LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox User Created Theme Mega-Thread! [Share your custom made themes]

Turi0n said Hi, i made this theme just editing the xaml files. Tested only in Full HD DOWNLOAD
Looks amazing, this is my kind of style. Gonna give it a try when i get home from work I like the rectangle game logos the best, gives it an android TV / Material design feel. If we can give them a bit of a glow/drop shadow on the active ones that would be pretty sweet.

Hey guys... I tried the Clean Hardware theme because the screenshots looked great... didn't work for me at all. Are there any themes that are tested and working, just drop it and and it works? I just want to test this feature out to see if I like it in BigBox... don't want to invest too much time in it yet. Thanks.

Every theme should work. I use the Clean Hardware theme myself too and it's working just fine. Sorry for the obvious questions, but did you extract the Theme folder from the package and change the setting in BigBox? You may even need to restart BigBox.

SentaiBrad said Every theme should work. I use the Clean Hardware theme myself too and it's working just fine. Sorry for the obvious questions, but did you extract the Theme folder from the package and change the setting in BigBox? You may even need to restart BigBox.
Yeah, I did extract the folder and change the setting... I restarted it multiple times... I'll try to mess around with it some more. Is it possible I got a wrong version or something like that? *edit* These do go in the "theme" folder in the launchbox dir, right?

Drybonz said
SentaiBrad said Every theme should work. I use the Clean Hardware theme myself too and it's working just fine. Sorry for the obvious questions, but did you extract the Theme folder from the package and change the setting in BigBox? You may even need to restart BigBox.
Yeah, I did extract the folder and change the setting... I restarted it multiple times... I'll try to mess around with it some more. Is it possible I got a wrong version or something like that? *edit* These do go in the "theme" folder in the launchbox dir, right?
Yes theme folder. When extracted how is the folder looking. Because the extracted folder usually has a folder inside. There can not be 2 folder the folder with the files inside is the only one you need. So theme Rar- becomes Them folder - inside that folder is a folder which is the one you want.

Thanks for the reply... yes, I have them extracted properly. I tried another theme other than Clean Hardware last night and it did work. There were elements missing... I assume I have to supply backgrounds, etc... However, neither of them affected the platforms screen at all. It still has the default, generic look.

Drybonz said Thanks for the reply... yes, I have them extracted properly. I tried another theme other than Clean Hardware last night and it did work. There were elements missing... I assume I have to supply backgrounds, etc... However, neither of them affected the platforms screen at all. It still has the default, generic look.
If I remember the clean Hardware looks like the normal expect the giant console images. Is the normal squares not blown up? . It's ugly unless you download the art he links to.

Yeah, I gave up on it pretty quickly. Just just wanted something I could test out that would make use of the wheel logos and so on, but I have too many other projects to put a lot of time into it, unfortunately. Thank you for the helpful comments, though... I appreciate it.

Drybonz said Yeah, I gave up on it pretty quickly.
Yes, i've put a ReadMe.txt file in the .zip. I explain everything in it (3 lines to read). We can't force BigBox to use specific images for every plateform. You have to set them yourself in Launchbox. It's not really time consuming, juste a matter of 10 or 15 minutes. Wink

SentaiBrad said There was a bug of them not switching, but if you're on the latest beta then it should be switching just fine. When themes are out of Beta I will be making a tutorial on how to enable them.
Thanks... I'll let it marinate for a bit and check back.

Wondering if at some point I can port my HTPC/Kodi style theme that I was making for HyperSpin (you can see it here: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/13804-aeon-mq6-unified-16x9-wip-branch-of-dark13s-aeon-nox-xiii-htpc-kodi-style/) I hope so as LaunchBox is far more user friendly for the unexperienced user.

NewYears1978 said Wondering if at some point I can port my HTPC/Kodi style theme that I was making for HyperSpin (you can see it here: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/13804-aeon-mq6-unified-16x9-wip-branch-of-dark13s-aeon-nox-xiii-htpc-kodi-style/) I hope so as LaunchBox is far more user friendly for the unexperienced user.
Oh myLaugh if you can please do MQ is my favorite look for Kodi and this looks gorgeous . Can't wait for MQ7

NewYears1978 said Wondering if at some point I can port my HTPC/Kodi style theme that I was making for HyperSpin (you can see it here: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/13804-aeon-mq6-unified-16x9-wip-branch-of-dark13s-aeon-nox-xiii-htpc-kodi-style/) I hope so as LaunchBox is far more user friendly for the unexperienced user.
Since this looks very close to one of the BigBox views as is, then yes. BigBox was made in the same theming engine we are allowing users to use to create their themes.

SentaiBrad said
Since this looks very close to one of the BigBox views as is, then yes. BigBox was made in the same theming engine we are allowing users to use to create their themes.
Yah I know it's possible, what I meant by my post is more like inner thinking. Was wondering to myself if it was possible for me to accomplish my theme... If that makes sense lol. It was a crap ton of work and since this themeing engine is new..would have to learn it..looks similar to HTML though ;) (Just in messing with Big Box last night though I am not so sure..I installed the Beta and the Box art's keep disappearing..they work then after using app a few mins they all turn grey (or some of them do)) I love how far Launchbox has come for sure :)