LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox User Created Theme Mega-Thread! [Share your custom made themes]

Here is the beginning of my vertical theme "vertical box"....what do ya think.... [https://youtu.be/f1dPvz3QVR4] should be good once i put it on the cabinet ,, this is on my editing computer with my screen turned vertical so it's a bit long... sorry it was a bit slow do to the recording...

eric That looks awesome! I missed getting this into the video I just put out, but we definitely need a vertical theme so I appreciate it! :) Just uploaded the video and sent out the email a few minutes ago, @CriticalCid, @niglurion, and @AwakenJenova. My video editing skills are really pretty crappy so forgive that but here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7_v2ahsDTk Thanks again all! :)

They're called Clear Logo's. We have several on our Database that are downloaded through LaunchBox, but you'd have to find the rest else where on the internet. I believe the Hyperspin forums have them available for download, but I am sure other places have them. They're just Clear Logo's and nothing specifically special other then how we use them.

Sort of. The best sources are the ftp sites for both Hyperspin and EmuMovies. I've gotten a lifetime/platinum membership with both and have to say it's worth the price just for the aggravation saved to have imagery for full libraries in one place. Let alone the video and manual support of EmuMovies.

Here is a small update to show using the ZIndex property to control layers... notice Mario is now in the Mix.. I am new to xaml it would be nice to have Thred :IE "Coders Corner" for help,, and to share "snip's of code" that we could use for themes [https://youtu.be/M4CjYDiMTLs]

OK I finely got around to the in-platform mod....and i realy would like some feed back on it.. at some point i would like to release it, and create a theme installer! SFX or Batch installer any way thanks for your input O'ya are we all suppost to be posting in the "new forum" just don't want to pollute it with un finished biz. [https://youtu.be/UfPI-xw-tAA]

eric said OK I finely got around to the in-platform mod....and i realy would like some feed back on it.. at some point i would like to release it, and create a theme installer! SFX or Batch installer any way thanks for your input O'ya are we all suppost to be posting in the "new forum" just don't want to pollute it with un finished biz. [https://youtu.be/UfPI-xw-tAA]
WONDERFUL! I NEED THIS! Share your progress via dropbox!

Great news guys. I’ve managed to get myself a pretty good and fast workflow for recording HS themes. That’s why I can give you a huge load of new theme videos. Now I'm up to 204 videos in total! The best: It took me only about 8 hours to record and edit them. So stay tuned because a lot more will come in the next few days and weeks! https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_6XLOBnGwlUN3dUN2h5UWN1VUE&usp=sharing Because of my new method the videos aren't that precisely edited compared to my first ones. So if you find any flaws give me a shout and I will re-record it. I also have weird image tearing in some themes with fast moving images, so tell me if you notice something like that as well.

Wow! Thank you Cid and eric! Cid, how much trouble do you think we would get into if we started hosting and automatically downloading those recorded videos? ;) I do want to move the themes over to the new custom themes forum soon, just so we can have a separate thread for each theme. We can discuss theme development there as well. :)

I honestly don’t know how much “trouble” you would get. The flashy themes are the USP of HyperSpin and if you take that away there isn’t much left because RocketLauncher does all the rest. I can imagine that some people over at the HyperSpin forum will be really salty because of this and calling you a thief of their community generated content for your own benefit or LB a cheap HS clone which has to use videos for the themes because it hasn’t its own flash theme engine, etc. Personally I would love to see them get automatically downloaded through LB but in the end it’s your decision if you want to deal with the crap some people will throw at you for this. I also asked Sub-Zero (creator of over 300 themes and admin of the media section in the HS forum) if it’s okay for him if I record his themes and offering them for free download. I let you all know what he has to say about it once I get an answer :)

If the creator of the themes specifically says they are ok with this then so would I. The fact is none of us really own any of this except for the hard work we've put in to it, and you've done some hard work yourself getting them ported over. In reality, we do want to stand completely on our own from anyone or anything else and I think we've done that in spades.

CriticalCid said Because of my new method the videos aren't that precisely edited compared to my first ones. So if you find any flaws give me a shout and I will re-record it. I also have weird image tearing in some themes with fast moving images, so tell me if you notice something like that as well.
sorry to be critical but your first videos were good and good quality, so would it not be better to slow it down a bit and go for quality rather than rush out poor quantity then having to fix them later. Wink

Awesome news guys! Just got mail from Sub-Zero and he allowed me to record and offer all of his themes. He said that all his work is free to be used and enjoyed no matter what FE :) The real problem is now that we can of course officially use all of Sub-Zero’s 300+ high quality themes but a lot of the themes I already have recorded are themes which come through the HyperSync app. So there’s unfortunately no way to tell who the original creator of a theme is without spending a lot of time researching. Similar to the problem that no one knows where the artwork originally came from in the LB DB. My suggestion would be to just offer all themes and play with open cards. If anyone sees his theme and wants to be credited for it or even remove it than we should definitely do that to step on no ones toes.
Cranhill said
CriticalCid said Because of my new method the videos aren't that precisely edited compared to my first ones. So if you find any flaws give me a shout and I will re-record it. I also have weird image tearing in some themes with fast moving images, so tell me if you notice something like that as well.
sorry to be critical but your first videos were good and good quality, so would it not be better to slow it down a bit and go for quality rather than rush out poor quantity then having to fix them later. Wink
Do you think that the new videos have a bad quality? If so can you tell me what exactly bothers you so that I can fix it? :) The only thing that really has changed is that they are not edited exactly on start and the end of the video so that I have a few more frames of black screen on the beginning and the end to hide some bridging errors, so you maybe lose one second at the beginning when the theme builds up and also 1 second of the title screen from the gameplay video in the end. Nothing really dramatic in my oppinion. The image quality of the videos itself should be the same because I use the exact same settings to record and render them as previously. You’re right that it would be of course better to edit each game individually but recording and editing themes is not that much fun. So if I have to choose to work highly concentrated to create a few but perfectly edited games or if I can create 4 times more themes in that amount time in a very relaxing way because I get a lot done through automatic processes, I choose the latter. And if some theme falls through my quick quality check before I upload it I can always re-record and edit it manually to fix it.