LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Beta Testing - 6.8+

Jason Carr

1 hour ago, shinra358 said:

cool feature! you just gave us something we didn't even know we wanted lmao.

however, oh here iti comes xD, I would like it to actually scroll to the game you ask for instead of teleporting there. That way we don't miss all the work you put in to scrolling and all that stuff and we wont skip over the work we've been putting into it. By scroll, I mean visually show it going to what you ask for. Ya know, like attract mode does.

Maybe a scroll to and select command to accommodate both of those. 

• Like 1

@Jason Carr Just watched the voice recognition video.  Will there be a way to make it only recognize certain voices like android does?  It's nice to have it so other people cant control it by voice and screw with it.  Too bad cortana doesn't integrate with WPF easily afiak.

Edited by spektor56

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at (SpeechHandler )
   at LaunchBox.Voice.SpeechHandler.ReduceVolume()
   at (SpeechHandler , Object , SpeechRecognizedEventArgs )
   at LaunchBox.Voice.SpeechHandler.recognizer_SpeechRecognized(Object sender, SpeechRecognizedEventArgs e)
   at System.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine.SpeechRecognizedProxy(Object sender, SpeechRecognizedEventArgs e)

Got this error playing with voice recognition for the 1st time.

I use shadowplay to record on my pc....... i use the key kombo ALT+2 to record the last 2min of gameplay....... if you could make it so i could say " Record that" and it pushed alt 2 to record... my god that would be cool...

Edited by Mute64

9 hours ago, DOS76 said:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at (SpeechHandler )
   at LaunchBox.Voice.SpeechHandler.ReduceVolume()
   at (SpeechHandler , Object , SpeechRecognizedEventArgs )
   at LaunchBox.Voice.SpeechHandler.recognizer_SpeechRecognized(Object sender, SpeechRecognizedEventArgs e)
   at System.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine.SpeechRecognizedProxy(Object sender, SpeechRecognizedEventArgs e)

Got this error playing with voice recognition for the 1st time.

I got this error again on a different PC I was able to close the Voice from inside of Task Manager but can't restart it without closing LB.

After further testing the command to switch to LB from BB isn't working it says this is only available in BigBox which I was already in

Edited by DOS76

I can't believe from listening to the live stream earlier this week when Jason  mentions voice commands and bam, voice command at the end of the week.  I have been messing around with it and right out of the box it worked pretty good.  But the old adage, if its not broke don't fix it....well I felt that I could tinker with the settings and make it better.  Well, not so much.  I went through Windows 10 speech training thing where you talk to your computer for what seems like 45 mins and then went into Launchbox to try out the "improved" voice/speech recognition that Windows "learned" from me.  Well, now I say Launchbox and almost immediately, Launchbox exits/closes.  Not sure why or how.  I am not saying anything but Launchbox and then I hear Mr Roboto tell me he is shutting down Launchbox.  Any ideas on what to do next?  I would like to undo my "teaching" of Windows speech or is there something else I should try.  Can't wait to get this working like the demo video.  Thanks for all your hard work Jason!

1. Wheel Bug

Achieve by pressing down or up at a one second interval.

2. Also, as you can see, images from you theme folder work again but windows.png still doesn't work.

Also, this. Super long load times with voice on and hard to control with voice without yelling. Windows mic settings are all the way up now and it's still hard for launchbox to recognize me. Voice recognition for win7 still works fine even if I'm all the way across the room.

4. Lastly,  making a mistake in xaml doesn't revert to default theme anymore. It results in black screen.

Edited by shinra358

22 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

New beta is out guys with voice recognition; that's why I've been MIA for the last 2 days.

Ha - love it - especially the attitude. If it doesn't understand it's a real "what you talkin' bout Willis".

Anyway, are you having a competition to name the voice or what? ;)

Edited by 80sarcadeboy
Forgot my big winky smile

Yes, sorry guys, working on some critical bugs with the voice recognition. Apparently it is extremely CPU intensive and is also taking forever to load on some systems. Any performance or microphone testing you guys can do with the latest beta (beta 11) would be appreciated. Please see this thread:

Also, keep in mind that microphone quality apparently matters a whole lot. For example, the built-in microphone on my Dell XPS 13 is absolutely useless and won't work at all for the recognition. However, of course my recording microphones work perfectly. I'm going to test with some more mics to see how it fares.

• Like 1

Awesome! Gotta say that I wasn't super interested in voice control when you brought it up in the live stream but that demo makes it look super cool!

A couple of suggestions you've probably already thought of:

- It would be nice if it gave you a quick suggestion when the confidence level for a command was too low.. Like "Show Playstation" -> "Did you mean Show Sony Playstation?" -> "Yes/No"

- I think a mapable voice command button would be useful. So instead of saying "Launchbox" before every command you could just press a button and the command window would open

Awesome work man, keep it up!

• Like 1