LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Naomi (Demul) in LaunchBox

angelobodetti

Hi All, I have Sega Naomi working "perfectly" in Demul, my issue however is I can figure out how to get LaunchBox to load them. I have separate instances of Demul setup for Noami and Dreamcast. In LaunchBox for Dreamcast we had to add the command line: -run=dc -image= Is there a specific command line needed to run Demul for Naomi? If so, can someone please let me know what it is? Thank you!
  • Thanks 1

you have to have both No space before rom and Use file name only without file extension or folder path checkboxes checked in the General tab and then these commands for the commandline parameters -run=naomi -rom= -run=awave -rom= -run=hikaru -rom= -run=gaelco -rom= -run=cave3rd -rom= *Threw in all the arcade systems it can emulate in case you need them later (As a note Hikaru and Gaelco need to be manually put into full screen despite your settings (I've never used the Cave emulation so don't know if it works or how it works)).
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 20-4-2016 at 8:52 PM, DOS76 said:

you have to have both No space before rom and Use file name only without file extension or folder path checkboxes checked in the General tab and then these commands for the commandline parameters -run=naomi -rom= -run=awave -rom= -run=hikaru -rom= -run=gaelco -rom= -run=cave3rd -rom= *Threw in all the arcade systems it can emulate in case you need them later (As a note Hikaru and Gaelco need to be manually put into full screen despite your settings (I've never used the Cave emulation so don't know if it works or how it works)).

Hello DOS76 i am missing something i quess? i can't start the naomi games in LB demul pops up with the game list en thats it here my config (emulator)

Knipsel.JPGKnipsel1.JPG

They are .zip files and they run good when i open them in demul, i just cant  launch them through Lb bg. Demul starts and gives me a game/rom list and then nothing happens. 

I hope you Guys have a solution

Edited by Puppet
typo

@PuppetI tried to respond to this post last night but I was having issues posting with my account. Where you have your command line parameters move that to the Associated Platform tab and separate them all out onto their own lines. I always enter my commands here instead of the 1st tab of the form for neatness plus for emulators with multiple system support you have to feed them the specific parameters your line is trying to pass them all at once probably.

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

@PuppetI tried to respond to this post last night but I was having issues posting with my account. Where you have your command line parameters move that to the Associated Platform tab and separate them all out onto their own lines. I always enter my commands here instead of the 1st tab of the form for neatness plus for emulators with multiple system support you have to feed them the specific parameters your line is trying to pass them all at once probably.

Thank you ! i am going to try this when i get home and i will let you know if it worked ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay 1st off if you are using Demul for Dreamcast you will have to make a secondary emulator entry for Demul as the Dreamcast and the Arcade boards need different checkbox settings under manage emulators so if you set up one correctly it will break the other. To do this you do not need a separate copy of Demul you only need the emulator on your drive one time you just need to point LB to it twice with a different name the second time I prefer Demul[Arcade] but you can name it anything you want. Here is a post from another thread that may be helpful.

On 11/6/2016 at 6:45 AM, DOS76 said:

1st if you are already using Demul for DC in LB then you will need to setup a separate instance of the emulator in LB Name it Demul [Arcade] or something similar to differentiate the two instances. This is because the DC and Arcade boards need conflicting parameters. These 2 screen shots should help you get up and running. FYI if you wish to use Gaelco games you will have to set up another instance of Demul this time with a 2nd emulator unless you want to use the oldDX11 drivers for everything as it doesn't work with the newer driver. If anyone might knows how to pass the video driver in the command line then this might solve that but I don't know if that is configurable from the command.Demul[Arcdade]AssocPlat.JPGDemul[Arcdade].JPG

When you say a second instance of Demul do you mean make a copy of the Demul folder and rename the folder to "Demul NAOMI" or whatever and then point that platform in LB to that .exe file? Or can you just have one Demul folder and multiple platforms in LB pointing to the same .exe with their own params?

Edited by Charco