LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

I gave it another shot as soon as I downloaded the update.

chickbone.jpg

And that is the default theme just in case of suspicion of a xaml error on my part. Already tried refreshing wheel images and every image. Windows folder for my default game images is called Windows PC. Are you sure that you named the variable for the windows folder properly so that itll be able to connect correctly regardless of folder name? Because that seems to be the only one having the problem. A few other folders are named differently than the default though and they still work.

Edited by shinra358

Hi @shinra358, it actually might not work for the default theme as the default theme doesn't always work the same way. That said, if others are working then that doesn't sound like the problem. It should be using the name of the platform to find the right file; the folder name shouldn't matter in theory. What is the name of your Windows platform under Tools > Manage Platforms in LaunchBox?

@Jason Carr You are correct sir the VLC issues I mentioned above only seems to be affecting the CleanBG theme in the wheels game view and the games text list view. The default and the other themes seem to be unaffected by it. Very strange indeed and I need to make sure I am on the default theme next time I do these test.:)

• Like 1

@Jason Carr it also effects the Default theme but seems to be an alignment issue see below screenshots first one is Windows Media Player the second one is VLC Media Player and only happens with the Non Background Videos.  Which means when you use other themes you have to either use one player or the other in order for the videos to line up in the theme window.

WMP.png

VLC.png

Edited by Maddoc1007

Just put out a new beta guys; closed at least 50 bug tickets today (though a lot of them were duplicates and most of them were pretty obscure errors). I believe I've fixed the VLC issue where videos sometimes weren't playing/showing up, so if you guys can test that I'd appreciate it. Also these:

- Improvement: Multi-disc imports now recognize the formats "Game - Disc 1", "Game - Disk 1", "Game - Disc 1 of 2", and "Game - Disk 1 of 2"

- Fixed: When importing multiple discs and copying files, subsequent discs were not being copied

- Fixed: The back button in Big Box no longer bypasses the playing game popup

• Like 2

Nice getting close to the next Official release? .  

If I may ask Jason is region sorting/hiding maybe getting closer to Big Box?.   Really trying to frase it so it doesn't sound like complaining  or demanding :).  I  love BigBox but this is the last feature I honestly am missing. Everything else is just frosting on top ?.. 

7 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi @shinra358, it actually might not work for the default theme as the default theme doesn't always work the same way. That said, if others are working then that doesn't sound like the problem. It should be using the name of the platform to find the right file; the folder name shouldn't matter in theory. What is the name of your Windows platform under Tools > Manage Platforms in LaunchBox?

The name of it there is Windows PC. The name of the default png is Windows.jpg and the name of my custom image is Windows.png

Sorry for the double post. Editing doesn't seem to work correctly in my firefox right now. Maybe adblock is interfering. But I just downloaded the update, and custom theme logos aren't working at all in the default theme but is working in my custom theme BUT my custom Windows.png still isn't showing.