LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox User Created Theme Mega-Thread! [Share your custom made themes]

Turi0n said Hi, i made this theme just editing the xaml files. Tested only in Full HD DOWNLOAD mi4or4U.jpg 2H6P5d3.jpg mUmvGpT.jpg AzPHJzo.jpg With different background color gradient 2c60Mud.jpg
I'm having a lot of trouble getting this theme to work, which is a shame because it's definitely what I want to be looking at when I use Big Box. Particularly the Steam Banners List view you have there. Here's the problems I'm having: I don't know at all how you even did the Steam Banners view in the first place. When I try to use what I think is your Steam Banners view, I get a weird half-list of games titles and not a list of Steam Banners. Various aspects of the theme seems to have visual anomalies... Games with clear logos do not display that clean-looking title banner in their details menu.

• 2 weeks later...
Drybonz said Thanks for the reply... yes, I have them extracted properly. I tried another theme other than Clean Hardware last night and it did work. There were elements missing... I assume I have to supply backgrounds, etc... However, neither of them affected the platforms screen at all. It still has the default, generic look.
I have the exact same problem. Did you figure out how to make this theme work? I'm using Launchbox 6.3.

NewYears1978 said
SentaiBrad said
NewYears1978 said Wondering if at some point I can port my HTPC/Kodi style theme that I was making for HyperSpin (you can see it here: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/13804-aeon-mq6-unified-16x9-wip-branch-of-dark13s-aeon-nox-xiii-htpc-kodi-style/) I hope so as LaunchBox is far more user friendly for the unexperienced user.
Since this looks very close to one of the BigBox views as is, then yes. BigBox was made in the same theming engine we are allowing users to use to create their themes.
Yah I know it's possible, what I meant by my post is more like inner thinking. Was wondering to myself if it was possible for me to accomplish my theme... If that makes sense lol. It was a crap ton of work and since this themeing engine is new..would have to learn it..looks similar to HTML though ;) (Just in messing with Big Box last night though I am not so sure..I installed the Beta and the Box art's keep disappearing..they work then after using app a few mins they all turn grey (or some of them do)) I love how far Launchbox has come for sure :)
A view similar to this here below is exactly what I'm wanting and kinda shocked it's not there by default.. Posters on the bottom and video above it.. Perfect!! Anyone know how to make this? Thanks!

CriticalCid said Unfortunately you have to pay for a HyperSpin platinum membership (50$) to get watermark free versions.
In that case, it seems like it'd be worth it only if MOST games as well as systems had cinematic themes like those that could be used in Bigbox. i.e. most NES games, most Gamecube games, etc.

If it
shadowblind said
CriticalCid said Unfortunately you have to pay for a HyperSpin platinum membership (50$) to get watermark free versions.
In that case, it seems like it'd be worth it only if MOST games as well as systems had cinematic themes like those that could be used in Bigbox. i.e. most NES games, most Gamecube games, etc.
Maybe if the theme creators could share one of those accounts we could help raise the 50$ for them. Seems worth it to me anyway I wouldn't mind helping toward this.

I'd pitch in to that. I don't mind paying for the themes--work is work, and this Mr. Baker has done some wonderful work--but I have no interest in Hyperspin itself anymore. Only its themes as they apply to Bigbox. $50 seems steep to pay just for some fancy video intros by themselves. Out of the ten listed benefits of being a Platinum member, I'd be using 1 of them.