LaunchBox Community Forums

Moderator Guidelines and Contributor Rules

Jason Carr

It probably doesn't qualify as 3D boxes to the mods as it more as a fanart box but don't know what they would do as there is no category for  fanart 3D boxes. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along and give you there 2 sense on where it belongs. I can't see them not wanting to add these to the DB its just a matter of where they are acceptable to add.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Suhrvivor said:

@Robin55, please remember to make sure the png are compressed before uploading. so far, I've seen a bunch of submissions that are more than double the size they should be for a png of those dimensions.

This issue is mentioned a lot of times, quality have priority over size, i upload always on png using the maximum compression level on gimp (9). Uploading images with a lot of compression is bread for today hungry for tomorrow, now many people have only average hd monitors but we need to think on the near future with 4k and big screens, if we upload heavily compressed images we could see compression artifacts. Is better to have a premium source and next create a workaround for the users that want to save disk space.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Freestate said:

This issue is mentioned a lot of times, quality have priority over size, i upload always on png using the maximum compression level on gimp (9). Uploading images with a lot of compression is bread for today hungry for tomorrow, now many people have only average hd monitors but we need to think on the near future with 4k and big screens, if we upload heavily compressed images we could see compression artifacts. Is better to have a premium source and next create a workaround for the users that want to save disk space.

PNG compression is lossless.

Hey all,

Just wondering if there is a problem with moderation at the min? I'm probably just being impatient but the moderation of my stuff is 65 pages behind me and it doesn't seem to be moving. I'm just worried that something may happen that would cause my stuff to get deleted so I am afraid to add more until things get moving again. I know I have been adding a lot though.

23 minutes ago, Robin55 said:

Hey all,

Just wondering if there is a problem with moderation at the min? I'm probably just being impatient but the moderation of my stuff is 65 pages behind me and it doesn't seem to be moving. I'm just worried that something may happen that would cause my stuff to get deleted so I am afraid to add more until things get moving again. I know I have been adding a lot though.

The website seems to be broken, but only the moderation part. Last time I checked and worked (about 12 hours ago) queue was like 800 and growing.

Just tested it out and yes it does appear to still be not working properly Jason has been notified about the issue but with it being a holiday weekend no guarantees that it will be resolved before then. Sorry for any inconvenience to anyone

Don't know if it matters but I want to mention it if it would be of any help; when I was moderating earlier today there was this entry for a new game, a game that makes fun of edutainment games or something, the weird thing was it had weird symbols (could be asian symbols?) floating above or below the english description, never saw something like this before and after I pressed "skip" (because of the errors in the description, didnt knew what to do with it) the error message came, could those weird symbols have been the cause that messed with the database, or just a coincedence?

11 minutes ago, Robin55 said:

I saw that too, I was just checking to see if anything was working. The script was really strange.

Yeah glad I wasnt the only one. Btw @Robin55 i'm a bit confused about some of your entries, i'm only modding for a few months still but I get confused when you upload some new games for the arcade section, mostly when you search those entiries you'll see them in the Naomi platform and where probably removed from arcade to naomi in the past, is it valid to upload them for both platforms or do they want them seperately? I don't know if I should reject or accept these.

• Like 1

@Mr. RetroLust 

Well Naomi is still Arcade, and Naomi roms are in the MAME collection of roms, and if you let LaunchBox create Playlists when you import MAME roms it won't create one for Naomi but it will for Hakaru which also needs a separate emulator. So please just accept them as Arcade for now, I may later on make a separate set for Naomi, if people want to add that system seperatly.

Edited by Robin55
  • Like 1

@Mr. RetroLust

Thank you for bringing this to my attention though I was wondering why some games were missing in Arcade. But its a bit messy as some games are already in the Arcade category and just a small few are not such as Puyo Puyo Da which is in both, Can anyone else here chime in?? 

Edited by Robin55
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Robin55 said:

@Mr. RetroLust 

Well Naomi is still Arcade, and Naomi roms are in the MAME collection of roms, and if you let LaunchBox create Playlists when you import MAME roms it won't create one for Naomi but it will for Hakaru which also needs a separate emulator. So please just accept them as Arcade for now, I may later on make a separate set for Naomi, if people want to add that system seperatly.

Thanks for clearing this up! That would be cool to have Naomi 3D boxes, hell yeah!

• Like 1

On 5/27/2018 at 6:15 AM, Suhrvivor said:

The website seems to be broken, but only the moderation part. Last time I checked and worked (about 12 hours ago) queue was like 800 and growing.

I'm hoping this is fixed for everyone. Sorry for the delay; let me know if anyone is still experiencing any moderation issues. :)

• Thanks 2