LaunchBox Community Forums

BigCouch Theme

viking

hi, your theme is absolute nice.

can you please help me with the platform category view? where do I have to put in the clear logos and so on?59208b6c1bc17_Bildschirmfoto2017-05-20um20_30_09.thumb.png.f3bac94284c30c4fe2204aa8bf8b36ff.pngin the picture above is the wheel Arcade. I have no Idea from where the Arcade Logo in the background and in the lower half comes from, but the Word Arcade in the Middle of the screen is white within a white border. does not look so good :-P

59208bb62eff3_Bildschirmfoto2017-05-20um20_30_03.thumb.png.b36f2402a3eda9f7b9d5a79b0f817a66.png here is the view on the Kategorie Consoles.... all is white :-(

when I choose a category with a button press there is the sound twice before the next screen will come up (from Kategorie into the systems from the category). 

would be cool when you can give me a hint how to solve this things :-)

4 hours ago, viking said:

Strange !!!

• Have you renamed the folder of my theme? If so : dont !
  • ClearLogo go to : "LaunchBox folder > Theme > BigCouch > ClearLogo" or in default LaunchBox folder.

the first thing: no, didn't change anything

the second thing: there is no big couch Clear Logo folder. only ones after image, platform or so... do you mean them?

By default, the theme will look for its media in the original folder:  "LaunchBox > Images > Platform > ClearLogo ..."
You can use different media for each theme by putting them in:  "LaunchBox > Theme > "theme-name" > Images > Platform > ClearLogo > ..."

I dont have a LaunchBox install in front of me. I say this from memory.

Some ideas in bulk:

• All platform views looks like this?
  • Do you use an up-to-date version of BigBox?
  • Did you try to download my theme again?
  • For videos, try using the automatic tools:   In LaunchBox, go to "tools > Download platform video theme" > Select "Viking's Nostalgia (4x3)"

I'm having issues with platform categories as well.

On mine the platform info is missing completely from all categories with the exception of Arcade where it displays the name of the category but nothing else. All other themes work fine so it's not a case of missing info.

Also, in the games view when a game video is not available, a screenshot is not displayed instead like in most other themes. Not sure why its doing that.

Untitled-1.png

This is not a theme issue.
The information displayed is not in the theme, but in LaunchBox. Same for pictures (FanArt, Video, Screenshot, ...)

Metadata for platforms are automatically downloaded by LaunchBox. Except for generalist platforms. For example, "ARCADE". LaunchBox doesnt know what kind of arcade to download the right info. Same for the playlist.
In these few cases, you will have to enter the information in your hands. In LAUNCHBOX, open the "PLATFORM" menu, select the correct one and enter the information by hand. They will be displayed in BigBox.

For the problem of video/screenshot, this is ""normal"". In BigBox, there are some display and video alignment bug. To minimize the problem, I had to code this way. There is no other choice, unfortunately! Unless someone has the solution and sharing!

I hope that helps! :)

I know the metadata is not in the theme, I have all the metadata filled out for every platform and every category. 

The metadata displays fine for platforms. However it does not display for the Categories as seen on the screenshots above. I have it all filled out in launchbox and it displays correctly in other themes but not in this one. Again, this is only a problem for the categories (Arcade, Computers, Consoles and Handhelds).

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to make sure to comment on this theme. It is by far my favorite Big Box theme at the moment. I'd love to have more of the platform videos because the 4 that have already been created are fantastic. I may just have to work on some myself...

edit: It looks like there are a ton of the platform videos that I haven't downloaded. 

Thanks again for this amazing theme!

Edited by prophecy0
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

@viking

I have a small issue, maybe known and I just didnt catch it in the forum with fanart not displaying as a background option even when checked in the options. Instead the only thing that will show is a blown up clear logo behind the gamesviews. I have tried placing fanart in both launchbox/images/platforms/nameofsystem/fanart or directly in the theme. No luck.

5 hours ago, viking said:

@keltoigael

Strange ... Did you try :

• BigBox option> Image> check "Use the platform fanart as background"
  • BigBox option> Image> uncheck "Use the platform logo as background"

??

Yep, cleared image cache as well but still getting clear logo backgrounds. I can take a video of it later if you would like to see everything.

30 minutes ago, keltoigael said:

Yep, cleared image cache as well but still getting clear logo backgrounds. I can take a video of it later if you would like to see everything.

Have you tried changing the background priority settings in launchbox? Ideally uncheck clearlogo if it's already checked, or move something else to the top of the list.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Have you tried changing the background priority settings in launchbox? Ideally uncheck clearlogo if it's already checked, or move something else to the top of the list.

I will give this a look later today, possibly this. Fresh install for my nephews set up so I may have missed this setting.