post on this thread, instead of giving it to his favorite YouTubers. Again, man I guess... 

You're right, it is HIS business. I'm not sure why you feel the need to reply so defensively on his behalf. 

All I'm saying is that it seemed an odd decision. I don't need to be first accused of not knowing what I'm talking about and then being told to mind my own business by someone who isn't in fact Jason. There's no reason for your kind of response. 

Anywho, sorry I said anything. Apparently it's a mistake to do that.  Hope you had fun at the convention, Jason!

We did give it away, to the owners and operators of the convention. We have and will be working with them in the future for a lot of things, and Billy  (of Game Chasers) receiving the machine is in an episode of the Game Chasers. As a bit of comparison, we sponsor the CU Podcast vids that can get anywhere from 20-40k views (we only do 2 a month), and a Game Chasers episode is 140-180k. So not only did we get tons and tons of positive foot traffic and reception, but one of the biggest Retro Gaming YouTube channels loves the product and wants to work with us. I've left details vague on purpose. Honestly, yea, it was a big thing to giveaway (and we're going to be ordering more), but we did this with very careful thought put in to it. The convention was amazing, and we killed it.

• Like 8

If Monster Arcades will utilize them for us, that might actually be a really good idea. Sticks that can alternate between 4 and 8 ways is a really really smart idea. We also want to try and add a few more buttons because we realized the first one was lacking. We're also gonna be looking in to redesigning the front panel button art as well. We are still so damn proud of the first one, but we certainly found ways we need to make it better.