LaunchBox Community Forums

Bulk Editing "Additional Apps"

Drybonz

I feel like this may have been discussed before but I can't remember.  Was a method ever added to make bulk changes, add or remove "additional apps" in the editor?  If not, this is really a needed feature.  To make these changes to each game in a platform individually is not practical.

it doesn't change apps it lets you set up things like Daemon tools to mount discs before the emulator loads and then to unmount them after it runs it is also very useful for adding games with multiple discs or multiple versions as you can set them up to all run under just one game entry in LB.

Hi GamingOldGuy.

Additional Apps is a very powerful feature. It's setup in LaunchBox and is then automatically available in BigBox.
I use it to auto-start and auto-close XPadder game profiles, to run pre-release and trained versions of games, to play multi-disc games, to access on-line game maps., to display ProgettoEmma information for Arcade games and much more. If you havn't used it then you really should check it out.

• Like 1

I had 2 additional for 265 Saturn games on 2 computers and 1 for 265 Saturn games on two more computers for the ones setup with SSf as the emulator and Daemon with 1 to mount and 1 to unmount I just deleted all my games and reimported them which worked except for some naming that I fixed in LB but didn't bother to change in the ROM itself for the other 2 PC's which are setup with no emulator and have an additional app that point to SSF for these I just went into Windows Explorer and changed the name of the emulator to SSF!.exe. Now when you load the game the additional app points to a non-working .exe and does absolutely nothing.

Edited by DOS76

Yeah prior to Mednafen Saturn this was a huge problem for Saturn due to the *ahem* idiosyncrasies of SSF. It still has useful application outside of that though. I use Mednafen for PSX emulation but I like to have ePSXe as an option just...to have the option... so I've added it for every single game (300+) as an additional app. Being able to do this in bulk would obviously have saved a lot of time.

Feel free to create a Bitbucket feature request! That's what they're there for.

On 8/15/2016 at 6:13 PM, spycat said:

Hi GamingOldGuy.

Additional Apps is a very powerful feature. It's setup in LaunchBox and is then automatically available in BigBox.
I use it to auto-start and auto-close XPadder game profiles, to run pre-release and trained versions of games, to play multi-disc games, to access on-line game maps., to display ProgettoEmma information for Arcade games and much more. If you havn't used it then you really should check it out.

Sorry, when I get here I am very tired and not thinking very well, I appreciate your explanation and will definitely look into this. One question if I may, Will or can it be set up to load profiles for epsxe? I know epsxe is suppose to remember your settings ever time you save a profile and relaunch a game, but that does not work? it remembers your plugin, but totally has no idea what your settings are.

It will load apps that are external to the emulator.  I am not familiar with your problem but it sounds like this is a process that is internal to epsxe.  If an external solution (like something somebody made to fix some problem in epsxe) exists then you can use "additional apps" in LB to automate loading it before the emulator.

The problem we were talking about is that you have to set this up manually, game by game, as things are right now.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/18/2016 at 4:51 AM, Drybonz said:

It will load apps that are external to the emulator.  I am not familiar with your problem but it sounds like this is a process that is internal to epsxe.  If an external solution (like something somebody made to fix some problem in epsxe) exists then you can use "additional apps" in LB to automate loading it before the emulator.

The problem we were talking about is that you have to set this up manually, game by game, as things are right now.

have you ever figured this out? I'm trying to bulk edit additional apps to use emulator but it takes forever 😗